• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Draconian

I love how profound Palmer tries to make his commentary. "It's a different defense when they're tired." No kidding, Sherlock.

jjasper

Clowney's job all year is going to be take double teams and allow his teammates to do stuff. His stats will never live up to the hype he has going into this year.

Draconian

That play just illustrates how hilarious South Carolina's playcalling can be sometimes. The last 3 possessions, they barely ran it at all, and got field goals or had to punt each time. UNC hasn't proven they can stop the run all game. I'm not sure why they ever stopped running it.

Listening to Utah State vs. Utah.

Aggies first drive is impressive. First team to play a little defense will win.

Gruden in a Hooters commercial. Why does that not surprise me.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
That play just illustrates how hilarious South Carolina's playcalling can be sometimes. The last 3 possessions, they barely ran it at all, and got field goals or had to punt each time. UNC hasn't proven they can stop the run all game. I'm not sure why they ever stopped running it.

Because our schedule consists of teams against which we will need to be able to throw the football.

Arkos

our playcalling is WOAT. wonder what coaches will be on the market in 2 years.

If you're UNC I'd say your options will come down to "your offensive coordinator" and "your defensive coordinator" :p

(sowing salt far and wide as we claim our first victory)

Arkos

Judging from tonight, you'll be in trouble in all of those games.

Exactly, that's why we need to try it out

Conner has a great arm if he can get it under control, he's super accurate and he can run like hell. And Dylan is a classic pocket QB, a great compliment to Conner's style. I guess we'll see if they can work it out in the games that matter (sorry other Carolina)

(Conner SHAW and Dylan THOMPSON I think)

Exactly, that's why we need to try it out

Conner has a great arm if he can get it under control, he's super accurate and he can run like hell. And Dylan is a classic pocket QB, a great compliment to Conner's style. I guess we'll see if they can work it out in the games that matter (sorry other Carolina)

And if you keep botching that up, your defense is in no condition to take too many 3 and outs before they are gassed.

Arkos

And if you keep botching that up, your defense is in no condition to take too many 3 and outs before they are gassed.

Exactly. Trust me, I'm the first person to be skeptical about Carolina. I'll believe it when I see it, but this is a good start :)

Edit: although we (and every other school lol) are famous for our "bend-but-don't-break" defense

andycapps

My guess is that Clowney isn't playing much because they don't need him. Not risking an injury if they don't need him out there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My guess is that Clowney isn't playing much because they don't need him. Not risking an injury if they don't need him out there.

keep telling yourself that.

If SCAR wants to keep his Heisman hopes alive, they need to tell ESPN to not film him on the sidelines, he looks done.

Top Bottom