• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Shame that football has turned into a game where a Sugar Bowl Coach can lose his job less than a year later. But then again, a National Championship coach was fired 2 years later.

jjasper

Oh wow. He knew the play.

Edit: he got flagged for a spike. Such bullshit that is a rule. Dude was celebrating and not taunting anyone. Grow the fuck up NCAA.

squicken

Shame that football has turned into a game where a Sugar Bowl Coach can lose his job less than a year later. But then again, a National Championship coach was fired 2 years later.

The thing is I don't remember good teams bottoming out so fast until recently. Nebraska took years of slow decline to get rid of Solich. Same for most of the big programs. It's not until recently where a team goes from 10 wins to 4 wins wins in a couple of years

The thing is I don't remember good teams bottoming out so fast until recently. Nebraska took years of slow decline to get rid of Solich. Same for most of the big programs. It's not until recently where a team goes from 10 wins to 4 wins wins in a couple of years

The parity resulting from scholarship reduction and how everyone is on TV now opposed to the old days when it was just the big-time programs is finally here in full force. Northern Illinois is every bit as good as Illinois and Northwestern. Think about that. Even Bama under Saban lost a game to a directional Louisiana school. This side of maybe 5 or 8 teams, genuine parity is totally here and likely here to stay.

mcgruber

The parity resulting from scholarship reduction and how everyone is on TV now opposed to the old days when it was just the big-time programs is finally here in full force. Northern Illinois is every bit as good as Illinois and Northwestern. Think about that.

Northern Illinois is on par with historically awful programs currently having a bad year? Congrats?

I've never seen northern Illinois on tv outside of the fsu bowl game

Northern Illinois beat a one win Idaho team by 10. That Idaho team got shut out and lost by 40+ to Washington state. I'm not sure if you were trying to make a case for niu being ranked, but they really shouldn't be and nobody wants to watch them

Enron

Banned
God we suck so badly.

Call a fake punt against APPALACHIAN STATE (why do this) which gets stuffed, all of a sudden App State is still hanging around. Then 2 Pass interference calls plus another SHITTY SHITTY FUCKING TARGETING FOUL (worst rule ever) and an ejection.

All because of a needless fake punt.

I hate Mark Richt and Mike Bobo so much, words cannot express my hate.

LegoDad

Fun time at Jones ATT stadium.

DIFhaDh.jpg

squicken

Only game I had seen of Auburn was against A&M. Didn't look anything special in that game. I have thought TEN was decently competitive for a program in rebuild mode

Northern Illinois is on par with historically awful programs currently having a bad year? Congrats?

I've never seen northern Illinois on tv outside of the fsu bowl game

Northern Illinois beat a one win Idaho team by 10. That Idaho team got shut out and lost by 40+ to Washington state. I'm not sure if you were trying to make a case for niu being ranked, but they really shouldn't be and nobody wants to watch them

I was making a case for parity in college football when a directional school is outperforming two B1G schools in the same state. Like if Western Michigan morphed into a better program than Michigan State and Michigan. Not sure where your confusion is coming from. I could give a squirt of piss about any of the teams I mentioned. You seem like you have some kind of axe to grind. Enjoy your day.

mcgruber

I was making a case for parity in college football when a directional school is outperforming two B1G schools in the same state. Like if Western Michigan morphed into a better program than Michigan State and Michigan. Not sure where your confusion is coming from. I could give a squirt of piss about any of the teams I mentioned. You seem like you have some kind of axe to grind. Enjoy your day.

Why should the state matter? There's always going to be schools outperforming bottom feeders.

I have an axe to grind against schools who don't play decent opponents being ranked pretty high. Ex: miss state last year and northern Illinois now. There's no way in hell northern Illinois would challenge ucla or Michigan state, similarly ranked teams

Top Bottom