• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Are you in the North or East stands? The North is a little less rowdy, and if it helps your peace of mind, you can get there early, camp out in the back row (right underneath the scoreboard), and have a good view of the action. You'll probably be given a hard time and not much else, but it's the first game of the season, so expect a few freshmen who haven't yet figured out their alcohol limit.

I wore my garnet and black in UNC's student section in 2007 and didn't have any trouble other than several people trying to convince us to move before the game.

I'll be in the West Upper stands, seething with jealousy. Dress light. It'll be hot. See you there!

Am I right or am I right about excessive Zombie Nation?

Also, lots of people looking forward to that book, bucknuticus. Texas A&M and LSU (over that Ricky Searls kid), Tennessee (over the Hospitable Hostess scandal), and Mizzou (Straight up Tutor fucking)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Was I wrong in the name? I can't keep up with TECHNO DANCEDANCE COCKCOCKCOCKCOCK

I know what he's talking bout. <3 a well made Five Guy's Burger and Fries.
I believe that Zombie Nation is abused by Penn State.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
on your way to Auburn?

Just stay on Bourbon Street.

Yes. Drive down to NOLA from Memphis. Driving along the gulf to Alabama on Thursday/Friday. This portion of the country is a lot more beautiful than I thought it would be. Still would never consider moving down here. Also, taking a short side trip to visit Kiln, MS on Thursday.

cdyhybrid

In Former Trogan News, mARKEITHAMBLES was just cleared to join Houston's football program. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he gets playing time after getting the green light so late.

Go Coujars

Holy shit, I was wondering what happened to him after the whole Trogans thing.

also heard that Nick Montana is now the starting QB at Tulane. Remember him?

I do! Glad he caught on somewhere.

also heard that Nick Montana is now the starting QB at Tulane. Remember him?

Son of Dan Montana, right?

bG3dexa.jpg

Me too! did you see the FUN. concert and attend the Allstate fan experience? And Did you punch a woman in the face?
No concert. Allstate yes for UL. Was a UL fan for the day since I was with my UL friend.

Doesn't get around to punching anyone though. Piss wasn't that hot.

Oh and football is tomorrow!

Zombie Nation is as abused during USCe games as Rocky Top is by Tennessee.
UCF too. When the stadium opened in 2007, the stadium shook as people bounced. Probably an inch or two of give in the stands due to the all metal construction and everyone bouncing in unison.

Let's just say they had to reinforce the stadium just to be safe and has reduced the usage of the song a little bit.

Garryk

I wonder how many schools with new coaches/conferences/uniforms/food courts will use "Radioactive" as their intro video theme this year.

tokkun

I think every college thinks Zombie Nation and/or Seven Nation Army is their thing

I have always wondered how the licensing works with those songs that seem to get played in every stadium. Did the NCAA get some sort of blanket license? Or did the band's manager just aggressively court schools? Or offer really cheap (or free) terms?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
im not sure how to feel about this....

in other news one of our best defensive players, Lorenzo Mauldin was riding a moped from campus to practice and a driver pulled a hit and run, luckily his injuries were very minor
Hate to hear that. Dem scooters, man.

Garryk

(THU) North Carolina @ South Carolina by 11
(THU) Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt by 9
(THU) Rutgers @ Fresno State by 7
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by 14
Syracuse vs Penn State by 10
BYU @ Virginia by 6
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by 18
Georgia @ Clemson by 6
LSU vs TCU by 11
Boise State @ Washington by 6
Northwestern @ California by 7
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by 4

Bonus Pick:

Louisiana-Lafayette vs Arkansas by 18

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
lJ0WW8T.jpg

Way Back machine, back to sometime in 2008.
McCarron, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Trent Truck on a recruiting visit.
Dre still high dawg

It got me to looking at that 2009 class:
McCarron
Richardson
Kirkpatrick
Eddie Lacy
Fluker
Warmack
James "How'd I get chosen in the 1st round" Carpenter

and to lesser extents
Kenny Bell
Anthony Steen
Quiton Dial
Ed Stinson
Kevin "Fuck the HoneyBadger" Norwood
Tana Patrick

And at least 10 others who probably aren't on the team anymore!

andycapps

lJ0WW8T.jpg

Way Back machine, back to sometime in 2008.
McCarron, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Trent Truck on a recruiting visit.
Dre still high dawg

It got me to looking at that 2009 class:
McCarron
Richardson
Kirkpatrick
Eddie Lacy
Fluker
Warmack
James "How'd I get chosen in the 1st round" Carpenter

and to lesser extents
Kenny Bell
Anthony Steen
Quiton Dial
Ed Stinson
Kevin "Fuck the HoneyBadger" Norwood
Tana Patrick

And at least 10 others who probably aren't on the team anymore!

McCarron looks like Walt Jr there.

Limedust

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against mre when university affiliation is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha..

Nobody else said it, so... rec for TPB quote.

Top Bottom