• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

andycapps

I totally skipped past the Princess Bride post.

OBC looks like he can't wait to get away from Pollack. Still salty about losing to Georgia every year he played.

XzlnneUl.jpg

im not sure how to feel about this....

in other news one of our best defensive players, Lorenzo Mauldin was riding a moped from campus to practice and a driver pulled a hit and run, luckily his injuries were very minor

Don't worry, it lasted until the game was over... so like the 2nd quarter.

I recently gave my dog a cardinal chew toy. It was funny.

Garryk

I totally skipped past the Princess Bride post.

OBC looks like he can't wait to get away from Pollack. Still salty about losing to Georgia every year he played.

http://i.imgur.com/XzlnneUl.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Too many shirts on in this picture.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Dropping bombs? As in, literally dropping WiiU's out of airplanes?

Upon opening up the "other" side, it appears Nintendo has found a way to sell door stops for $129.
I can get behind removing the 3D aspect of it, but getting rid of the clamshell is just stupid. I guess they figured that the clamshell design wasn't important because of tablets?

andycapps

Too many shirts on in this picture.

Just wait until the after football practice pictures. It's Meier's fantasy come true.

mre said:
LMAO @ the "I hope you dance" quote.

And I see he has a quote from Saban right below that.

That is awesome. It was hard for me to get past the awkward smile that Spurrier has. That "it is what it is quote" was used probably every day by my old VP. I think it's a generational thing. I've caught myself saying it a few times though when I'm presenting bad news to someone.

mre

Just wait until the after football practice pictures. It's Meier's fantasy come true.

That is awesome. It was hard for me to get past the awkward smile that Spurrier has. That "it is what it is quote" was used probably every day by my old VP. I think it's a generational thing. I've caught myself saying it a few times though when I'm presenting bad news to someone.
No shit. :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Why what happened? Don't make me go to Gaming twice in one day.

There's a WiiU Zelda bundle coming. $299, comes with the game (right?) and the gamepad (Ipad) has some zelda scribing/writing on it. Little icons. Nice looking, if you're a Zelda Fan.

I had that same itch as Gondo. I am a sucker for Zelda games. But this is just an HD version of Wind Waker, and while I liked it, it wasn't the end all, be all of Zelda Games.

Oh, a digital copy of that book? I kind of wanted a hardcover of it, but I think it's out of copies.

mre

$50 price drop...Zelda Bundle comes with digital copy of Hyrule Hystoria book and Zelda Wind Waker HD, plus a Zelda branded/etched GamePad all for $300.
Hmmm.... interdasting.

Thanks.
There's a WiiU Zelda bundle coming. $299, comes with the game (right?) and the gamepad (Ipad) has some zelda scribing/writing on it. Little icons. Nice looking, if you're a Zelda Fan.

I had that same itch as Gondo. I am a sucker for Zelda games. But this is just an HD version of Wind Waker, and while I liked it, it wasn't the end all, be all of Zelda Games.
Is it a direct port (plus HD) or have they modified that horrific fetch-quest at the end that prevented me from ever beating it?

Lonestar

Hmmm.... interdasting.

Thanks.

Is it a direct port (plus HD) or have they modified that horrific fetch-quest at the end that prevented me from ever beating it?

unsure how much (or if) they've changed/added things. Just know it's "HD"

I assume they've added something to make the gamepad "useful"

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
NORTH Carolina is going down, bitches. And then all the rest of y'all. Prepare yourselves for the year of the Gamecock

ZOMG-CLOWNEY.gif

Arkos

Oh, hey. This is new. A SCAR fan coming out of the woodwork.

Went to every home game from '99-'05, including a 1-22 streak, so you can just shut the fuck up. :p

Edit: this is also my 1st season on GAF. Real Carolina fans don't come out of the woodwork. We've been selling out the stadium for losing teams since forever.

Arkos

Feisty. And after I said nice things about Cocky yesterday, too.

Haha hey I'm just here to game man :p thanks for the Cocky support. Also, if you think there's a USC bandwagon, just know that we regularly sold out the stadium while we were terrible. I know every fan base says it, but the true Carolina fans are a dedicated bunch. We have suffered.

impirius

College football related question: Does seeing the Clowney hit over and over (and over) get old to those of you who aren't South Carolina fans? I love it, but it's hard to see past my bias and the whole bullshit-call-turnover-touchdown-pass sequence that play represents.

Other thing: That WWHD bundle looks great.
They revamped the Triforce quest and made a few other changes (faster sailing, hard mode available from the outset, Miiverse stuff in place of Tingle Tuner).

edit:
ctkayedisto said:
Went to every home game from '99-'05, including a 1-22 streak, so you can just shut the fuck up. :p
Duuuuuude. Relax, man. It's CFB-GAF. We're cool.

Bowser

Haha hey I'm just here to game man :p thanks for the Cocky support. Also, if you think there's a USC bandwagon, just know that we regularly sold out the stadium while we were terrible. I know every fan base says it, but the true Carolina fans are a dedicated bunch. We have suffered.

Fqt8I.gif

Please stop perpetuating this myth that USC is referred to as Carolina.

Lonestar

fightfightfightfight

Too bad the North Carolina/South Carolina rivalry isn't as good as the USCe/Clemson and UNC/Duke rivalry is.

andycapps

This is the first time I've been tempted to pick up a Wii U. I might grab the Zelda bundle at some point this winter.

I won't buy a Nintendo home console again until if they ever change their whole gaming strategy. I don't care about the same games over and over with a fresh coat of paint, and I need more third party support. That said, I'll probably be getting that 2DS for my daughter for Christmas..

NORTH Carolina is going down, bitches. And then all the rest of y'all. Prepare yourselves for the year of the Gamecock

ZOMG-CLOWNEY.gif

Dis gon be gud.

True, though ESPN does still make you play on Thursdays. Not quite there yet I guess.

College football related question: Does seeing the Clowney hit over and over (and over) get old to those of you who aren't South Carolina fans? I love it, but it's hard to see past my bias and the whole bullshit-call-turnover-touchdown-pass sequence that play represents.

That one hit on the Michigan RB gets really old. He had a lot more plays than that last year, show those.

Fqt8I.gif

I don't know what you'd get them confused with. Southern Cal is just that.

Arkos

Seeing an excellent Gamecock football play every single day on ESPN for months on end never got old, not even a little :p

Arkos

Fqt8I.gif

Bahahaha says the guy with the Panthers avatar. See you Thursday buddy. And hey, at least you recognize the true USC :p

Edit: aww as much as I hate Tennessee they have really fucked up here recently. I loved Dooley Jr, wanted him to succeed

Bowser

Bahahaha says the guy with the Panthers avatar. See you Thursday buddy :)

Edit: aww as much as I hate Tennessee they have really fucked up here recently. I loved Dooley Jr, wanted him to succeed

They really should be called the Charlotte Panthers anyway :p

Arkos

They really should be called the Charlotte Panthers anyway :p

I honestly wish they were lol. I feel like they're cheating to get the South Carolinians' support, as well as short-changing Charlotte. (But since $cam ruined Carolina's dreams a few years back, I'll hate them either way until he's gone :p)

Never gets old, but I am also bias.

Does seeing the Clowney hit over and over (and over) get old to those of you who aren't South Carolina fans? I love it, but it's hard to see past my bias and the whole bullshit-call-turnover-touchdown-pass sequence that play represents.

I have no problems declaring it a monstrous, disgusting hit, and it deserves probably 65 or 75% of the pub it's gotten; but as a Michigan fan, all I'm ever reminded of is what a busted piece of shit offensive play it was. Lewan handled Clowney pretty well in that game, all told.

Talon

i77ZvIr6yOtiC.gif

If I ever meet you in person, I will slap you in the face for this affront to English.

Arkos

Even South Carolina grads refer to it as South Carolina.

c'mon, son.

Maybe the slack ass grads you hang out with

Maybe we should call it SCU.

UNC, UT, UGA, UT, UF, UK, UVA,

You know what all these schools have in common? They're the main public liberal arts universities of their states. Also, their name is of the form "University of (state)"

NCSU, CU, LSU, TCU, ASU, FSU,

You know what all these schools have in common? They're technical, land grant, sometimes private, and generally not the main public institution of their state. And their names are of the form "(so and so) University"

Which category does Southern Cal fall under

Arkos

Aren't they all?

Anyways, let's make fun of Clemson together.

:p yes, let's. I always liked the commentator who said that their team colors look like clown vomit

I have no problems declaring it a monstrous, disgusting hit, and it deserves probably 65 or 75% of the pub it's gotten; but as a Michigan fan, all I'm ever reminded of is what a busted piece of shit offensive play it was. Lewan handled Clowney pretty well in that game, all told.

Aww Neo a Michigan fan! You're totally right, we did have luck fall on our side. You guys failed to block at all on that play lol, and did at least keep him in check before that. But you guys did get a cheap call minutes before if I remember.

Well hey, we can both agree on this-- I hate OSU's guts :p

andycapps

Aww Neo a Michigan fan! You're totally right, we did have luck fall on our side. You guys failed to block at all on that play lol, and did at least keep him in check before that. But you guys did get a cheap call minutes before if I remember.

Well hey, we can both agree on this-- I hate OSU's guts :p

Yeah, completely busted play that most other DE's would make if they were unblocked, but I think most people just saw the helmet get knocked off and the scoop and score after and forget that it was because of a botched block. I think his plays where he comes off the edge and destroys a tackle with his speed and athleticism are way more impressive.

Top Bottom