• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
My high school gave me an "F/A" (failure due to absences) in my AP Bio class.

5 on the test lol.

By the way, I got some picks in from other users. Posting them here so you guys are aware:

Jhriad's picks

(THU) North Carolina @ South Carolina by 20
(THU) Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt by 4
(THU) Rutgers @ Fresno State by 4
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by 17
Syracuse vs Penn State by 17
BYU @ Virginia by 6
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by 27
Georgia @ Clemson by 4
LSU vs TCU by 7
Boise State @ Washington by 4
Northwestern @ California by 11
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by 4

orangemin's picks

SCAR by 13
Ole Miss by 3
Rutgers by 10
Ok St by 13
Penn St by 7
BYU by 3
Alabama by 21
Georgia by 3
LSU by 7
UW by 3
NW by 7
Colorado St by 3

In Texas, at the time, if you were in the top 10% of your class you were automatically accepted into any state school. I only applied to Notre Dame because I knew that if I didn't get in, I could fill out a rolling application to UT and be accepted within two weeks. I'm pretty sure they did away with that system.

You're still automatically accepted to UT or A&M, but you won't be guaranteed admission to Austin or College Station. The big one for UT-Austin hopefuls is UTSA, but I don't know where A&M hopefuls go. Corpus Christi maybe? They used to go to Blinn Community College and transfer, but I imagine that's harder now with the emphasis on the systems.

Or join through the Corps. And sometimes drop out of the Corp their first month of attendance.

Arkos

^^^ Can we all start calling Texas "UT" just to piss off Tennessee fans? :p

Edit: what's this picking deal

Arkos

Tennessee is UTK. They have already acknowledged this with their web address.

You're kidding me. Seriously? Rofl. Thats like the equivalent of Carolina officially changing to SCU. Tennessee is slipping so bad, it's almost not any fun to hate them any more.

Edit: I will never get tired of this picture I found from a Tennessee bball game:

673BFBA6-9333-4DD2-A004-463ACA31985C-325-0000006DC2016E18_zps28108496.jpg

Future Volunteers right there :p

andycapps

Conference picks

AAC: Cincinnati
ACC Winner: Clempson
-Atlantic: Clempson
-Coastal: Miami
Big 12: OSU
B1G Winner: Maurice Clarett University
-Legends: Michigan
-Leaders: Maurice Clarett University
Pac-12 Winner: Nike U
-North: Nike U
-South: Southern Cal
SEC Winner: Georgia
-East: Georgia
-West: Bammer
Championship Game: Georgia vs Maurice Clarett University
Winner: Georgia

Arkos

I like your spelling of Clempson but disagree with your spelling of George Lucas U

Arkos

Okay I'm game

AAC: I think you spelled either "Big East" or "ACC" wrong
ACC: FSU (v. Murderer U)
BIG 12: OU
B1G: Some piece of shit school that sucks i.e. OSU (v. Sparty)
PAC 12: Nike U (v. George Lucas U)
SEC: Carolina (v. the NFL's Bama)

CHAMP: Carolina v OSU
WINNER: same as the 2001 and 2002 Outback Bowls

(edit: sorry for double post)

JCX

Football!

Forgot about OT Community again.

(THU) North Carolina @ South Carolina by 10
(THU) Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt by 12
(THU) Rutgers @ Fresno State by 10
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by 14
Syracuse vs Penn State by 4
BYU @ Virginia by 7
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by 10
Georgia @ Clemson by 4
LSU vs TCU by 9
Boise State @ Washington by 5
Northwestern @ California by 9
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by 9

cashman

Banned
They just added a writing section to the SAT iirc. So you can still compute what the score would have been under the old rules. I think a few schools don't even look at the writing section.

mcgruber

Wait a minute, TCU just had like 15 players arrested during a drug bust and they are at the top of the admirable pile?

Not that it was the worst thing in the world, but come on.

like 3...but who's counting? there were 15 students involved in the bust iirc

and why can't south carolina accept being SCU? Its not like many people know about santa clara anyway

Arkos

this was still tough for me. is unc's defense actually that good? saw a lot of people only predicting one td wins for sc

Oh my god you have simultaneously the best and worst name ever. It's MACGruber!! C'mon, Grubes.

And while I expect to beat UNC handily, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we made it interesting by fucking up too. One thing I would never do is bet on the Gamecocks lol

mcgruber

Oh my god you have simultaneously the best and worst name ever. It's MACGruber!! C'mon, Grubes.

