• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Draxal

Mike > Aubie > Truman. Need pics of Clemson and Memphis mascots as well.

I also think Kentucky beats KSU and Northwestern in the Wildcat mascot completion.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mike > Aubie > Truman. Need pics of Clemson and Memphis mascots as well.

I also think Kentucky beats KSU and Northwestern in the Wildcat mascot completion.

clemson_tiger.jpg

You're already dead.

Lonestar

8-ball is the best Tiger mascot. If you disagree, you're a square.

even though I enjoy the Fuck Clemson mantra, it's hard to deny this. Though Mike made up some ground, just with this face:
jgr3c5ddTjCNd.jpg

off a commercial, and the possibility of having that be the logo on the field @ LSU.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
(THU) North Carolina @ South Carolina by 21
(THU) Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt by 10
(THU) Rutgers @ Fresno State by 3
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by 17
Syracuse vs Penn State by 4
BYU @ Virginia by 7
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by 24
Georgia @ Clemson by 10
LSU vs TCU by 3
Boise State @ Washington by 4
Northwestern @ California by 10 (What a horrible season to be a CAL bear)
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by 14

Pimpwerx

Gators face off against the formidable Toledo somethings in an early game Sat. I can't wait. This should be the first real test for this year's national champs. I'm trying too hard. PEACE.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Gators face off against the formidable Toledo somethings in an early game Sat. I can't wait. This should be the first real test for this year's national champs. I'm trying too hard. PEACE.
You're predicting Toledo to win the MNC? That's pretty fucking bold.

Toledo's okay. As a program they've been firmly planted in that 35-65 range for a long time now. Won't win but it wouldn't be remotely surprising if they covered.

Bowser

I, a UNC alumnus, will be attending the game on Thursday night.

In South Carolina's student section.

Do I dare wear my UNC gear?

Disclaimer: I have never been to a SEC stadium before

Lonestar

I've heard USCe can be a pretty rocking crowd. Not LSU at night, but enough.

Prepare to get sick of Zombie Nation.

People have worn UM stuff in the tOSU student section and lived to talk about it, you should be fine.

Bowser

People have worn UM stuff in the tOSU student section and lived to talk about it, you should be fine.

The thing is the way USC's student tickets work is that they are inside the barcode on the student ID - obviously it's not my student ID that I'm using since I'm not a USC student, so it might be more prudent to go in neutral colors so that it's not obvious that I'm not a student. Maybe I'll wear my UNC t-shirt underneath and wait til I actually get in the stadium.

andycapps

It's a night game, but it's Thursday so everyone may not be as drunk as they would on a Saturday. Still, you'll probably get some things said to you for wearing your gear in their student section. Also, it'll be hot as balls in Columbia, so have fun.

The thing is the way USC's student tickets work is that they are inside the barcode on the student ID - obviously it's not my student ID that I'm using since I'm not a USC student, so it might be more prudent to go in neutral colors so that it's not obvious that I'm not a student. Maybe I'll wear my UNC t-shirt underneath and wait til I actually get in the stadium.

Eh, why couldnt you go to USC and be a UNC fan? Plenty of kids did that around here, especially with Indiana bball and what not

Talon

Well. Good luck, Buckeyes.
In the new issue of Rolling Stone, contributing editor Paul Solotaroff delivers a detailed investigation into Aaron Hernandez's life, tracing his path from affable high school football star to deeply troubled NFL player to murder suspect. Solotaroff conducted interviews with family friends, high school teammates and NFL sources to help explain why the potential NFL great was ensnared by drugs, guns and a life of violence. Here are five revelations about Hernandez from "The Gangster in the Huddle":

Five Sports Stars Accused of Murder

• Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust, and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

• He surrounded himself with a cohort of gangsters, and cut himself off from his family and teammates.

• Hernandez had so infuriated his head coach, Bill Belichick, with missed practices and thug-life stunts, that he was one misstep from being cut.

• Both his parents, Dennis and Terri, had criminal records, as did much of his extended family.

• Terri allegedly cheated on Dennis before his death with a violent drug dealer named Jeffrey Cummings, then married Cummings after Dennis died and moved him into the house she shared with Aaron.

• In college his coach (then-University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer) may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-aaron-hernandez-story-20130827#ixzz2dE77QFOC
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Lonestar

hey, could explain "MY HEART, ELIZABETH, I'M COMING HOME....TO COLUMBUS"

seriously, that might be criminal actions by Meyer.

But Urbz just told Fowler the big problem in cfb is marijuana. Maybe he has firsthand knowledge that pot leads to drive-by shootings.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
:O

I stand corrected.

Very well, enjoy USC vs UNC!
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against mre when university affiliation is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha..

Speaking of OSU related Scandal, Dan Wetzel tweeted this earlier from a new book coming out :

"The System" also presents the case that NCAA investigators were overzealous in parts of their investigation against Ohio State, most notably in ignoring some pretty compelling evidence that DiGeronimo overpaid player DeVier Posey by a mere $3.07 and should never have received a five-game suspension for that. It also shows the seemingly differing and troubling standards for players and coaches/administrators, where the former must recall every detail precisely or risk eligibility, while the latter is allowed to struggle with specifics

impirius

Are you in the North or East stands? The North is a little less rowdy, and if it helps your peace of mind, you can get there early, camp out in the back row (right underneath the scoreboard), and have a good view of the action. You'll probably be given a hard time and not much else, but it's the first game of the season, so expect a few freshmen who haven't yet figured out their alcohol limit.

I wore my garnet and black in UNC's student section in 2007 and didn't have any trouble other than several people trying to convince us to move before the game.

I'll be in the West Upper stands, seething with jealousy. Dress light. It'll be hot. See you there!

Bowser

Are you in the North or East stands? The North is a little less rowdy, and if it helps your peace of mind, you can get there early, camp out in the back row (right underneath the scoreboard), and have a good view of the action. You'll probably be given a hard time and not much else, but it's the first game of the season, so expect a few freshmen who haven't yet figured out their alcohol limit.

I wore my garnet and black in UNC's student section in 2007 and didn't have any trouble other than several people trying to convince us to move before the game.

I'll be in the West Upper stands, seething with jealousy. Dress light. It'll be hot. See you there!

Whatever section "STU2" is lol

Top Bottom