• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

What can I say, the team gave up.

I mean I despise rooting against my team, but we're down 14 already and shown no shot at stopping your offence so far.

I'm just praying Flood gets fired tomorrow.
We have a good track record of firing coaches if it makes you feel any better.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Being bad sucks, but watching a team that puts no effort into a game is horrible.

Like the stories of Tennessee players not even lifting weights. Or how Rutgers plays.

Draxal

The Usual Suspects on the Rivals board seem adamant that Flood will be gone by tomorrow afternoon no matter what.

How I hope that's true.

I actually sent an e-mail to the AD, I'm ashamed of myself for doing so, but it had to be done as we are that bad now.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I was turrble last week. But Duke beat Miami and I didn't give a fuck.

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 7
Cincinnati @ Houston by 10
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 3
Texas A&M @ LSU by 7
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 10
BYU @ Notre Dame by 7
Nebraska @ Penn State by 3
Arizona State @ UCLA by 7
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 10
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 7
Boise State @ San Diego State by 10
Washington @ Oregon State by 7

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I was turrble last week. But Duke beat Miami and I didn't give a fuck.

Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 3
Texas A&M @ LSU by 7
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 10
BYU @ Notre Dame by 7
Nebraska @ Penn State by 3
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 10
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 7
Boise State @ San Diego State by 10
Washington @ Oregon State by 7

I have this horrible feeling that you guys will drop the game against Wake. I don't want to feel this way, but I do. At least Campanaro is still out.

impirius

I'm still here! I'm a little more active in the Madden threads because it's a year long thread and so my old senile ass doesn't have to worry about remembering to subscribe to a new thread every week. Also, the move to community still messes with my head.

I will also like to clarify on the behalf of USCe, Impirius is the only guy I remember from the pre-spurrier years. Once they started becoming relevant is when all the other guys showed up.

Oh how I long for the days when both Clemson and South Carolina were awful and Impirus and I would argue back and forth over which team wanted to lose more. Good times, those were.
Those teams were... aggressively mediocre. The 2005 game felt like a football interpretation of the heat death of the universe.

Next week might actually be a top-ten matchup. Huh.

You gonna be there?

Those teams were... aggressively mediocre. The 2005 game felt like a football interpretation of the heat death of the universe.

Next week might actually be a top-ten matchup. Huh.

You gonna be there?

Nah, I learned my lesson 4 years ago. We got curbstomped and then on the way back to my car I got heckled by a 6 year old hanging out in one of the cabooses. Never going back!

GAF Pick'em Week 13 Games

Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 4
Texas A&M @ LSU by 4
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 21
BYU @ Notre Dame by 10
Nebraska @ Penn State by 17
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 13
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 4
Boise State @ San Diego State by 4
Washington @ Oregon State by 9

Enfinit

UCF is really, really fun to watch. I'm so happy for the Knights in this thread and my buds down in Orlando. Hope you guys go to the Sugar Bowl and knock someone's teeth in, you guys deserve it.

Imagine, in the next few seasons, we could see Miami, FSU, UF, and UCF all top 25 football schools. Incredible!

desh

I have this horrible feeling that you guys will drop the game against Wake. I don't want to feel this way, but I do. At least Campanaro is still out.
I want them to drop their game against UNC, so we can see five way tie in the coasral division.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Well it won't be because Duke overlooked them. I don't think you can overlook a team thats beat you 12 out of the last 13 times you played them.

This UNLV @ Air force game has been interesting. They are playing in 15 degree weather ( feels like -1 degree ) in colorado springs. The field looks iced over. I get a cold rush just watching it even though temps are in the mid 70's right now where I live

Meier

Leading Heisman contender is a pretty good label as well. When was the last time FSU had a Heisman winner? If he wasn't Famous Jameis, the team would have already suspended him a week ago I reckon
He's still expected to start on Saturday for better or for worse (prefer to have Maguire go from the start) but I don't think that's true. Jimbo isn't going to suspend any starter without it being required.

Everyone on FSU's end apparently is pretty calm about it. Jameis was at the girl's soccer game tonight (FSU won 3-1).

andycapps

UCF is really, really fun to watch. I'm so happy for the Knights in this thread and my buds down in Orlando. Hope you guys go to the Sugar Bowl and knock someone's teeth in, you guys deserve it.

Imagine, in the next few seasons, we could see Miami, FSU, UF, and UCF all top 25 football schools. Incredible!

I can't relate to rooting for the other in-state schools to succeed. This is strange to me.

Same for me, and same for conferences. Can't root for either of them, I wish they all suffer.

I can't root for you guys or FSU. But I'm ok with USF and UCF. For now anyway. I used to think of them as something like a little brother. But UCF is technically the #2 team in the state. So I probably need to pull it back.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10011543/oregon-ducks-unhappy-prospect-rose-bowl-trip
Oregon may be headed to a fifth straight BCS bowl game, but it's not the game the Ducks had in mind when the season started.

And two high-profile players weren't shy this week about expressing their disappointment.

"I don't want to play in a Rose Bowl unless I'm playing for a national championship," wide receiver Josh Huff told reporters Monday.

Josh Huff on a potential return to Pasadena: "I don't want to play in a Rose Bowl unless I'm playing for a national championship."

Oregon is back in control of the Pac-12 North Division following USC's victory last week over Stanford. If the No. 5 Ducks win out, they will represent the North in the Pac-12 title game with a berth in the Rose Bowl at stake -- a scenario that seems ho-hum to running back De'Anthony Thomas.

"It's not a big deal at all," Thomas told reporters. "We already won a Rose Bowl, so it feels like, 'Whatever.'"
Sounds like Huff still hasn't stopped crying since the Stanford game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I can't relate to rooting for the other in-state schools to succeed. This is strange to me.

Same for me, and same for conferences. Can't root for either of them, I wish they all suffer.

Shit, at least you bastards have gotten those other in-state teams moved to another conference.

And about Oregon and it's disinterest in going back to the Rose Bowl, I quasi understand. I hope that with the playoff, Alabama won't have to play in the Fiesta Bowl next season. Fuck that non-epic bowl nonsense. I'm glad Alabama didn't have to suffer going in 2010! Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton 4 LIFE.

Also, I'm just going to post this right here as well: http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ould-avoid-suspension-if-charged-with-felony/

FSU policy is to suspend any player charged with a felony, as was the case with wide receiver Greg Dent this summer. But the Sentinel reported language in FSU athletics’ code of conduct that allows for a player to avoid automatic suspension if “extraordinary circumstances” are present.

Jesus titty-fucking Christ this is a prime example of yellow journalism right here. The writer of this article simply looked at the University's policy, noticed that there is a provision in there to not suspend players under "extraordinary circumstances" and then just fucking assumed that Winston would obviously be granted an exemption. He clearly did no research, and is publishing pure speculation in an attempt to drum up views. It's fucking disgusting.

I've seen this same policy quoted in various reports for days now, and not one of those reports jumps to the wild conclusion that this one does. Fuck this guy. If Winston is charged, I sure fucking hope they suspend him. Nobody should be given special treatment because they are a vital player to the team. Being super good at football is not an "extraordinary circumstance".

Garryk

BielemaBaby.gif

I love this.

Top Bottom