• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like every Iron Bowl I actually watch, Auburn wins. Last time was when Cam Newton was playing.

Glad I decided to watch this one, it ended in the best possible way.

Pollux

Beat Arkansas a few years back.

Oh it doesn't count because Pryor got some tats?

So then why does Bama's title in 09' count when they were literally paying DJ Fluker to play?

Yup. I love the fact people hate Ohio State so much that none of the criticisms have a semblance of rational thought. What makes you think we can't hang with the SEC? Games that happened 6 years ago with completely different coaching staff and different caliber of recruits?

You know what the best part is? We won't even have to play the SEC, because the conference just isn't good enough to get a team in the natty this year. Third best conference at best.
You have to be trolling :jnc

Phenomic

You can have your NFL, ill take days like today every day.

So much this. I literally just said the exact same thing to all my friends who tell me how dumb I am for watching College football and not pro football.

You don't get stuff like this in Pro. What a wild way to jump into a playoff scenario. I couldn't ask for a better year in football if I tried. Speechless.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
And who is that supposed to be?

OSU?

:jnc

Huh? He said Auburn - OSU. I'd rather see Auburn - FSU, because I doubt it would even be close.

And I think they would have beaten Bama too (and I've said all season I didn't think Bama was winning the MNC this year). Assuming Winston plays, of course. If not I'd rather just see both teams lose and have a Bama-Auburn rematch just to troll everyone in the BCS last year.

Auburn lost to LSU.

LSU...a team that struggled early in the year against a TCU team with a losing record, and then struggled yesterday vs. an Arkansas team with a losing record.

Thank god Auburn has no chance of jumping us because that would be a travesty.

Don't forget the REAL burning BCS question...

Will Marshall jump Rice and host the CUSA championship game? ESPN will be talking about this for days to come.

Piano

Banned
Auburn lost to LSU.

LSU...a team that struggled early in the year against a TCU team with a losing record, and then struggled yesterday vs. an Arkansas team with a losing record.

Thank god Auburn has no chance of jumping us because that would be a travesty.

Not arguing for Auburn jumping y'all but...

tOSU gave up 41 points to Michigan.

Michigan.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you guys were supposed to be the best, how can anyone else be good enough
admitting FSU>Bama I see :p

I'm always pretty negative and have said since the beginning of the season I didn't expect a MNC this year (I actually expected 2-3 losses). So this season has surpassed my expectations.

But yeah, FSU would beat Bama. I'm pretty sure I've said that before. Bama is too inconsistent.

Kacar

Auburn wont jump us. Basically every BCS expert has said so. Also Auburns win against Georgia isn't that "impressive".

So if OSU loses next week, scar wins tonight, Mizzou loses, scar beats auburn, Bama's back in it right? Right guys?

Auburn probably won't pass Alabama even if they win the SEC.

Possibly Alabama could still be ahead of OSU right now, making this loss meaningless, but I think the most likely situation is Alabama is 3 right now and needs OSU or FSU to lose.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Theoretically Alabama could still be ahead of OSU right now, making this loss meaningless, but I think the most likely situation is Alabama is 3 right now and needs OSU or FSU to lose.

Lol.

Piano

Banned

Possibly Alabama could still be ahead of OSU right now, making this loss meaningless, but I think the most likely situation is Alabama is 3 right now and needs OSU or FSU to lose.

What.

Not arguing for Auburn jumping y'all but...

tOSU gave up 41 points to Michigan.

Michigan.

We won our rivalry game and we haven't lost a regular season game in two years.

Auburn lost to a mediocre LSU team a few weeks ago.

There is no contest. There is "hmm maybe if we twist these numbers...." The SEC and Auburn is **** out of luck unless FSU or tOSU stumbles.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Theoretically Alabama could still be ahead of OSU right now, making this loss meaningless, but I think the most likely situation is Alabama is 3 right now and needs OSU or FSU to lose.

Wut. Bama will be 4 at best. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop further. Auburn probably won't pass OSU either, especially not this week. If they beat Missouri, maybe (but I'd still doubt it). If they have to play and beat South Carolina I'd guess there's no chance.

StoopKid

There is no contest. There is "hmm maybe if we twist these numbers...." The SEC and Auburn is **** out of luck unless FSU or tOSU stumbles.

That mediocre lsu team is better than every big ten team.

Piano

Banned

You think LSU is a worse team than Michigan?
41 points.
To Michigan.
Michigan.

I think NIU should jump the pack.

Again, neither has Northern Illinois.
My man.
Let's get an FSU / NIU rematch title game.

I can only imagine how much sadder I would be right now if that 2 point conversion was good.....

That's how college football usually goes. I remember when WVU only had to beat a much inferior Pitt team, and the rivalry week ended up with their asses beat in humiliating defeat.

I feel horrible rooting for Texas A&M and their 105th ranked defense but if they beat
Mizzou that more than destroys any argument for Auburn.

Idk man voters love the SEC.

Yep . What a bunch of idiots. I mean, what has the SEC done recently to prove that they can hold their own in a BCS championship game over the last 15 years? Shit, two years ago, an SEC team was in the title game and actually LOST.

Fraud conference.

The comment "LSU is better than every B1G team" is far more of a troll comment\ than anything else being said in this thread.

They are thoroughly mediocre this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom