• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I had a feeling k state would pull the upset

Good running game and a Hall of Fame coach to call defensive plays against true freshman QBs. I thought an upset could happen pretty easily as well, but not quite to the degree it has been happening.

::edit::
Unlike the last few seasons, though, I feel like we can still possibly come back to win this game.

mcgruber

Good running game and a Hall of Fame coach to call defensive plays against true freshman QBs. I thought an upset could happen pretty easily as well, but not quite to the degree it has been happening.

::edit::
Unlike the last few seasons, though, I feel like we can still possibly come back to win this game.

Yeah the point spread is surprising, could mayfield get thrown in?

Enron

Banned
The officials in the georgia game are absolutely horrible. Two obvious missed calls upheld on replay? are you kidding?

JHall

Well, at least basketball season started. The Gators are going to continue their run of making it to the Elite Eight then losing!

cashman

Banned
The thing is I don't remember good teams bottoming out so fast until recently. Nebraska took years of slow decline to get rid of Solich. Same for most of the big programs. It's not until recently where a team goes from 10 wins to 4 wins wins in a couple of years

Well UF was pretty lucky to get to 11 wins last year.

Phenomic

The last time we lost to Vanderbilt at home was 1945. Muschamp breaking a lot of records.

I think they said during half time on the FSU/Wake game that the last time UF lost to Vandy was like 22 years ago... that's pretty crazy.

I can't even imagine being apart of the team that is about to lose a give or take 70 year streak for home wins against a team in your conference. That can't feel good on that Florida Sideline major injuries or not.

Yes, for a few weeks now. Not a coincidence that our run D started its decline around that time. Around the same time we started losing our safeties as well.

Poor guy. He was one of just a handful of guys from my highschool that have ever gotten to play D1 football. Was hoping he would finish with a strong senior year.

Well, Gophers are 8-2.

Aaaaand they just broke the trophy lol

edit: First time Minny has won four straight conference games in 40 years.

Tamanon

Banned
The only thing that's making this Florida game even better is having to listen to my girl tell me all of the plans she's coming up with for us to do with her family over New Years, and all the money we'll be spending that we don't have. For like 2 hours straight...I think I'm going insane.

No one is happier for Muschamps awfulness than Texas.

He was going to be their next head coach, now they get to see his head coaching failure.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The only thing that's making this Florida game even better is having to listen to my girl tell me all of the plans she's coming up with for us to do with her family over New Years, and all the money we'll be spending that we don't have. For like 2 hours straight...I think I'm going insane.

Just think about Person Of Interest coming on in 3 days.

jjasper

I didn't think there would be any way Muschamp got fired this year. Now I can't wait to watch the bidding war between USC and UF and maybe Tejas if they start losing again.

I didn't think there would be any way Muschamp got fired this year. Now I can't wait to watch the bidding war between USC and UF and maybe Tejas if they start losing again.

Everyone wants Jon Gruden, even though he really has no interest in coaching again. I feel like he'll be a perennial dream candidate until he dies.

Everyone wants Jon Gruden, even though he really has no interest in coaching again. I feel like he'll be a perennial dream candidate until he dies.

Personally if my team was looking for a coach I wouldn't want them going after Gruden. He's been away from coaching for far too long. Plus he says some incredibly dumb stuff on MNF.

Draconian

Is this gametracker on Vandy/Florida for real? Murphy gets sacked for a 26 yard loss on 4th down plus an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Florida? lol

jjasper

Pretty much. At this point he is pretty much destined to take a job in the NFL (or college which I think is highly unlikely) and fail though cause of the completely unrealistic expectations people have for him when he returns.

Top Bottom