• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Talon

Whatsup, Natural?

9. Louisville. You can read here about how Louisville—a fundamentally worthless school—essentially became a ward of ESPN and has now grown into the academic equivalent of the BUY NOW spaceship from WALL*E. If the school were renamed The University of Phoenix II presented by ESPN as told to Papa John, it would be more accurate. Rooting for Louisville is like rooting for a marketing brief. FUN FACT: The football program is made out of 95 percent high fructose corn syrup.
Dayum, homey.

Link

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Whatsup, Natural?

Dayum, homey.

Link
OH SNAP.

aEw151M_460sa.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Breaking news: back in the 80s, five mobile-sex workers were slain in dramatic fashion, their bodies strung up in a single electrical closet on the SMU campus. Crazy, huh.

KingGondo

Banned
The Texas one wasn't very good. Just making fun of our abortion laws. That's not funny hate, that's just sad :(
OSU got off easy too. He just made fun of Boone.

Some highlights:

USCe said:
FUN FACT: Hootie & the Blowfish have a street named after them in Columbia. Hootie Boulevard (!!!!!) was dedicated in 2010, and the band also got a MONUMENT built in their honor, which is exactly .000000000 percent as cool as Detroit's RoboCop statue.

Dirt Burglar U said:
Bob Stoops, who said this:

I tell our guys all the time. It could be you—or it could be anyone else. Those 70,000 fans in the stadium are cheering and buying tickets to see Oklahoma.

Nothing beats a college coach who openly tells his players that they're eminently disposable. Be glad we're using you, Oklahoma players! You should consider it a privilege to come here for free and major in Ketchup.

Nebraska said:
Brent Musburger and the like recite this stat over and over again to drill home the idea the DURRRRR NEBRASKANS ARE JUST SMALL-TOWN SIMPLE FOLK DURRRRRR, like it's some admirable trait to live in a state that has nothing in it. Living in Nebraska is like watching Boys Don't Cry on an infinite loop. It's the Ozarks without the splendor. I don't give a shit where the stadium ranks in terms of other municipalities.

USCw Trogans said:
There have been a lot of douchebags who have strutted through USC over the past few decades: Matt Leinart, Rob Johnson, Brian Cushing, etc. Hell, O.J. Simpson played for USC. It's a breeding ground for deranged narcissists. And yet, in Lane Kiffin, they have found the perfect amalgam of arrogant lowlife: deluded, snooty, overprivileged, completely unqualified, transparently insincere, and destined for a bombastic personal downfall. If it came out that Lane Kiffin had an ex-girlfriend bound and thrown into the sea, would you doubt it for a second? Of course not. He goes the extra mile to be a miserable bag of shit.

KingGondo

Banned
I am watching the Spring Orange and White game on LHN.

I think I just took a chugged the burnt orange kool aide. Shit.

This didn't help: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/29/4668194/college-football-2013-predictions
I still have 0.1% confidence Texas will beat OU this season, and I also think Mack has no idea what the hell he's doing.

They have the talent to win the conference, but I seriously doubt they will. If they had dropped the games to OSU and KU (which they probably should have) I bet Mack isn't even around for this season. I also think we'd be looking at them a lot differently if they hasn't beaten Oregon State to get to 9 wins.

I still have 0.1% confidence Texas will beat OU this season, and I also think Mack has no idea what the hell he's doing.

They have the talent to win the conference, but I seriously doubt they will. If they had dropped the games to OSU and KU (which they probably should have) I bet Mack isn't even around for this season. I also think we'd be looking at them a lot differently if they hasn't beaten Oregon State to get to 9 wins.

Look, I just saw Tyrone Swoopes do things, its making me feel things.

Anyways, I have a lot more confidence with Major overhauling the offense. I think spreading the field with our running backs is a scary thought. If our linebackers and running backs manage to stay healthy, I am rather bullish that we can beat OU.

Not necessarily Kansas State, because purple kryptonite and all.

KingGondo

Banned
Look, I just saw Tyrone Swoopes do things, its making me feel things.

Anyways, I have a lot more confidence with Major overhauling the offense. I think spreading the field with our running backs is a scary thought. If our linebackers and running backs manage to stay healthy, I am rather bullish that we can beat OU.

Not necessarily Kansas State, because purple kryptonite and all.
We'll see. My main reason for being pessimistic is Mack. And returning experience is great and all, but 1) it's not like those players have ever won much and 2) Texas is notorious for being terrible at developing talent.

The Big 12 will be heart attack-inducing fun this year.

Yeah I missed the last of the nonsense. I went to bed sometime in the 4th quarter. What a crazy game, and I can't believe I uttered the words, "Vandy not gonna Vandy." Never again.

Are they on the juice? Most likely not until they're pros, but there aren't many kids around like Nkemdiche. He was the top pick at his position and was considered ready to play straight out of highschool. Most highschool kids come out with the talent to play if they're good, but they're about 15 pounds short on muscle, and they don't know the playbook. He seemed to at least get by on his talent and physical size. I didn't watch closely enough to see how many busted plays he had. I'm guessing he had quite a few but he seemed good enough (against Vandy) to catch up with the play. Both teams had a ton of busted defensive plays, but I couldn't pin down if he was the sole cause of Ole Miss' problems, but I doubt he was the only one.

It's cool to see a non American watching college football and enjoying it. It's a shame more won't give it a chance. You've probably learned your lesson now, if you're recording a game, you should give it at least a half hour of extra time in case it runs over.

"Busted defensive plays" are bad or good? He missed a couple of tackles, one in the second quarter which directly resulted in a Vandy try.

Yeah, I had set the recorder for the UNC v SC game as well - missed the end of that one as well.

Sitting down now watching the preview show. Texas Tech v SMU live begins in half an hour.

Tomorrow they are playing the Clemson V Georgia, Alabama V VT, LSU V TCU games all live.

I have been trying to get some of my mates in on College Football. My housemate watches it because I do and its my house, and another mate of mine is now following Louisville - because he likes the word "Louisville".

It must be getting semi-popular in Australia. ESPN is showing so much of it and most betting agencies are now taking bets on CFB. Aussies like any sport they can bet on basically.

"Busted defensive plays" are bad or good? He missed a couple of tackles, one in the second quarter which directly resulted in a Vandy try.

A broken play is a bad thing.

Broken defensive plays means someone missed an assignment and leaving a receiver wide open for a pass, taking bad angles on pursuit of the ball carrier, biting on fakes, etc.

A broken offensive play involves missing a blocking assignment on the line, the qb fumbling on the snap, the running back running the wrong direction, etc.

Basically, fuck ups.

Pimpwerx

Duke The Johnson is putting his thang down on FAU right now. I remember saying the same thing last year after Game1. This kid is a stud. He's gonna be playing on Sundays. PEACE.

pxleyes

Banned
YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

My cousin just texted me that he got me 2 6-packs. Such a nice surprise. Cant wait to have some before the Tennessee game.

9647ba5410b411e3bf9022000a1fb723_7.jpg

Pimpwerx

Referencing the Canes game:

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds
The Gators are either being lulled into a false sense of security, or a real sense of security.

LOL! Canes should be up 17-0 right now, but two dropped TDs later.... PEACE.

Top Bottom