• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Chris R

YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

My cousin just texted me that he got me 2 6-packs. Such a nice surprise. Cant wait to have some before the Tennessee game.

9647ba5410b411e3bf9022000a1fb723_7.jpg
I hate those 6 pack holders. And this tech smu game has the chance to become interesting...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
giving up on TTU/SMU. I though UNC looked bad against USCe, but dear god...

Gilbert...Gilbert Gilbert Gilbert.

AntoneM

Aaaaaand KSU gets stuffed on 4th down by NDSU.

Most of the entire team for NDSU has been playing together for 2-3 years. The QB is a 4 year starter. Including playoffs, it's like 15 games a year for the last 3 years and they are favored to 3-peat.

They trust each other they know what they are capable of they expect to win and they aren't afraid.

That said, I think they lose tonight.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Tech and SMU both suck.

This actually reminds me of Gundy's first game. We barely beat Florida Atlantic on the road.

OL issues and a QB that's been on campus for 3 months will do that to you.

We've got the offensive skill players and the talent in the right places on D to show some flashes of greatness this season IMO but there are going to be some pretty acute growing pains at times as well.

TD just scored by former walkon Jordan Davis, and Amaro returns in the second half. I've never been worried at all about losing this game but I've been very anxious to see how it plays out, if that makes any sense.

AntoneM

While I have touted NDSU, but predicted their loss,... I still have to LOL at K-State opening up the playbook against an FCS team. If nothing else, the Big 12 can see how to, more or less, shut down the KSU run game and with their higher recruited and more physical secondary, shut down the passing game; ending in a lot of coverage sack against KSU this year... unless of course KSU can make some changes.

LegoDad

While I have touted NDSU, but predicted their loss,... I still have to LOL at K-State opening up the playbook against an FCS team. If nothing else, the Big 12 can see how to, more or less, shut down the KSU run game and with their higher recruited and more physical secondary, shut down the passing game; ending in a lot of coverage sack against KSU this year... unless of course KSU can make some changes.

Kstate opened the playbook? Same shit we ran last year..

Also why kstate struggles the first game every year. They dont open the playbook.

See 2011 vs western kentucky.

AntoneM

Kstate opened the playbook? Same shit we ran last year..

Also why kstate struggles the first game every year. They dont open the playbook.

See 2011 vs western kentucky.
So those couple of trick plays you've run are part of the basic playbook, lol.

Also, 2011 Western Kentucky isn't as good of a team as NDSU this year.

Nice punt though, hahahahaha

AntoneM

What trick plays? We ran a read option..

I don't have a game journal nor game film to review, all I remember is the announcers more than once talking about KSU "trickeration". You're asking me to provide something that is impossible for a lay person, you or me, to provide.

[edit] Would you have predicted a 4 point game this far in against a FCS team? yeah, probably not.[/edit]

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So the Texas Tech v. SMU game is so boring, they're cutting away to show Tennis.

Really? I'm in freaking Seattle and they're not cutting away.

::edit::
Beau Carpenter just limped off the field and he would be a huge, HUGE injury for us. Starting right guard, and he's basically the backup for every other OL position. He is the flexible guy that is basically the backup plan for any other OL injuries. Really hope this isn't serious.

Top Bottom