• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

I'm going to stick it out in this thread. I consider what's happening right now a weird homecoming to a foster home I only lived in for a couple of months.

The other boys just don't want to share their snacks with the guy who left.

:p

Welcome back. I don't care if you ever left or not. Honestly, I've spent less time in these threads this year than in years passed despite FSU's success. If anything, I tend to post more when FSU is playing badly, since I need a place to vent my frustration. When FSU is rolling, I don't need to do anything but watch football. Gloating is fun, but I don't feel the need to do it often, just occasionally.

Welcome back. I don't care if you ever left or not. Honestly, I've spent less time in these threads this year than in years passed despite FSU's success. If anything, I tend to post more when FSU is playing badly, since I need a place to vent my frustration. When FSU is rolling, I don't need to do anything but watch football. Gloating is fun, but I don't feel the need to do it often, just occasionally.

I'm not much of a gloater either. Thanks for the kind words.

I feel like CFB-GAF is far more welcoming to newcomers and lurkers who dip in and out from time to time (like myself). NBA and NFLGAF are far, far, worse to "lifelongs" (which is a stupid concept, but whatever).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
he coined alot of quality stuff (hate the thought that he's probably reading this...) My favorite of Karakand's Camus images is from him (from a statement he made while banned :lol)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x75/lonestar1979/karsh2.jpg[IMG]

Just because it's been awhile, here are 2 others I remember:
[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/karakand/the-famous-pose-of-albert-camus1-1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qUhz2II.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6yqKJg8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

There is zero chance that the last one was dammitmatt and not Pristine. Subject matter aside, the amount of text alone gives it a 99% chance of being Pristine.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There is zero chance that the last one was dammitmatt and not Pristine. Subject matter aside, the amount of text alone gives it a 99% chance of being Pristine.

That's why I added, "Just because it's been awhile, here are 2 others I remember:" The 1st one was DM, the other 2 came from someone else (Pristine sounds right for the last one)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

I think Lonestar was just throwing up the other two Camus images he had, not stating that all three of them were from Matt.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That's why I added, "Just because it's been awhile, here are 2 others I remember:" The 1st one was DM, the other 2 came from someone else (Pristine sounds right for the last one)

I think Lonestar was just throwing up the other two Camus images he had, not stating that all three of them were from Matt.

I think I just read the initial post wrong as I skimmed the thread. I thought the point was that Karakand made the series solely from dammitmatt's posts, not that he made them for whoever. I don't really remember them when they happened.

mre

I think I just read the initial post wrong as I skimmed the thread. I thought the point was that Karakand made the series solely from dammitmatt's posts, not that he made them for whoever. I don't really remember them when they happened.
It was during Karakand's absurdist phase.

Meier

FSU fans/alums have been pretty consistent in here over the years. Probably could have filled a few meltdown posts on Roll Bama Roll with my rants during the Jeffrey years.

Dear random FSU fans: if you have a theory about Jameis that because he's a great QB probably what really happened is that he had consensual sex and then later the girl changed her mind or possibly she's just an attention whore, please think hard before posting. Thanks.

Meier: sorry, yesterday I misread your earlier post as saying what that idiot a page or so ago was saying.

Auburn fan coincidentally showing up now that theyr'e 50-1 or whatever: :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc :jnc

I will note that I have never wavered in my LSU fandom, despite all the tough times.

I think this is the first time I've seen you stroll into this thread wielding a ban hammer. You're scaring me a little Cyan

andycapps

Now I think Free Shoes U probably has more "thugs" than most other schools not named Miami, but I think that this same type of article could be written about a lot of football programs. We all know that the football players at every school are given more leeway than other students, how much leeway is up to the schools. That said, there was some shady stuff in that article.

Meier

Now I think Free Shoes U probably has more "thugs" than most other schools not named Miami, but I think that this same type of article could be written about a lot of football programs. We all know that the football players at every school are given more leeway than other students, how much leeway is up to the schools. That said, there was some shady stuff in that article.

The homophobic player/gay-bashing bit was particularly gross, but yes, the stuff in this article is almost assuredly happening everywhere (sadly). He writes for Gawker so obviously it's about getting clicks. This will definitely be the biggest article he's ever written in terms of that, so kudos to him. Seems like he really treads the line on privacy issues though.

I somehow never had a football player in any of my classes. :(

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The homophobic player/gay-bashing bit was particularly gross, but yes, the stuff in this article is almost assuredly happening everywhere (sadly). He writes for Gawker so obviously it's about getting clicks. This will definitely be the biggest article he's ever written in terms of that, so kudos to him. Seems like he really treads the line on privacy issues though.

I somehow never had a football player in any of my classes. :(

My wife had classes with Leon Washington.

But that was a gross article and makes me feel even worse about football. This entire situation makes me want to just stop watching the rest of the season, at least FSU games. Especially if Jameis isn't charged yet and continues to play.

I think if Maguire had started from the beginning we would have had a chance at being in the same position we are now, but losing the major leader of the team is going to lead to the entire skill of the team dropping and I think we drop Florida or the ACCCG as a result.

Florida sucks this year but this is a way bigger impact on the team than if Winston just got injured. Morale is going to be low.

The guy who wrote this Gawker article has a screw loose. I don't know anybody who is ginning up "conspiracy theories that might explain these obviously baseless allegations against Jameis Winston". Everybody I know here is basically taking a "let's wait and see" approach with the whole thing. Of course none of us WANT it to be true (because duh, it means a girl got sexually assaulted). Does he think we should just all jump to conclusions and assume Jameis assaulted this girl? Just as claiming Winston must be innocent is unfair to the victim, claiming that he is guilty is unfair to him. At this point, claiming anything about anyone involved is unfair, with the possible exception of claiming that TPD obviously fucked up.

As for the stuff about what happened between the players and teachers, I'm sure it's all true or near-true, but I'm also sure that there is probably some bias in there. Of course an English TA is going to believe the stories the other English TAs tell him. Of course he's going to take their side. That's just how humans work. We form tribes and families and we protect our own. I bet if you asked the football players, they'd have a different side of the story that was also full of half-truths.

And then there is this bullshit he wrote

I don't know what they do over there across campus, in a gleaming behemoth of a new training facility, bankrolled by the booster club that's now developing a series of strip malls and condos and drinkeries for alumni on the once-artsy industrial flatlands outside the football stadium. ("Collegetown," they're calling it.)

This is a clear indication of his anti-athletics bias. The area of town he is referring to was literally a wasteland for the entire past decade I have been living in Tallahassee. It is adjacent to the arts district (Railroad Square), which is still thriving. In fact, the Boosters' "CollegeTown" development will do nothing but bring more exposure to the arts district.

The redevelopment was sparked by the City of Tallahassee, not the Boosters. Once it had enough steam behind it, the Boosters realized it would be wise to invest and make a profit. Heaven forbid they do that! Of the dozen or so developments in this area, the Boosters are in charge of exactly one of them. Though they have just begin plans for a "phase 2" of their successful first development.

One of the companion developments is a low-cost living/studio space, partially funded by the city, for artists to use.

Another development, the very first one to go up, houses a very nice art supply store that would not exist if not for the redevelopment of this land.

The lone bar (really the lone anything) that existed in this area before the Boosters and the City started redeveloping is called The Warehouse. It is a favorite hangout of many of the grad students in the English dept thanks to it's weekly poetry readings. I know this because I went there often with one of my friends who was a grad student in that department. The Warehouse is still fucking there and doing just fine. In fact it looks better than ever.

The author is complaining about nothing, and is butthurt because the "normies" and "jocks" are turning his floundering "hipster" neighborhood into a thriving part of town that people actually want to visit now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/21/jameis-winston-photo-victim-not-me-rape/

The accuser in the Jameis Winston rape case had NO relationship with the FSU football star before the night of the incident ... she didn't even know him .... sources connected to the alleged victim tell TMZ Sports.

Furthermore ... this photo (above) which is circulating -- showing Winston in an embrace with a blonde woman at a Tallahassee nightclub -- is NOT the accuser.

The lawyer for the alleged victim tells TMZ Sports ... both she and her client have viewed the pic and the woman "is definitely not her."

Winston is now contending that he did have sex with the accuser but it was consensual. The revelation came after DNA testing linked Winston with the woman.

We reached out to Jameis' lawyer for comment -- but he wouldn't return our calls.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/21/jameis-winston-photo-victim-not-me-rape/#ixzz2lJmKvejt

cdyhybrid

Pac-12 costs UW 7 points in the UCLA game with clear phantom penalty.

Sarkisian tells press that Pac-12 apologized for blowing the call.

Pac-12 fines Sarkisian for revealing that they apologized for blowing the call.

Fuck you, Larry Scott. Maybe if you fixed your fucking refs, people wouldn't have to talk about it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Nothing like a big night game in late November in cold weather. Getting bundled up makes it much easier to smuggle hooch into the game so the crowd in Oxford will be wild. Can't wait.

mre

Nothing like a big night game in late November in cold weather. Getting bundled up makes it much easier to smuggle hooch into the game so the crowd in Oxford will be wild. Can't wait.

You have been making something like 1 post each week, usually right before you leave to go to the Ole Miss game. So confident was I in your pattern that I actually checked to see if there was an Ole Miss game tonight.

Bastard.

mre

Summary of the state attorney's PC earlier today (stolen from TD):

-Still investigating

-Doesn't know who leaked the DNA report

-Meggs has no knowledge of how the TPD got the report

-Meggs says he didn't leak the report and he knows it wasn't Georgia - I guess his secretary?

-Surprised that the reporters have a copy of the report

-Won't comment on if Winston claims the sex was consensual

-Plan to have a meeting tomorrow with his investigators on what their next steps are

-Meggs has not interviewed the victim - doesn't specify when

-If it is "he said, she said", and arrest can be made with probable cause, but he has a standard of "reasonable likelihood of conviction" as basis for an arrest

-Meggs won't confirm the DNA reports

-Football does not play in to Meggs decision in any way - "It's not my job. That's not what we do."

-Talks again about how he doesn't know how ESPN got the DNA report.

-Meggs confirms they have issued subpoenas in this case

-Meggs says Winston attorney is "doing all the talking, so ask him" - in reference to if Winston voluntarily gave a DNA sample

-Meggs will not comment on evidence, only procedure

-Will follow all rules of evidence, says he has obligations to multiple people and the defense only has obligation to the defendant

-Infers that the DNA puts Winston at the scene but doesn't prove he committed a crime

-Says they are doing everything they can think of to find the truth because every move they make will be scrutinized

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
You have been making something like 1 post each week, usually right before you leave to go to the Ole Miss game. So confident was I in your pattern that I actually checked to see if there was an Ole Miss game tonight.

Bastard.

We got that primetime ESPN slot on sat bro. I was actually checking the weather bc I have to pack tonight. Upper 30s at kickoff.

But next week the egg bowl is on thanksgiving night like it was when I was in school in the late 90s. Cant wait for that either. The last two weeks of.November are the best two weeks of the year.

mre

Karakand

You could go on any SEC forum and read a variation of the original 3 image macros in the SECamus meme, but the travel one is basically verbatim DM and the CCG one is a position pxleyes often batted about. (I also believe the "Kentucky is an upcoming [sic] program" one was pxleyes.)

e: The last one in Lonestar's post is PC, yes, it was made long after the initial SECamus OP I made. I dust him off from time to time.

I lost it at "Fight On!"

bestlittlewhorehouse.gif

mre

You could go on any SEC forum and read a variation of the original 3 image macros in the SECamus meme, but the travel one is basically verbatim DM and the CCG one is almost verbatim pxleyes. (I also believe the "Kentucky is an upcoming [sic] program" one was pxleyes.)

e: The last one in Lonestar's post is PC, yes, it was made long after the initial SECamus OP I made. I dust him off from time to time.

Oh god, I forgot the Kentucky one. :jnc

Top Bottom