• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Apparently Jameis' press conference will be held at 7 PM in the Hotel Duval foyer. Imagine that will be broadcast via ESPN as well. Guess they'll rush him over to the airport after that.

desh

rCXHcZ0.jpg
To be fair, he was lobbying to jump other 1-loss teams, not undefeated OSU.

Phenomic

Apparently Jameis' press conference will be held at 7 PM in the Hotel Duval foyer. Imagine that will be broadcast via ESPN as well. Guess they'll rush him over to the airport after that.

I mean they basically know hes not getting charged then right? I mean I don't think they would plan their own stuff either without already have heard the verdict.

Meier

I mean they basically know hes not getting charged then right? I mean I don't think they would plan their own stuff either without already have heard the verdict.
Certainly seems that way. Probably wouldn't publicly release the plans for this otherwise. Jansen earlier said he had not received any info other than what had been reported by the media but he was expecting Meggs to inform him in advance tomorrow so he could get his client prepared either way. I think it will leak prior to the PC either way.

MrJames

With the Winston announcement tomorrow, Sportscenter should get interesting since ESPN whored themselves out to let Ron Burgundy host.

Kacar

Uh oh. ESPN cancelled the Ron Burgandy SC because of the press conference. Maybe they know what's up...
lol probably not

With the Winston announcement tomorrow, Sportscenter should get interesting since ESPN sold themselves out to let Ron Burgundy host.

Uh oh. ESPN cancelled the Ron Burgandy SC because of the press conference. Maybe they know what's up...
lol probably not

True story: I watched a North Dakota local news broadcast online from Saturday night because Ron Burgundy was co-anchor for the entire show.

And I have never seen Anchorman, and likely won't see it or the sequel anytime in next, I don't know, ever.

squicken

@awfulannouncing
These Nick Saban to Texas reports/rumors are now reaching the "holy #@$% this could actually be real" phase.

Colin Cowherd was hinting at some big story (not Winston) that will be coming tomorrow that will move the needle. We'll see

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Saban to Texas makes zero sense.

Saban from Miami to Bama made sense.

Is it even confirmed that Mack is stepping down?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What advantage does Tejas have over Bama that would cause Saban to move?

Literally the only two things I can think of is a marginally higher amount of money and a challenge in rebuilding another program. But Bama hasn't quite had the success that i would think would grow boring for someone like Saban. I mean, if they were undefeated over the past four seasons with four MNCs instead of three, i could maybe see leaving for one last challenge and a bigger payday. But as it is? It would require a love for Texas (that there is no evidence he has) or a huge falling out with the organization (which i can't imagine he would have).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
For someone that strives for a challenge, I think going to the Big XII would be a step down.

Does Saban seem like the kind of personality to go towards finding "the least path of resistance?"

squicken

For someone that strives for a challenge, I think going to the Big XII would be a step down.

Does Saban seem like the kind of personality to go towards finding "the least path of resistance?"

Maybe we have it all wrong and he is taking the Texa(n)s job?

cashman

Banned
What advantage does Tejas have over Bama that would cause Saban to move?

If it ever came down to money and both teams went all in, then Texas would ultimately come out on top if Saban wants megabucks. There's also this rumor that bama boosters got Saban in some bad real estate deals and the big money oil guys at Texas would probably be able to help Saban make more money.

There's like a .1% chance that Saban comes here though. UT has a much better shot at getting Malzahn from Auburn.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Saban would want the LHN out of his hair. He only has time to film 10 minutes for a "30 minute" Head Coach show.

Alabama would push the yearly salary past $10 mill, but I guess the upper limit won't go much higher than that.

jakncoke

Banned
Curious, whats the story behind the IVY, MVC seemingly or a bunch of teams that joined later all dropped down to div1-aa at once in 1981. 18 teams in total in 1981.

AntoneM

Curious, whats the story behind the IVY, MVC seemingly or a bunch of teams that joined later all dropped down to div1-aa at once in 1981. 18 teams in total in 1981.

MVC? The Missouri Valley Football Conference? That wasn't created until a couple 2-3 years ago.

Weird that it would be 1981, D1-AA (now FCS) was created in 1978.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Is it even confirmed that Mack is stepping down?
As much as I would hate to lose Saban as a coach, it would be worth it if Mack found out he was fired by watching Saban's introductory press conference.

GAF Pick'em Week 15 Games

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 13
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 21
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 7
UCF @ SMU by 14
Marshall @ Rice by 4
Texas @ Baylor by 17
Missouri vs. Auburn by 4
South Florida @ Rutgers by 7
Stanford @ Arizona State by 4
Duke vs. Florida State by 35
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 4
Utah State @ Fresno State by 14

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Pick'em Week 15 Games

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 4
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 7
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 10
UCF @ SMU by 10
Marshall @ Rice by 7
Texas @ Baylor by 15
Missouri vs. Auburn by 4
Stanford @ Arizona State by 4
Duke vs. Florida State by 28
Utah State @ Fresno State by 4

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Louisville @ Cincinnati by 6
Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 6
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 9
UCF @ SMU by 7
Marshall @ Rice by 10
Texas @ Baylor by 9
Missouri vs. Auburn by 4
Stanford @ Arizona State by 8
Duke vs. Florida State by 21
Utah State @ Fresno State by 6

Meier

Some detailed information from Tomahawk Nation who are of the opinion that they will not press charges. One other item of note, the press conference for this evening has been called off apparently. Jansen will address the media directly following Meggs' PC.. doesn't sound like Jameis will be there. Not sure if that is cause for concern or not. (Update: Conflicting reports if the 7 PM presser is off)

Based on sources and other information, including the original, unredacted police report, a copy of which Tomahawk Nation has obtained, I am confident that Jameis Winston will not be charged in the investigation of an alleged sexual battery from December 7, 2012.
The unredacted police report contains at least four different versions of events given to investigators. Two were given by the complainant herself. Two are told by the complainant's friends to the police, as they claim were told to them by the complainant. The complainant's memory of the night in question is incomplete, for a reason that is not clear.
The complainant maintains in both stories that she had five "vodka drinks." In one version, the complainant mentions taking shots, but that she was told about taking the shots, and does not remember taking them. However, the detective interviewing the complainant noted in the report that the complainant "appeared to be very tired, but not intoxicated." The complainant's family later claimed that the detective told the family that the complainant's blood work results showed that she was not intoxicated, a laboratory finding consistent with the detective's observation.
http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/12/5/5177808/jameis-winston-police-report-charges-announcement

For what it's worth, the site's publisher is a lawyer himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom