• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun game to attend but I understand your disappointment.

I really don't care how many records Boyd has running up stats against C-tier ACC teams. He consistently lost the big games. :(

And yea, going to the Peach bowl is kind of getting a blow job from your sister. :(

Good Game SC. Totally outplayed us again.

ACC came up short today. Should have won GT-GA, didn't. Clemson fumbled their chance at this game away. At least FSU should be safe for the MNC. I just can't see Duke staying within 3 touchdowns. Or even 5.

I'm getting conflicting signals from bRuin fans. A bunch of them were saying they "can't wait for Hundley to go pro" and now they're saying they'll be sad when it happens/hope he doesn't. What's the deal?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
7rur55Y.gif

Five years, suck on that bitches!

Edit: there's some lucky kids in preschool that have never lived in a world where Clemson beat Carolina, :')

I still think Clemson is safe for Orange Bowl. I think they're contractually obligated to take an ACC team as replacement for FSU as long as they are BCS eligible, meaning in the top 14. I could be wrong on that, though.
I think once a team is lost to the MNC, the other BCS bowl can pick any at-large team. They're not required to stick with the conference contractual tie-ins.

I think once a team is lost to the MNC, the other BCS bowl can pick any at-large team. They're not required to stick with the conference contractual tie-ins.

I'm fairly confident that's not the case with the Orange Bowl and ACC, and presumably with other conferences and their bowls. This text below specifically talks about the 4 team playoff scenario, but I believe it holds true for this year, as well

In years when the ACC champion or another ACC team qualifies for the four-team national semifinals, then the next highest-ranked ACC team would play in the Orange Bowl.

Going forward, it's simply going to be an ACC team versus the highest rated available Big Ten, SEC, or Notre Dame opponent.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8633324/acc-orange-bowl-finalize-12-year-agreement

I'm fairly confident that's not the case with the Orange Bowl and ACC, and presumably with other conferences and their bowls. This text below specifically talks about the 4 team playoff scenario, but I believe it holds true for this year, as well

Going forward, it's simply going to be an ACC team versus the highest rated available Big Ten, SEC, or Notre Dame opponent.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8633324/acc-orange-bowl-finalize-12-year-agreement

These are the rules in effect through 2013:

2. Unless they qualify to play in the NCG, the champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to host selected games:

• Atlantic Coast Conference - Orange Bowl
• Big Ten Conference - Rose Bowl
• Big 12 Conference - Fiesta Bowl
• Pac-12 Conference - Rose Bowl
• Southeastern Conference - Sugar Bowl

3. If a bowl loses a host team to the NCG, then such bowl shall select a replacement team from among the automatic-qualifying teams and the at-large teams before any other selections are made. If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick. If the Rose Bowl loses both the Big Ten and Pac-12 champions to the NCG, it will receive two replacement picks.

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select:

A. A team in the NCG, or

B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;

Further, when two bowls lose host teams, the bowl losing the No. 1 team may not select a replacement team from the same conference as the No. 2 team, unless the bowl losing the No. 2 team consents.

I'll just go with this. I think Clemson in the Orange is safe.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ps-next-teams-line-every-bid-college-football

Obviously now Wisconsin has lost, so that side will change (CBS is projecting Alabama).

Discover Orange Bowl
Current prediction: Clemson Tigers vs. Wisconsin Badgers

Next up for Clemson's spot (ACC): Florida State, Virginia Tech, Duke, Miami, Georgia Tech

Next up for Wisconsin's at-large spot: Ohio State, Baylor

Even a loss to South Carolina wouldn't drop Clemson out of the top 14 of the final BCS standings, so the Tigers are positioned to replace Florida State as the ACC's Orange Bowl representative if the Seminoles are playing for all the marbles. FSU could conceivably end up here if the aforementioned Winston suspension scenario played out, or if the Noles lose at Florida. Although several teams are still in contention to represent the ACC Coastal division and face Florida State in the conference championship game, I'm putting Virginia Tech at the front of that list because I believe the Hokies to be the only team in the bunch with personnel remotely capable of challenging FSU -- even if the Seminoles are without Winston.

Some people believe that once-beaten Baylor now has the inside track for this spot, but I think attendance is too important to the Orange Bowl for Baylor to be a first option, especially if Clemson were to lose to South Carolina (and, presumably, make some Clemson fans less interested to follow the team to Miami). I think a large Big Ten fan base is the safer play, making a 10-2 Wisconsin team the favorite (assuming it climbs one more spot to reach the top 14), unless Ohio State were to lose the Big Ten title game.

I'm obviously biased, but Michigan's marching band gave one of the lamest halftime performances I've ever seen today. I hope to find a clip of it soon.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm obviously biased, but Michigan's marching band gave one of the lamest halftime performances I've ever seen today. I hope to find a clip of it soon.

No, you want lamest? Check out the WSU marching band someday. Holy god, it's bad.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Florida fans are way too harsh on Muschamp. I think he should be given at least four more years to turn things around.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Jeremy Foley should be fired too.

Lol not arguing, but it looks like you might be stuck with ol' Mussey for another year at least

Edit: God damn come on A&M, Manziel for Heisman etc just win this game! Get back in it yall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom