• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, Pual Finebaum is terrible. Why is he getting national recognition?

He is awful, was flipping channels today's and saw he was on so I stopped and watched for 45 min.

His phones were down so his show consisted of him saying our phones are down and replaying audio bites from other shows.

In sorry but if you rely on callers to run your show you're not a good radio guy.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If they're in the title game, Winston will not be arrested.

Based on what, assumptions about the general state of college football relationships with the justice system or actual knowledge about Willie Meggs?

Because Meggs doesn't give a fuck and will not let that drive his decision. If anything, he is more likely to err on the side of charging because Winston is a big name. Even if he wasn't under a microscope he would not hesitate to charge a starffootball player with a crime if he feels the evidence is there.

MrJames

McMurphyESPN 2h
Ed Orgeron "outraged" didn't receive USC job & resigns. OC Clay Helton expected to coach bowl, source told @ESPN

If Florida hires Helton as OC, he isn't showing up until after a bowl game. Another name being thrown around is Major Applewhite. Wasn't he being blamed for the shitty offense at Texas in recent years?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I can't believe Wake let Grobe walk. I hope we don't do that shit to Cut. 4-8 is as real to Duke as 10-2.

Karakand

Graham, Leach, Dick Rod, Mora are working out pretty well so far.

Graham fell under my "or will be gone sometime soon" exception.

I don't share your opinion on those other 3 retreads, though I wouldn't dispute that Leach and Mora are clearly upgrades over their predecessors.

USC made the biggest sacrifices to make the P12 happen, and apparently it wasn't just money they were sacrificing. Maybe "shitty coaches at USC" is in the contract somewhere too. Wouldn't put it past Larry Scott.

While it makes sense that the Pac-123219320 would do everything possible to make sure its most successful program wasn't, and of course stipulating that Larry Smith and John Robinson had periods of success, USC has only made 1 great coaching hire in the past 20-25 years (Pete Carroll), so I don't really know what to believe.

Also imo the Oregon and Washington schools gave up the most (a guaranteed game in the Southland every season).

#bruinrevolution #werunla #nestorisorgasming

:jnc

Jim Mora must win his bowl game and 10 games next year or he's on the hot seat. UCLA should compete for Rose Bowl appearances yearly. /Nestor

cdyhybrid

Graham fell under my "or will be gone sometime soon" exception.

I don't share your opinion on those other 3 retreads, though I wouldn't dispute that Leach and Mora are clearly upgrades over their predecessors.

Yeah, Graham is probably going to Texas. Dick Rod is coaching at a basketball school, so incremental improvement is probably good enough there, IMO.

Meier

I think FSU still wins handily without Winston anyways. The defense is the real star.
Even with Maguire, the only team I'd be afraid of is Bama. Saban getting that much time is always scary as is but the fact he would probably have a working knowledge of Pruitt's D wouldn't help (of course the inverse is also true).

FSU has at worst the second best D in the country, the best Kicker in the country, by far the best WR corps in the country and one of the best OL and RB groups. Pound for pound, our talent just surpasses every other team. There's enough there to win without Jameis. On the plus side, I don't think that'll be an issue as there is just no real proof of a crime.

I'm ok with Ohio State getting the nod for the BCS. I think ANY team that goes against FSU will get slaughtered, so it doesn't matter much.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Even with Maguire, the only team I'd be afraid of is Bama. Saban getting that much time is always scary as is but the fact he would probably have a working knowledge of Pruitt's D wouldn't help (of course the inverse is also true).

FSU has at worst the second best D in the country, the best Kicker in the country, by far the best WR corps in the country and one of the best OL and RB groups. Pound for pound, our talent just surpasses every other team. There's enough there to win without Jameis. On the plus side, I don't think that'll be an issue as there is just no real proof of a crime.

Hyde and Braxton will score lots of points on us. Our defense is great but not greatenough to shut down that duo. I think tOSU should be favorites if we don't have Winston, but I think we would win 2/5.

Petersen leaving would be pretty hilarious.

Big East/American conference has to feel good about not bending to Boise's demands. Their reign may be about over. Especially if they lose Petersen in a close enough recruiting area.

Branduil

Jim Mora must win his bowl game and 10 games next year or he's on the hot seat. UCLA should compete for Rose Bowl appearances yearly. /Nestor

Well, he's not wrong on that one, considering all we have to do for a chance at that each year is be better than Southern Cal and the non-Pacific Pacific conference teams.

Yeah, Graham is probably going to Texas. Dick Rod is coaching at a basketball school, so incremental improvement is probably good enough there, IMO.

You don't think ASU will use their new Pac 12 TV money to retain one of the most successful coaches in school history? A guy who is coaching at his dream job?

Well, he's not wrong on that one, considering all we have to do for a chance at that each year is be better than Southern Cal and the non-Pacific Pacific conference teams.

UCLA hasn't won a conference title in what, 15 years? Are we sure that contending for conference titles is a realistic goal? Maybe UCLA is the West Coast Nebraska.

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 1
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 24
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 3
UCF @ SMU by 1
Marshall @ Rice by 7
Texas @ Baylor by 7
Missouri vs. Auburn by 21
South Florida @ Rutgers by 2
Stanford @ Arizona State by 13
Duke vs. Florida State by 8
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 3
Utah State @ Fresno State by 26

cdyhybrid

You don't think ASU will use their new Pac 12 TV money to retain one of the most successful coaches in school history? A guy who is coaching at his dream job?

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not. They will try to use the TV money, but they can't compete with Texas. The guy calling it his dream job is laughable at best.

Karakand

Right now he's punching at "Mike Stoops 'good' season" weight. Maybe he can be more, but that's where he's at right now.

He is at least a clean break from Mike Stoops' mired era of mediocrity.

I would like UCLA to get to that point, and I don't think it's an impossible dream, but the program still needs further purging (and the whole athletic department, tbh) before that's even a realistic goal. Before Mora senior ditch day was an annual tradition for UCLA football. -_-

Kacar

Head cold, not weather cold.

Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde named Big 10 Running back and quarter back of the year.

It's a crime shazier didnt win LB of the year and Borland did. Joke.

Not even sure how look at the stats:

Borland: 102 total tackles, 64 solo, 8.5 tfl, 4 sacks, 1 FF

Shazier: 123 tackles, 85 solo, 22tfl, 7 sacks, 4 ff

Came here to post this, complete bull shit.

Oh well, he might get 25 tackles this week now.

Also updated my avatar for our stretch run.

UCLA hasn't won a conference title in what, 15 years? Are we sure that contending for conference titles is a realistic goal? Maybe UCLA is the West Coast Nebraska.
Let me tell you a little something about the Weasel Tood Graham. He said his last job was his dream job.

Branduil

Well yeah, it's probably not realistic as long as they have one of the worst Athletic Directors in the country, but there's no reason they have to always have an incompetent clown running their athletic department. It shouldn't be that hard to compete for a conference championship when you have as many inherent advantages as UCLA. It's like a trust fund baby going bankrupt... someone has to screw up really badly for that to happen.

cdyhybrid

Right now he's punching at "Mike Stoops 'good' season" weight. Maybe he can be more, but that's where he's at right now.

He is at least a clean break from Mike Stoops' mired era of mediocrity.

Yeah, DickRod is still in the honeymoon period. We'll see how it goes in the future but it's not a bad hire yet.

I know you're kind of a nub Bruin still, so lemme help out.

It's not FUSC, it's FUCK SC. FUSC smacks of the feigned propriety that Trogans like to wrap themselves in when they banter about "fucla" or whine about Caleb Benenoch when they were huge Rey Maualuga fans and that's just not how we roll.

Thanks for the help..lol
Fu©k USC!!!

Branduil

I would like UCLA to get to that point, and I don't think it's an impossible dream, but the program still needs further purging (and the whole athletic department, tbh) before that's even a realistic goal. Before Mora senior ditch day was an annual tradition for UCLA football. -_-

I think the only possible way for Mora to get Guerrero fired would be by hosting an illicit orgy with him or something.

He can fire Mazzone though. That dude sucks at designing an offense.

Limedust

USC has had bad hiring practices forever. Cut and Run Pete was nothing near their first choice hire and he was the result of a frantic less-than-3-week coaching search.

Interesting. I never paid attention to the hiring process when Pete came in after the NFL.

Interesting. I never paid attention to the hiring process when Pete came in after the NFL.

They tried to hire Mike Riley and Dennis Erickson back then.

Here's a USC site blog posts from the 2010 search:

http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2010/1/10/1243638/mike-riley-is-not-the-answer-for

Funny how many of the same names were bandied about back then, Gruden, Jack Del Rio, Petersen.

And there is this from 2000 when they hired Pete:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2000/12/15/usc_carroll_ap/

USC tried to get Erickson, Bellotti, and Riley. They wanted someone who was a proven winner at the collegiate level and instead ended up with an NFL washout. The entire search lasted from November 27th until December 14th.

Hell they even tried to get Sonny Lubick from Colorado State: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2000/12/12/lubick_usc_ap/

Pimpwerx

Hard to believe the season is over for the Gators...in November.... This is a new low. Yet, what is this bs I'm reading about us looking for a new OC? Shouldn't we be looking for a new everything? No way Muschump is back. No fucking way, right? Slapping a 3rd OC in 4 years in there is NOT going to fix the problem. Schematic Advantage and Peasey couldn't make this terrible offense worthwhile, so why would a third OC? What worthy OC would even take that job knowing Muschamp is on borrowed time? This is a fucking joke if true. PEACE.

Texas should look at Orgeron. Greg Robinson has done a decent job so far, and should be in consideration for the permanent D Coordinator position, but since he was an interim, other coaches should be taken into consideration with a full interview process.

Hard to believe the season is over for the Gators...in November.... This is a new low. Yet, what is this bs I'm reading about us looking for a new OC? Shouldn't we be looking for a new everything? No way Muschump is back. No fucking way, right? Slapping a 3rd OC in 4 years in there is NOT going to fix the problem. Schematic Advantage and Peasey couldn't make this terrible offense worthwhile, so why would a third OC? What worthy OC would even take that job knowing Muschamp is on borrowed time? This is a fucking joke if true. PEACE.

Kiffin could really make the Gata offense sing. Plus he's available!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Texas should look at Orgeron. Greg Robinson has done a decent job so far, and should be in consideration for the permanent D Coordinator position, but since he was an interim, other coaches should be taken into consideration with a full interview process.

This Orgeron hype is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom