• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just leave this here:

fUvNXmV.jpg

cdyhybrid

I want Nussmeier now, assuming he can keep Wilcox and the rest of the defensive staff together (or bring in Kirby Smart but I'm not holding my breath on that). We won't have to pay him as much as we would have had to pay Mora, so we can use that money to give our defensive staff raises to keep them around. Wilcox will have a HC job by the time Nuss is up for an extension.

Of course, we could just give Wilcox the job, and I'd be fine with that, but sounds like Nuss is in the driver's seat. That said, the Sark hire was out of left field, so who knows what Woodward will do?

3-0 as head coach. He was coach-in-waiting for a couple of years, too. Florida State's last bowl loss was in 2007 to the feared Kentucky Wildcats.

Yep, FSU is currently riding a 5 bowl game winning streak, the longest active bowl win streak in the nation. They also hold the all-time longest bowl winning streak at 11 straight wins from 1985 - 1995 (UF snapped it with their win in the 1996 Sugar Bowl which also won them a natty).

FSU is also sitting on the longest active bowl appearance streak at 31 (started in 1982), which is the 3rd longest all-time bowl appearance streak. If the streak continues, at the end of the 2017 post-season, FSU will move to #1 on the all-time bowl appearance streak with 36 straight appearances.

And for what it's worth, that 2007 Kentucky team only won by 7, and a lot of that had to do with a shit-load of FSU players being on suspension for the academic cheating scandal that occurred that year.

Yep, FSU is currently riding a 5 bowl game winning streak, the longest active bowl win streak in the nation. They also hold the all-time longest bowl winning streak at 11 straight wins from 1985 - 1995 (UF snapped it with their win in the 1996 Sugar Bowl which also won them a natty).

FSU is also sitting on the longest active bowl appearance streak at 31 (started in 1982), which is the 3rd longest all-time bowl appearance streak. If the streak continues, at the end of the 2017 post-season, FSU will move to #1 on the all-time bowl appearance streak with 36 straight appearances.

And for what it's worth, that 2007 Kentucky team only won by 7, and a lot of that had to do with a shit-load of FSU players being on suspension for the academic cheating scandal that occurred that year.

So what you're saying is that Duke is going to win on Saturday, right?

Access Gainesville, hah.

Yeah, he is pretty much the exact type of person to go to the Top.

To be fair, The Top is legit as fuck. Easily my favorite place to eat when visiting my parents in Gainesville. My girlfriend is vegetarian and it's one of her favorite restaurants ever. It's the perfect place for us since both the vegetarian and non-vegetarian options there are plentiful and delicious, and their bar is excellent too.

The state attorney only has a couple more days to charge Jameis. If that happens between now and Saturday, Duke has a real chance. If no decision is reached by Saturday FSU is off to the MNC!

He has more than a few days. The statute of limitations on on first degree felonies (which sexual battery is classified as in FL) is 3 years, not 1. Last I heard they are simply still working on the case, and it's taking longer than expected partially due to a very heavy workload including a capital murder case.

No kidding. Marketplace is the best food on campus. I wish they would have put one on North Campus while I was there because getting there was always a pain in the ass.

Union opened my senior year and was the new best place to eat. I used to like mirror lake cafe until they got rid of the subs and put terrible burgers

KingGondo

Banned
(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 7
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 17
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 14
UCF @ SMU by 7
Marshall @ Rice by 7
Texas @ Baylor by 10
Missouri vs. Auburn by 4
South Florida @ Rutgers by 4
Stanford @ Arizona State by 7
Duke vs. Florida State by 35
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 7
Utah State @ Fresno State by 18

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 17
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 17
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 7
UCF @ SMU by 20
Marshall @ Rice by 10
Texas @ Baylor by 7
Missouri vs. Auburn by 7
South Florida @ Rutgers by 4
Stanford @ Arizona State by 14
Duke vs. Florida State by 28
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 10
Utah State @ Fresno State by 7

They were 2 years ago, pad was a get rid of swipes staple.

I loved P.A.D. so much. I probably got it at least two or three times a week during my freshman year, even though the delivery times were insane. It was some damn good pizza.

God, now I want to swing by campus and go on a nostalgic food bender.

To be fair, The Top is legit as fuck. Easily my favorite place to eat when visiting my parents in Gainesville. My girlfriend is vegetarian and it's one of her favorite restaurants ever. It's the perfect place for us since both the vegetarian and non-vegetarian options there are plentiful and delicious, and their bar is excellent too.

The Top is legit but I've favored Jones B-Side for a while now. Good vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, plus half off local stuff after midnight. I can get a Swamphead for 2.50 almost every night while everyone goes crazy for 2 dollar PBR at the Top. Baffling.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:jnc so good. I wonder how many oatmeal cream pies he ate after the loss.

How many morning's has it been since? 4? He's ate 8. He's too much like a machine to indulge in emotional eating.

That, and I don't think he likes the large version of those things, think he gets the smaller version. He probably gave that box to someone in the AD.

Alabama picks up JUCO Jarren Reed, DT. Former Florida and Ole Miss commit.

Just a couple more commits will get him the rare "Committed to the SEC, Literally" achievement.

He has more than a few days. The statute of limitations on on first degree felonies (which sexual battery is classified as in FL) is 3 years, not 1. Last I heard they are simply still working on the case, and it's taking longer than expected partially due to a very heavy workload including a capital murder case.

I was responding to the comment that Duke has a chance against FSU. They only have a chance if Jameis is charged between now and Saturday and unable to play in the game. If he plays Duke doesn't stand a chance. Not talking about the statute of limitations. I'm well aware he could still be charged. But it won't matter for the team if not done by Saturday. They will win on Saturday and go to the MNC. Even without Jameis voters could not shun FSU

xeris

THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 4
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 11
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 4
UCF @ SMU by 4
Marshall @ Rice by 7
Texas @ Baylor by 4
Missouri vs. Auburn by 4
South Florida @ Rutgers by 7
Stanford @ Arizona State by 4
Duke vs. Florida State by 21
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 4 Homer pick but there's a chance.
Utah State @ Fresno State by 10

Branduil

Jim Mora's new extension puts him in the top 15 highest coaching salaries? Give me a break.

Thanks Washington.

Thanks Chianti, you really are a Randian caricature of a career bureaucrat.

On the plus side UCLA might be getting an actual practice facility out of this.

bachikarn

I thought that doesn't count anymore because you had to vacate the bowl appearance/win.

andycapps

How many morning's has it been since? 4? He's ate 8. He's too much like a machine to indulge in emotional eating.

That, and I don't think he likes the large version of those things, think he gets the smaller version. He probably gave that box to someone in the AD.

Alabama picks up JUCO Jarren Reed, DT. Former Florida and Ole Miss commit.

Just a couple more commits will get him the rare "Committed to the SEC, Literally" achievement.

The bigger oatmeal cream pies are so much more awesome, but I can understand that Les is a traditional guy and likes the original ones.

I was responding to the comment that Duke has a chance against FSU. They only have a chance if Jameis is charged between now and Saturday and unable to play in the game. If he plays Duke doesn't stand a chance. Not talking about the statute of limitations. I'm well aware he could still be charged. But it won't matter for the team if not done by Saturday. They will win on Saturday and go to the MNC. Even without Jameis voters could not shun FSU

Ah I see. Yeah Duke would stand a chance if FSU didn't have Winston, but honestly I think FSU would still win (by a lot less), just via the running game instead.

I thought that doesn't count anymore because you had to vacate the bowl appearance/win.

Only the wins were vacated, so the appearance streak stands. And the current win streak started after that, so it's valid too.

Aesius

Tennessee got a commitment today from Josh Malone, the #2 WR in the country.

Not sure if Butch Jones is going to be the difference maker in Ws and Ls, but worst case scenario is that he'll leave the cupboard stocked for the next guy.

andycapps

Tennessee got a commitment today from Josh Malone, the #2 WR in the country.

Not sure if Butch Jones is going to be the difference maker in Ws and Ls, but worst case scenario is that he'll leave the cupboard stocked for the next guy.

That's not the worst case scenario. Worst case scenario is that he leaves the cupboard stocked for the next guy and racks up recruiting violations that linger.

Aesius

That's not the worst case scenario. Worst case scenario is that he leaves the cupboard stocked for the next guy and racks up recruiting violations that linger.

That scenario sounds familiar. Kinda like something a guy who leaves in the middle of the night to take his "dream job" where he would be fired in 3 years would do.

Yeah. But it's also part of the Gainesville hipster scene. Or at least it was many years ago. I once went there in dress blues after an event and got snobbier stares than a someone listening to a Beck radio song.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Kansas State will be going to the Holiday Bowl, assuming they're still available to choose. The only way they wouldn't be available would be if the Big XII somehow gets two teams into the BCS, which IIRC is only even a possibility if Northern Illinois loses.

The way it looks like the bowls will fall right now Texas Tech would have a rematch against Minnesota in the Texas Bowl. Not particularly exciting but lord knows our QBs could benefit from the extra month of practice. Plus, there was some bad blood between the two teams last year that apparently spawned from some of the pre-bowl activities and carried onto the field, resulting in a lot of fights and scrapping and such, so I imagine if the rematch does happen it could get pretty salty.

andycapps

That scenario sounds familiar. Kinda like something a guy who leaves in the middle of the night to take his "dream job" where he would be fired in 3 years would do.

Yeah, I'm not saying that a Michigan grad like Butch Jones would bolt at the first offer, but yeah, he probably would. He hasn't coached there before like Miles, but I assume if his Alma Mater called when the Hoke experiment is up that he would answer.

Kevtones

So if Northern Illinois loses and OSU/Stanford win...

MNC: FSU vs. OSU
Rose: MSU vs. Stanford
Fiesta: OK State vs. UCF
Sugar: Auburn vs. Baylor
Orange: Alabama vs. Oregon (WE GOT BAMA)

Is this feasible?!

ag-my001

So if Northern Illinois loses and OSU/Stanford win...

MNC: FSU vs. OSU
Rose: MSU vs. Stanford
Fiesta: OK State vs. UCF
Sugar: Auburn vs. Baylor
Orange: Alabama vs. Oregon (WE GOT BAMA)

Is this feasible?!
Feasible, so long as Michigan state doesn't fall too far. They're at #10 currently, so who knows with the current opinion of the B1G.

Kevtones

Feasible, so long as Michigan state doesn't fall too far. They're at #10 currently, so who knows with the current opinion of the B1G.

I suppose the other question is Clemson. The Rose Bowl probably opts for MSU regardless just to get that P12/B1G matchup for the 100th Rose Bowl.

Would the Orange take you over Clempson?

Maybe? Oregon has more national cache and the idea of a Bama/Oregon matchup has always been wanted (not just by fans). It's true the Orange usually goes ACC but in the last year of the BCS who knows? Also, the fact that Oregon was still listed as a 'considered' target on Sunday means that it's probably the Orange that's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom