• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Dee and Mac are married in real life? Huh. That's pretty cool. I love that show.

On topic...um...Go Gators! PEACE.

Yeah. Going into the show, Charlie is married to The Waitress, and over the first couple of seasons, Dee and Mac hooked up and got hitch (think she even had a kid. Think they wrote that into the show in one of the latter seasons)

tokkun

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 5
Cincinnati @ Houston by 8
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 5
Texas A&M @ LSU by 5
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 14
BYU @ Notre Dame by 8
Nebraska @ Penn State by 5
Arizona State @ UCLA by 5
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 8
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 5
Boise State @ San Diego State by 5
Washington @ Oregon State by 5

MrJames

GAF Pick'em Week 13 Games

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 8
Cincinnati @ Houston by 7
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 4
Texas A&M @ LSU by 6
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 8
BYU @ Notre Dame by 7
Nebraska @ Penn State by 10
Arizona State @ UCLA by 7
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 11
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 7
Boise State @ San Diego State by 4
Washington @ Oregon State by 7

They converted Texas Tech's football stadium into an open natatorium yesterday. This will surely help their teams prep for Texas next week

Story.jpg

Responding to earlier claims by Winston's attorney that he had consensual sex with the woman, Patricia Carroll, the family's attorney, said in the statement: "To be clear, the victim did not consent. This was a rape."

The 'consent defense' is too little too late and is clearly reactive damage control by (Jameis Winston's attorney) after learning the DNA matched his client.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10021069/jameis-winston-accuser-lawyer-was-rape

I mean, how does this not go to trial?

Evidence that it was consensual pretty much. At least that's what I would think.

Not to get too graphic but apparently the biggest determinant in a "rape kit" is the check for vaginal abrasion. If there is abrasion, the sex is generally not consensual. Are those the results they are waiting for? We already know the DNA is a match and Winston has admitted to having sex with her.

Mr. Patch

Not to get too graphic but apparently the biggest determinant in a "rape kit" is the check for vaginal abrasion. If there is abrasion, the sex is generally not consensual. Are those the results they are waiting for? We already know the DNA is a match and Winston has admitted to having sex with her.

I'm assuming they are considering the witness affidavits, as well as the DNA test that one of the witnesses took among other things.

This whole thing is gonna end ugly for everybody. Especially with all the media posturing.

Lonestar

I'm assuming they are considering the witness affidavits, as well as the DNA test that one of the witnesses took among other things.

This whole thing is gonna end ugly for everybody. Especially with all the media posturing.

Someone had to push the TPD to look at the case, cause it certainly didn't care enough to move beyond "ok, we'll hold onto this evidence until the end of days"

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I think that may be a pic from a few years ago, but a front did blow through Lubbock a few days ago. Not sure how much rain it dumped there. Maybe the drainage problem has been fixed?

Definitely a picture from a few years ago. Tons of construction that has taken place on that side of the stadium and a ton of construction outside the stadium on that side. Huge parking garage with a bar on top that would be visible from that angle for a few years now. Lot of new seats over there that go up higher than that building that the video screen is on top of, not to mention the new video screen that dwarfs that one.

Would find a pic but I'm on my phone and don't care for the hassle right now.

Don't know specifically if they've fixed the drainage in the stadium but drainage all over the city is pretty terrible, though. Rains so infrequently it's rarely a problem, though.

Subitai

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 4
Cincinnati @ Houston by 4
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 10
Texas A&M @ LSU by 7
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 10
BYU @ Notre Dame by 4
Nebraska @ Penn State by 4
Arizona State @ UCLA by 6
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 4
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 21
Boise State @ San Diego State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 10

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 6
Cincinnati @ Houston by 6
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 10
Texas A&M @ LSU by 4
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 10
BYU @ Notre Dame by 4
Arizona State @ UCLA by 4
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 6
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 10
Boise State @ San Diego State by 8
Washington @ Oregon State by 6

KingGondo

Banned
Kansas State by 14
Cincinnati by 4
Mississippi State by 7
LSU by 4
Wisconsin by 7
BYU by 4
Nebraska by 4
Arizona State by 7
Missouri by 4
Oklahoma State by 10
Boise State by 4
Washington by 4

Feeling fairly confident that our defense, home field advantage, and the weather can slow Baylor down enough for us to get the win.

We'll need to play our best game all year to win, but I think we're hitting our stride. Should be a fun one.

Meier

A plea bargain is extremely likely. Unless you mean to question whether he'll be indicted, which seems more and more probable by the day.
I think every legal expert has said the exact opposite. There are a lot of rumors out there right now which may or may not be true, but the general consensus is that it's going to be very hard to go forward regardless of Carroll's grandstanding.

I think every legal expert has said the exact opposite. There are a lot of rumors out there right now which may or may not be true, but the general consensus is that it's going to be very hard to go forward regardless of Carroll's grandstanding.

Of course Carroll is grandstanding. Winston's attorney is publicly declaring the sex was consensual, so Carroll, siding with her clients side of the story, is publicly saying no the sex was not consensual. That doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary for a high profile case.

pxleyes

Banned
Cincinnati @ Houston by 14
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 14
Texas A&M @ LSU by 10
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 6
BYU @ Notre Dame by 4
Nebraska @ Penn State by 6
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 4
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 6

Lonestar

yeah, earlier, they missed him being tackled in bounds, then at the end, the refs were slow in stopping the clock for measurement, then stopped it by just giving them the 1st down. Then they had the longest clock pause after a 1st down I've ever seen. It stayed at 3 seconds for 5-6 seconds, while SJS didn't have a clue what play to run.

:lol @ Navy's QB just carving that defense

Lonestar

SJS picked in the endzone, after a ballsy go for 4th down pickup

And Navy wins with a single option pitch for a TD

Oklahoma by 4
Houston by 8
Arkansas by 5
LSU by 6
Wisconsin by 14
BYU by 9
Penn State by 6
UCLA by 4
Missouri by 14
Baylor by 15
San Diego State by 5
Oregon State by 4

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Rise and grind cfb GAF. 40 and drizzling in oxford. Saw a lot of blandly inoffensive Midwesterners on the square last night in their Missouri sweatshirts. Much better than lsu fans!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oklahoma @ Kansas State by X
Cincinnati @ Houston by X
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by X
Texas A&M @ LSU by X
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by X
BYU @ Notre Dame by X
Nebraska @ Penn State by X
Arizona State @ UCLA by X
Missouri @ Ole Miss by X
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by X
Boise State @ San Diego State by X
Washington @ Oregon State by X

X = 7

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Cincinnati @ Houston by 8
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 12
Texas A&M @ LSU by 4
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 16
BYU @ Notre Dame by 9
Nebraska @ Penn State by 6
Arizona State @ UCLA by 9
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 13
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 12
Boise State @ San Diego State by 9
Washington @ Oregon State by 7

KingGondo

Banned
Gilbert and Stewart will both play tonight. If Stewart is fully healthy that's a massive asset for us. Best WR we have and he's a great punt returner too.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 7
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 4
Texas A&M @ LSU by 4
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 20
BYU @ Notre Dame by 4
Arizona State @ UCLA by 4
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 4
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 4
Boise State @ San Diego State by 10
Washington @ Oregon State by 4

Bishman

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 7
Cincinnati @ Houston by 10
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 10
Texas A&M @ LSU by 10
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 15
BYU @ Notre Dame by 3
Nebraska @ Penn State by 1
Arizona State @ UCLA by 3
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 7
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 7
Boise State @ San Diego State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 3

Jhriad

Can anyone update me on whether or not Keith Price is going to be playing today for Washington? Getting my picks sorted and that might be the decider in how I think Washington will fare.

Jhriad

Cincinnati @ Houston by 6
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 6
Texas A&M @ LSU by 7
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 11
BYU @ Notre Dame by 4
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 7
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 10
Boise State @ San Diego State by 9

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
On the road to Pullman. I always forget how nice this side of the state is this time of year. Go Cougs!

MrJames

Holy shit, the Florida/Georgia Southern game is actually a PPV game (in state only) in standard definition and they are trying to charge $40 for it. :JNC

Lower level tickets can probably be had for less. Many will be watching in the first row.

Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 9
Texas A&M @ LSU by 4
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 11
BYU @ Notre Dame by 7
Nebraska @ Penn State by 7
Arizona State @ UCLA by 9
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 7
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 11