And while I expect to beat UNC handily, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we made it interesting by fucking up too. One thing I would never do is bet on the Gamecocks lol

i think it was taken. i didnt care to think of another name

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
(THU) North Carolina @ South Carolina by 7
(THU) Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt by 10
(THU) Rutgers @ Fresno State by 4 ***TITANIC MATCH-UP OF TOP 10 TEAMS
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by 14
Syracuse vs Penn State by 7
BYU @ Virginia by 7
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by 20
Georgia @ Clemson by 4
LSU vs TCU by 14
Boise State @ Washington by 7
Northwestern @ Bear Raid by 7 *** MRE'S LOCK OF THE FOREVER
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by 7

Conference picks

B1G Winner: That school down south
-Legends: That school up north
-Leaders: That school down south
Pac-12 Winner: Stanford
-North: Stanford
-South: Trogans (pretty much by default)
SEC Winner: Gumps
-West: Gumps
Championship Game: Gumps vs That school down south
Winner: Gumps! THREE PEAT BABY

andycapps

Conference picks

B1G Winner: That school down south
-Legends: That school up north
-Leaders: That school down south
Pac-12 Winner: Stanford
-North: Stanford
-South: Trogans (pretty much by default)
SEC Winner: Gumps
-West: Gumps
Championship Game: Gumps vs That school down south
Winner: Gumps! THREE PEAT BABY

Ours were pretty similar minus our homer picks at the conclusion.

mre

Ours were pretty similar minus our homer picks at the conclusion.

Yeah, I actually cut and paste yours. We only deviated on our homerism and the fact that I think Oregon falls off a cliff without Chip. It might only be a small cliff, but enough for Stanford to beat that ass.

andycapps

Yeah, I actually cut and paste yours. We only deviated on our homerism and the fact that I think Oregon falls off a cliff without Chip. It might only be a small cliff, but enough for Stanford to beat that ass.

I almost put Stanford there honestly.. I still might change that, but I'm not sure if Stanford has the depth to make it all year. I respect their team immensely and love the way they play football, but I just don't think they can do it two years in a row.

Though their game against Oregon is at home, so there's that. I see them being runners up to Oregon in the North, and then the South team being completely irrelevant.

Edit: Fixed my spelling of USC in my conference picks above.

Ugh, I'm so nervous about the Rutgers game tonight.

Carr really scares me, but anytime he played a real physical defense he wilted, hopefully that streak continues.

I just don't think Fresno has an answer for Brandon Coleman sans them putting 3 guys on him at all times.

hiryu2015

PAC-12 (Go Cardinal)

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) North Carolina @ South Carolina by 7
(THU) Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt by 3
(THU) Rutgers @ Fresno State by 3
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by 5
Syracuse vs Penn State by 5
BYU @ Virginia by 3
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by 14
Georgia @ Clemson by 7
LSU vs TCU by 5
Boise State @ Washington by 3
Northwestern @ California by 7
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by 3

Draxal

Ugh, I'm so nervous about the Rutgers game tonight.

Carr really scares me, but anytime he played a real physical defense he wilted, hopefully that streak continues.

I just don't think Fresno has an answer for Brandon Coleman sans them putting 3 guys on him at all times.

Ya, I really have no clue how this team is going to perform. Thing that gives me a little hope is that Prince is supposedly a huge huge upgrade over Brock.

Draxal

He and james sinclair are going together to witness a TOP TEN game when Rutgers takes on Fresno.

Nah, he's on the complete opposite of the Rutgers fan spectrum, he's just working on a post about firing Flood after we lose tonight.

mre

Nah, he's on the complete opposite of the Rutgers fan spectrum, he's just working on a post about firing Flood after we lose tonight.

Oh I know he wasn't on that band wagon. I just can't get over james sinclair's claim that RUT v. FSU was a match-up of a TOP TEN and a TOP TWENTY team, and enjoy making all of those references I can. :p

Ya, I really have no clue how this team is going to perform. Thing that gives me a little hope is that Prince is supposedly a huge huge upgrade over Brock.

Delaware giving Brock the HC job is a blessing in disguise.

Just the small changes seen from the Spring Game and the Summer Practices are enough to give me hope.

I think despite the fact the Rutgers secondary is new and unproven except for Waters, it still is on paper better than most of the secondaries Fresno has faced last year. I really hope Deering gets a chance to show off his ball-hawk skills.

The DL looks great, and Rutgers never had so much speed at LB before. I think Snyder is posed for a HUGE game.

andycapps

Oh I know he wasn't on that band wagon. I just can't get over james sinclair's claim that RUT v. FSU was a match-up of a TOP TEN and a TOP TWENTY team, and enjoy making all of those references I can. :p

It should be a pretty intriguing matchup tonight between a *top ten and top 20 team.

*Top ten and top 20 in other teams receiving votes.

Draxal

I will have to repost some more of RutgersAl posts, JamesSinclair looks like Sirpopoppop compared to him.

Top Bottom