• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

USC game about to start!

Also,

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 2m
That was just AJ McCarron's 3rd loss EVER as Alabama QB, and his worst ever by margin of defeat. Lost to LSU 9-6 in 2011, A&M 29-24 in 2012.

No king rules forever.

I feel horrible rooting for Texas A&M and their 105th ranked defense but if they beat
Mizzou that more than destroys any argument for Auburn.

What? Auburn just beat Alabama, if anything their argument got stronger

Also, you keep talking as if the MSU game's a given. The Fightin' Geoff Johns' are gonna be a big, big challenge for OSU.

StoopKid

Do you forget so quickly that LSU lost to Penn State in a bowl game a few years ago?

This delusion that mid tier SEC teams can hang with anyone needs to stop.

lol lsu was terrible that year and barely lost.

Ohio state plays nobody's and barely beats nobody's they don't deserve to go the nat'l championship.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
We won our rivalry game and we haven't lost a regular season game in two years.

Auburn lost to a mediocre LSU team a few weeks ago.

There is no contest. There is "hmm maybe if we twist these numbers...." The SEC and Auburn is **** out of luck unless FSU or tOSU stumbles.

We can use dirty words here jr, no need for the stars. As in, "The Ohio State Fuckeyes suck fucking shit and they'll just embarrass themselves against whomever they play if they even get past MSU because they play in a fucking joke of a conference."

Also, you keep talking as if the MSU game's a given. The Fightin' Geoff Johns' are gonna be a big, big challenge for OSU.

Missouri is a tougher opponent then SC (at least on paper), giving Auburn a better chance at jumping OSU should the situation arise
was that really that hard

If Mizzou wins, then Auburn could beat back to back top 5 teams. They still shouldn't go to the title game over an undefeated ohio state team due to the fact they lost to mediocre LSU but voters are incredibly stupid. They might move the goal posts so that the loss doesn't mean as much.

I am also not underestimating Michigan State. They are more of a threat to us than Florida State to be honest. They have the best defense in the country.

Everyone who hates the SEC SEC SEC chants and this delusion of grandeur the conference and their fans have manifested lately should be rooting for Ohio State and Florida State to finish business next weekend and leave them out of the title talk. No better way to diminish their superiority complex by not even allowing their best team to show up in the title game.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So are we looking at Ohio State vs Florida State national championship?

It makes all the sense on paper, but man if Winston's out then it's kind of a lame game.

If Mizzou wins, then Auburn could beat back to back top 5 teams. They still shouldn't go to the title game over an undefeated ohio state team due to the fact they lost to mediocre LSU but voters are incredibly stupid. They might move the goal posts so that the loss doesn't mean as much.

I am also not underestimating Michigan State. They are more of a threat to us than Florida State to be honest. They have the best defense in the country.

Everyone who hates the SEC SEC SEC chants and this delusion of grandeur the conference and their fans have manifested lately should be rooting for Ohio State and Florida State to finish business next weekend and leave them out of the title talk. No better way to diminish their superiority complex by not even allowing their best team to show up in the title game.

What? How about actually beating them in a BCS title game? lol. Because, let's be real, if the SEC is shut out of the title game, everyone in America will still think that the winner would have been demolished by SEC competition, hypothetically.

I'd love to see Alabama vs. Auburn in a BCS bowl.

Oozer3993

Of course beating Michigan State is a given. Haven't you been watching the unstoppable juggernaut that is the 2013 The Ohio State Buckeyes? They downed the mighty, mighty Northwestern. They slew the giants from Wisconsin. And they humbled the mammoth Michigan Wolverines! Anyone who survives that terrifying gauntlet, which is way scarier then any stretch in the SEC, let me tell you, surely can easily dispatch the pitiful Spartans.

/Just In Time logic

So are we looking at Ohio State vs Florida State national championship?

It makes all the sense on paper, but man if Winston's out then it's kind of a lame game.

As long as that's accompanied by Fickell being fired out of a cannon into West Virginia the night before Ohio State leaves for California

Of course beating Michigan State is a given. Haven't you been watching the unstoppable juggernaut that is the 2013 The Ohio State Buckeyes? They downed the mighty, mighty Northwestern. They slew the giants from Wisconsin. And they humbled the mammoth Michigan Wolverines! Anyone who survives that terrifying gauntlet, which is way scarier then any stretch in the SEC, let me tell you, surely can easily dispatch the pitiful Spartans.

/Just In Time logic

I love how people ignore 8-4 Iowa and 7-5 Penn State like they aren't solid football teams. Ohio State's schedule is on par, if not better than Florida State's. Why are people ignoring it so blatantly?

Gorillaz

/Just In Time logic
I like this, I might get this put on a poster and put up on a wall in my apartment.

What? How about actually beating them in a BCS title game? lol. Because, let's be real, if the SEC is shut out of the title game, everyone in America will still think that the winner would have been demolished by SEC competition, hypothetically.

I don't think anyone's going to hype Auburn>FSU

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Dabo's like a big teddy bear that I just want to hug. After we beat the shit out of them :p

THANKS REF

No one outside of the south would think this.

Meier

Anyone who thinks that is an idiot. FSU is better than every other team in the country this year by a mile. No one has even sniffed as good a year. We'd beat Auburn by 14 at a minimum.

Even in a worst case scenario with Maguire starting, we will still be a 10+ pt favorite over any other team at this point IMO.

StoopKid

I love how people ignore 8-4 Iowa and 7-5 Penn State like they aren't solid football teams. Ohio State's schedule is on par, if not better than Florida State's. Why are people ignoring it so blatantly?

A win over clemson is more impressive than any win ohio state has.

Everyone with half a brain would think this

Anyone who thinks that is an idiot. FSU is better than every other team in the country this year by a mile. No one has even sniffed as good a year. We'd beat Auburn by 14 at a minimum.

Even in a worst case scenario with Maguire starting, we will still be a 10+ pt favorite over any other team at this point IMO.

the knives have just come out from the FSU fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom