• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Holy crap at wasting a timeout to punt the ball away. Just awful.

A&M is just not a good team when Manziel isn't saving their asses. Really don't get the love for Sumlin.

squicken

Let 20 seconds run off, then use timeout, then punt? Really a sour end to a fun run. Manziel regressed/injured and not handling it well, and Sumlin baffling game management

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
God damnit cock blocked out of the SEC championship. Give em hell, Mizzou. Fingers crossed for something better than the Outback Bowl (although I'm always happy to beat up on the Big 10 if it comes down to that :p)

Sure they do, it's just that the path ends with a rematch with Auburn.

But that would never happen, right?

I'm thinking, at best, Alabama is 5. Might be 6. Let's go with 5.

They'll need FSU and OSU to lose in their CCGs. Then they can get a SEC CCG winner. If they're 6 (behind Oklahoma State), they're just out.

Whoever predicted preseason that the SECCG would be Auburn v. Mizzou wins 1,000,000 internets.

But seriously, if you put real money in vegas on it, you would be rich I'm sure. Would be interested in knowing what that payout would be.

Arkos

So much for Mizzou not being able to hang in the SEC.

Eh I give them all the credit but the East is admittedly weak, especially with Georgia injured, and Carolina having a stupid fuck up against Tennessee. But mad props, I'll be pulling for yall against Auburn.

hKCWeqv.png

South goes about as expected. Michigan is salty. What's up with Vermont?

Balphon

OK, they're 4. Auburn 3, Missouri 5. You think if Missouri beats Auburn, they don't jump Alabama? I think Bama is out unless, again, Ohio State and Florida State both lose.

They likely do, but all I said was that Bama is in if Ohio State and FSU both lose. It's not an unrealistic scenario. Duke winning presents some long odds, but it could happen, particularly if Winston is out.

They likely do, but all I said was that Bama is in if Ohio State and FSU both lose. It's not an unrealistic scenario. Duke winning presents some long odds, but it could happen, particularly if Winston is out.

I struggle to see how Duke stays within 3 touchdowns of Florida State, and I honestly think they'll lose by 40. But then, I didn't think they'd beat Virginia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, or even Wake Forest on the road.

TS-08

Eh I give them all the credit but the East is admittedly weak, especially with Georgia injured, and Carolina having a stupid fuck up against Tennessee. But mad props, I'll be pulling for yall against Auburn.

This isnt meant for you specifically, but no one added that caveat when people said we wouldn't compete. No one said "Mizzou will be in over their heads except in seasons when Georgia and Florida are down." People were pretty sure we wouldn't sniff an SEC championship in the near future, period.

Congrats baby bears. Pat Haden's choice just got a lot easier, at least. Work on your class and thuggery and we'll see you next year :)

Balphon

I struggle to see how Duke stays within 3 touchdowns of Florida State, and I honestly think they'll lose by 40. But then, I didn't think they'd beat Virginia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, or even Wake Forest on the road.

I think Duke will probably get blown up too, but bigger upsets have happened, and FSU still has Jameis Winston's legal troubles hanging over their head.

tOSU fans shouldn't beg too hard to get the MNC game invite. How badly do they want to be blown out in an MNC game for the 3rd consecutive try? Eventually thats what they'll be notorious for.

I think Duke will probably get blown up too, but bigger upsets have happened, and FSU still has Jameis Winston's legal troubles hanging over their head.

I think the state attorney pretty much confirmed there would be no movement on that this next week, so it shouldn't trip them up on the field. Off the field? Not sure when that decision would come, but BCS selections will presumably have already happened.

Arkos

This isnt meant for you specifically, but no one added that caveat when people said we wouldn't compete. No one said "Mizzou will be in over their heads except in seasons when Georgia and Florida are down." People were pretty sure we wouldn't sniff an SEC championship in the near future, period.

This is totally true. I didn't sleep on Mizzou coming in, I was expecting Mizzou to be stronger than A&M out of the gate even, didn't quite work out that way, but I don't really see why people scoffed at those two teams (past good-natured ribbing) because they were pretty solid members of the Big 12, not like we got ISU and Kansas or something. Also the Big 12 plays SEC-style football (or the SEC pays Big 12-style football) so it makes sense that the teams would translate well.

andycapps

Congrats, but Mizzou is benefiting from a down SEC East. At least they have a chance. Keep winning and more people will give them a chance and give them more credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom