• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

GAF Pick'em Week 11 Games

Kansas State @ Texas Tech by 7
Penn State @ Minnesota by 4
BYU @ Wisconsin by 9
Nebraska @ Michigan by 11
Virginia Tech @ Miami by 11
Houston @ UCF by 4
Texas @ West Virginia by 9
LSU @ Alabama by 9
Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh by 7
UCLA @ Arizona by 9

One of my Aggy acquaintances posted this gem on his Facebook wall:

Aggy said:
Bleacher Report says that Aggie boss Kevin Sumlin is the top target in the USC coaching search. Let's open this round by doubling his $3.1 million salary. Don't mess around. USC is a step DOWN from an SEC power. Let's ACT like it.

And then he kept going:

Aggy said:
I could have written that for you word for word, [name removed]. You have never let the fact that you are obviously wrong stand in the way of an argument. But I don't have time for one today. Texas A&M is not WV. A&M has made a commitment to winning far into the future. The conferences "as good as the SEC" is a list with no names on it. In two years, the Ags will play in the premiere stadium in all college football... USC plays in a dump. There are two elite jobs in the PAC, half a dozen in the SEC. And Texas A&M is one of them. Unless the powers that be go cheap all of a sudden, the Ags will keep Sumlin. If not, another coach will step and and Kevin will regret it for a long, long time.

Aggy said:
List of elite teams in the SEC - hmmm....Bama, Auburn, LSU and Florida have won NC's since the turn of the Century. Tennessee in 1999. Georgia as recently as 1980. A&M got one before I was born. Not counting us for now....but any serious observer knows Aggieland is a destination job. Really, I can't get much beyond Oregon and Stanford....and USC for generosity. They stink right now. The equal of the SEC....please.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
One of my Aggy acquaintances posted this gem on his Facebook wall:

Is Sumlin even a good coach? As someone who might see two Aggy games a year, they seem to be carried right now entirely by two offensive players. The defense is obviously terrible. I know little about the Aggies though, so correct me if I am wrong.

Is Sumlin even a good coach? As someone who might see two Aggy games a year, they seem to be carried right now entirely by two offensive players. The defense is obviously terrible. I know little about the Aggies though, so correct me if I am wrong.

He's in that position where it's too early to tell because his recruits are still developing.

I think he probably is, but I honestly don't even care. I just want him to bolt to see the Aggy meltdowns.

cashman

Banned
Sumlin is successful at A&M mainly using Sherman's players. He was also successful at Houston using Art Briles' players. He's killing it in recruiting but it's way too hard to tell how good he actually is.

Draxal

Texas Tech by 7
Penn State by 4
Wisconsin by 10
Nebraska by 10
Miami by 7
UCF by 10
Texas by 14
Alabama by 7
Pittsburgh by 4
Arizona by 4

Which B1G coach leads the conference in FBS wins?

A:
Jerry fucking Kill with 148 or something

Seems like a pretty darn good coach. Rooting for that guy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
820697026.gif

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Really need to fix the red zone issues. As good as Amaro is he's not a huge touchdown maker; he catches the ball in traffic so much that he's not the home run threat that guys like Ward or Grant are. Seems like teams are now just letting him get all he yards he wants between the 20s, since he's hard to stop even when doubled anyway, then locking down the team in the red zone. In general terms I mean, he didn't have a huge presence on that first drive.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nice solid long drive for a TD. Go Noles.

I have to miss the rest of the game. Stupid birthday party. My wife says I have to go because it is hers. I still say she is being unreasonable.

Top Bottom