• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Really? I'm in freaking Seattle and they're not cutting away.
Not for extended periods, but they cut away to show some people sitting in the stands. Then talked about Serena for a minute. Then back to the game.

But still, IT'S TENNIS. They should never cut away from college football to show tennis.

Fake edit: LOL at Tech's keystone cop routine in the backfield.

RkOwnage

Just got two briskets ready to smoke tomorrow and got the smoker ready to go for the morning. Miss anything?

I just randomly popped in from a thread about someone moving to Georgia, and saw you were looking for support as a UGA fan,

Here I am, don't know how often I'll post, but I'm a bulldogs fan, for sure. Tomorrow is going to be...interesting for sure.

LegoDad

I don't have a game journal nor game film to review, all I remember is the announcers more than once talking about KSU "trickeration". You're asking me to provide something that is impossible for a lay person, you or me, to provide.

[edit] Would you have predicted a 4 point game this far in against a FCS team? yeah, probably not.[/edit]
Actually had us winning by a late touchdown. As stated before first game we always play like this.

Offense line is terrible. No push and cant hold a block.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Really glad Sadale Foster is back in the game. He meant a lot to the team last season in his first year out of JUCO and I would have hated for his senior season to end because his own player ran into him on a punt return catch.

Also happy to see Eric Ward getting a lot of action. He's our #1 anyway so you know he would get a lot of yards regardless but he is a fantastic character guy that didn't have to come back for his senior season but without going into detail has made a lot of sacrifices to do so. He's going to get drafted as a Z receiver in the next NFL draft and I really hope he has a successful career.

mre

Really...a walking boot because of an ingrown toenail?

No, the walking boot is because he had surgery on the ingrown toenail. Not sure why they didn't wait for our bye week next week. Guess they're not all that worried about Va Tech.

AntoneM

Ultimately it's lose/lose for any FBS program to play an FCS program since if the FBS team win they were supposed to and it doesn't really raise their profile. But, if the lose they have a monkey on their back they can't get rid of for the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, FCS teams have nothing to lose as the FCS playoffs don't expect them to beat FBS team and those loses are not held against them.

mre

he wont be on Fox Sports 1, he got hired by Fox Sports SouthWest so only our pac-12 fans will have to suffer.
That's how it begins.
It's their Texas affiliate, specifically DFW.

Also, I bet he will be contacted on FS1 for Texas related stuff.
Why would they air him in Texas? I think that Texans overwhelmingly demonstrated that they hate his ass when they gave him, what 3% of the vote when he was running for Senate?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Reginald Davis with that last TD is also an incredible story (apologies for the archive.org link, can't access the article elsewhere). The kind of guy that I think even people who hate Tech could root for.

"When Tenaha WR Reginald Davis was two years old his Mom died. Six years later, his Dad passed on as well. Eventually, he moved in with his Grandmother, who raised him until she passed away when he was 13.

She left him a trailer house and a broken down car that ran half the time, and he’s raised himself for the most part. Through all this, the kid has never been in trouble and will graduate near the top of his class. He wants to major in Engineering in college."

Edgeward

ICTTJfb.jpg

BISON WINS

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Lolololl KSU, your 2012 big 12 champs ladies and gents!

Remember when that guy picked KSU to win it all?

People have been saying KSU would be bad for the last 1,000 years and they kept proving everybody wrong. Bound to catch up with them at some point.

Funny how I was thinking "there are just two games on for the most part on Friday Night, and Tech/SMU is clearly the more interesting game against KSU/NDSU so we'll have the spotlight."

Kansas St. is going to lose to NDSU. KSU usually plays an FCS team their first game, and the game is generally close, but this time they are facing the 2 time defending FCS champs. Snyder is gonna cry old man tears

You sir are crazy.

Last year's FCS champs > Last year's BigXII champs

Can't wait until we beat you guys in Austin this year. The curse will be broken!

Now eat some crow

AntoneM

I guess maybe KSU should have opened the playbook that they didn't open!

GO BISON!

The strength of the herd is the bison and the strength of the bison is the herd.

Top Bottom