• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

Enfinit

Jesus titty-fucking Christ this is a prime example of yellow journalism right here. The writer of this article simply looked at the University's policy, noticed that there is a provision in there to not suspend players under "extraordinary circumstances" and then just fucking assumed that Winston would obviously be granted an exemption. He clearly did no research, and is publishing pure speculation in an attempt to drum up views. It's fucking disgusting.

I've seen this same policy quoted in various reports for days now, and not one of those reports jumps to the wild conclusion that this one does. Fuck this guy. If Winston is charged, I sure fucking hope they suspend him. Nobody should be given special treatment because they are a vital player to the team. Being super good at football is not an "extraordinary circumstance".

PREACH.

I can't root for you guys or FSU. But I'm ok with USF and UCF. For now anyway. I used to think of them as something like a little brother. But UCF is technically the #2 team in the state. So I probably need to pull it back.
Well this season I guess. Program wise UCF is still at least 4th out of the public schools and 5th when including Miami.

At least for now.

Shit, at least you bastards have gotten those other in-state teams moved to another conference.

And about Oregon and it's disinterest in going back to the Rose Bowl, I quasi understand. I hope that with the playoff, Alabama won't have to play in the Fiesta Bowl next season. Fuck that non-epic bowl nonsense. I'm glad Alabama didn't have to suffer going in 2010! Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton 4 LIFE.

Hey, we offered to move to the SEC East. But nooooo, Missouri got it instead.

andycapps

Shit, at least you bastards have gotten those other in-state teams moved to another conference.

And about Oregon and it's disinterest in going back to the Rose Bowl, I quasi understand. I hope that with the playoff, Alabama won't have to play in the Fiesta Bowl next season. Fuck that non-epic bowl nonsense. I'm glad Alabama didn't have to suffer going in 2010! Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton 4 LIFE.

True, that's one of the things that Georgia is better than Bama at. :p

Meier said:
I'm from Orlando so I have a special affinity for UCF. Really like seeing them succeed.

Fair enough, I was talking to Enfinit who seems to be happy that all the in-state schools are having great seasons.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
True, that's one of the things that Georgia is better than Bama at. :p

Fair enough, I was talking to Enfinit who seems to be happy that all the in-state schools are having great seasons.

Though, actually, I think it was Alabama that pissed off GT enough that they took their ball and ran. Bear taking all the players before scholarship limits existed, or something.

Enfinit

It's weird, I actually want my in-state rivals to succeed. I'm as proud as any Nole fan, but I want the Gatas to be the best they can be whenever they're not playing them. When USF and (especially now) UCF are in the mix as ranked teams, it's just interesting to watch. Remember five or six seasons ago when USF was #2?! Fluke or not, it was entertaining as hell to see the rise and crumble of the Bulls.

Except Miami. Miami can go 0-12 every year and I'd be happy.

andycapps

Though, actually, I think it was Alabama that pissed off GT enough that they took their ball and ran. Bear taking all the players before scholarship limits existed, or something.

It probably depends on who you talk to. It definitely seems that whining is not a new thing at Georgia Tech when you can't win. But it all goes back to Bama and oversigning!

Another issue of concern for Dodd was Alabama's and other SEC schools' over-recruitment of players.[18] Universities would recruit more players than they had roster space for. During the summer practice sessions, the teams in question would cut the players well after signing day thus preventing the cut players from finding new colleges to play for. Dodd appealed the SEC administration to punish the "tryout camps" of his fellow SEC members but the SEC did not. Finally, Dodd withdrew Georgia Tech from the SEC in 1963.[18] Tech would remain an independent like Notre Dame and Penn State (at the time) during the final four years of Dodd's coaching tenure.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting pretty excited for tomorrow! It's supposed to be a sunny 35 degrees at kick off. Can't wait to get to Pullman!

Man, Huff acts like such a baby, :jnc

The Oregon coaches would earn my respect if they left his stupid ass in Eugene instead of taking him to their bowl game. I mean, he straight-up said he doesn't want to play in it, so why not give somebody else a chance, somebody that will play hard and actually give a shit?

Same with De'Anthony "The 40-pt Promise" Thomas. If it's not a big deal to him, sit his stupid ass and let the other kids "experience it" like he said.

Jay Sosa

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 10
Cincinnati @ Houston by 5
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 13
Texas A&M @ LSU by 6
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 15
BYU @ Notre Dame by 1
Nebraska @ Penn State by 20
Arizona State @ UCLA by 23
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 12
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 999
Boise State @ San Diego State by 2
Washington @ Oregon State by 5

meh

squicken

Is there any sort of consensus amongst Bama fans as far as who they least want to play in the BCS title game, or do they figure they will beat anyone?

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 17
Cincinnati @ Houston by 7
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 10
Texas A&M @ LSU by 6
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 20
BYU @ Notre Dame by 6
Nebraska @ Penn State by 13
Arizona State @ UCLA by 4
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 4
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 6
Boise State @ San Diego State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 10

Draxal

Isn't Rutgers as a university in some sort of weird public private deal? Where the school is kind of private but the state controls it which causes some friction in operations?

It was originally private but became public due to the GI act (funny story is that Yale was orinally supposed to be the same for Connecticut).

The problems Rutgers is facing right now though are due to parochiality and money grubbing from the state and pure alumni apathy (I think we're just fed up with this right now).

It was originally private but became public due to the GI act (funny story is that Yale was orinally supposed to be the same for Connecticut).

The problems Rutgers is facing right now though are due to parochiality and money grubbing from the state and pure alumni apathy (I think we're just fed up with this right now).

The super rich alumni have no connection to RU it's a shame.

Bernie Marcus and David Stern come to mind.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any sort of consensus amongst Bama fans as far as who they least want to play in the BCS title game, or do they figure they will beat anyone?

FSU would probably be the most challenging, just because they have the best combination of overall offense and defense along with good special teams. Assuming Winston plays, of course. Off the top of my head I think they match up well size-wise against Bama's lines too. I don't think they have the size issues Oregon demonstrated against Stanford.

Hard to say between Baylor and Ohio State because I haven't watched OSU at all this season and there are still questions regarding Baylor, but they should be answered in the Okie State and Texas games. If Baylor wins both of those (and especially if they win both dominating fashion, but I expect both of those to be close) Bama-Baylor could be really interesting.

Balphon

Hah, fucking Nike U.

They've won one Rose Bowl since 1918 and they're so spoiled that they don't care anymore. Disgusting.

I'd be looking for things to criticize too if I were stuck with ol' Seven Win Steve.

Honestly, though, that shit is pretty indefensible. I feel like I've been dealt a losing hand here.

cdyhybrid

I'd be looking for things to criticize too if I were stuck with ol' Seven Win Steve.

Honestly, though, that shit is pretty indefensible. I feel like I've been dealt a losing hand here.

My wrath is boundless unless we win out this season!

cdyhybrid

Bgg9DqT.png

:jnc

Kevtones

At least DAT said:

It will be a good experience for the guys that haven't been on this team," he said. "It's a great opportunity for them to experience it and, you know, go out there and have fun.

And Huff said:

I just wish we would have handled things differently when we played those guys. ... I don't mind playing in the Rose Bowl, playing for the fans and my teammates. But deep down I don't wanna be a prep game for the national championship game.

If we would have handled our business like we were supposed to, we wouldn't have had to rely on USC to get back in the Pac-12 championship game. We wouldn't have to be in the situation we are now.

lol, they're just voicing disappointment in themselves but they shouldn't have said it

Also - any of GAF going to Pasadena conceivably???

Jamesways

High of 17 tomorrow here in Mpls for the Gopher/Badger game. Going to be cold. Getting the cold weather gear (and booze) prepped. Kinda wish I didn't get a ticket now.

Being in a local bar joining in the friendly trash talk is just as fun on cold days IMO.

Oklahoma @ Kansas State by 7
Cincinnati @ Houston by 4
Mississippi State @ Arkansas by 10
Texas A&M @ LSU by 10
Wisconsin @ Minnesota by 7
BYU @ Notre Dame by 4
Nebraska @ Penn State by 4
Arizona State @ UCLA by 10
Missouri @ Ole Miss by 10
Baylor @ Oklahoma State by 10
Boise State @ San Diego State by 7
Washington @ Oregon State by 7