• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
Mark Richt says Grantham is coming back next year.

I hate life

Edit: Looks like UGA lost ANOTHER recruit. 4-star DL decommits, likely going to Auburn now. This is the 5th recruit to decommit from UGA's 2014 class.

We are a freaking joke, and the program is careening downhill. Fuck Mark Richt in the fucking face. Sigh.

Could I interest any school with a head coaching vacancy in Paul Johnson? I don't really advocate anyone getting fired, but if he voluntarily left....

Anyone? Bueller?

I would just love for Georgia Tech to adopt a real offense. :/ I think their current offense is only going to take them but so far, it isn't going to help recruit the caliber of athlete to really compete with the big boys. Come on, Johnson, install something useful, don't be content to go 7-5 every year. It surprised people that first year or two, but it's not really doing that anymore. They've seen enough game film.

cashman

Banned
HO9xYAc.png

Now good luck getting rid of this guy Trogans!

cashman

Banned
Texas should look at Orgeron. Greg Robinson has done a decent job so far, and should be in consideration for the permanent D Coordinator position, but since he was an interim, other coaches should be taken into consideration with a full interview process.

ron paul stahp

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Could I interest any school with a head coaching vacancy in Paul Johnson? I don't really advocate anyone getting fired, but if he voluntarily left....

Anyone? Bueller?

I would just love for Georgia Tech to adopt a real offense. :/ I think their current offense is only going to take them but so far, it isn't going to help recruit the caliber of athlete to really compete with the big boys. Come on, Johnson, install something useful, don't be content to go 7-5 every year. It surprised people that first year or two, but it's not really doing that anymore. They've seen enough game film.

I hate Paul Johnson and his shitty gimmick offense. GT could do a lot better with the talent they should be able to recruit.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hate Paul Johnson and his shitty gimmick offense. GT could do a lot better with the talent they should be able to recruit.

How can it be a shitty gimmick when it takes talent completely out of the equation? How else do you think Georgia Southern won?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
How can it be a shitty gimmick when it takes talent completely out of the equation? How else do you think Georgia Southern won?

Uhh, it doesn't, thats why GT can't beat an elite team. Ga Southern won because UF is not a very good team this year.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Unless something got announced recently that I missed, I highly doubt this.

Mack steps down Major is heading to UF. Lol.

And Saban is confirmed to be heading to take Mack's place with Lane as his personal assistant.

Uhh, it doesn't, thats why GT can't beat an elite team. Ga Southern won because UF is not a very good team this year.

Muschamp is quoted as saying that the triple option takes all talent out of the equation, insinuating that this is the reason they got their ass handed to them by the run in that game. Twas a joke.

cdyhybrid

Scott Enyeart ‏@ScottEnyeart 41s
BOOM RT @footballscoop: UW: word working its way through coaches tonight is that Woodward is meeting with Jim Mora. Expect a yes or no soon

Ready the moneyhats, Woodward!

jesus what a blow it would be to the Bruins to lose the only decent coach they've had in a decade to a lesser program (and I mean that in the nicest way possible) in the same conference.

desh

Scott Enyeart ‏@ScottEnyeart 41s
BOOM RT @footballscoop: UW: word working its way through coaches tonight is that Woodward is meeting with Jim Mora. Expect a yes or no soon

Ready the moneyhats, Woodward!
Maybe this was USC's plan all along. Take Sark away from UDUB. UDUB takes Mora away from UCLA, and now UCLA gets Tedford?

Branduil

jesus what a blow it would be to the Bruins to lose the only decent coach they've had in a decade to a lesser program (and I mean that in the nicest way possible) in the same conference.

It would hardly be the worst thing. Anything that brings us closer to Guerrero being fired is at least partially good.

B1G said:
Additionally, the Conference reviewed video of the incident that took place during the second quarter of the game and has concluded that the officials managed the situation properly and ejected the correct players for their actions.

Jeremy Clark threw the first punch and got jack shit done to him.

Nicely done, B1G.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Those comments are sad, but I think sometime fans have that anger and frustration bottle up that they have that "SHITCOCK!" moment. I've been guilty of it too (like when Duke lost to Richmond AGAIN in 2011). When you throw all that venom out there, I think your average person can settle down, realize that what he/she posted maes them look like an asshole, own up and move on.
My dad didn't stay very salty about very long. I asked him if he was going to have to buy a new TV, he just chalked it up to a crazy and dramatic ending to a rivalry thats had many of these moments. I think he also believes this will reignite Saban's drive for another title next year. Its probably true.

Those comments are sad, but I think sometime fans have that anger and frustration bottle up that they have that "SHITCOCK!" moment. I've been guilty of it too (like when Duke lost to Richmond AGAIN in 2011). When you throw all that venom out there, I think your average person can settle down, realize that what he/she posted maes them look like an asshole, own up and move on.
My dad didn't stay very salty about very long. I asked him if he was going to have to buy a new TV, he just chalked it up to a crazy and dramatic ending to a rivalry thats had many of these moments. I think he also believes this will reignite Saban's drive for another title next year. Its probably true.

I'd say most people would agree that the level of vitriol coming from Bama fans is a bit absurd considering the embarrassment of riches they've enjoyed the past four years.

Limedust

I think he also believes this will reignite Saban's drive for another title next year. Its probably true.

I tend to agree. I think Smoldering Saban gets better results than Casually Annoyed Saban.

I had my parents in town on Saturday, and we (obviously) had the game on TV. My Dad and I just glanced at each other after the game and I said, "Whelp, we didn't do anything to deserve a win in this game, so..." to which he responded "Yep."

andycapps

Bama's OC has UW ties already. Mike Bobo has never known anywhere but Georgia.

Right, I'm just glad that nobody has called him up for a head coaching job yet. Used to hate him, but it's becoming impossible to ignore the stats that his offenses put up and the QB's he continues to develop.

Yeah, the B1G sure doesn't want to be the SECSECSEC.

Mark Richt says Grantham is coming back next year.

I hate life

Edit: Looks like UGA lost ANOTHER recruit. 4-star DL decommits, likely going to Auburn now. This is the 5th recruit to decommit from UGA's 2014 class.

We are a freaking joke, and the program is careening downhill. Fuck Mark Richt in the fucking face. Sigh.

UGA has also picked up several commits. Come down off that ledge, seriously. Grantham is coming back, which should have been expected by everyone given the youth on the defense. Richt has never been one to throw assistant coaches under the bus, so he's not going to start this year. He's going to keep his assistant coaches around, which helps with continuity and recruiting.

And about recruiting, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it for a couple months, or it will drive you crazy. 17 year olds tend to change their minds, sometimes multiple times. The kid that opened up his recruiting this week is looking at Auburn now. Shocker that a 17 year old was swayed by a team going to the championship game. He could still end up at UGA, he's just looking other places now too. Which never stops for any of these kids until they sign the LOI anyway. Thankfully we still have a 5 star DL committed and have a few more 4 stars on the board.

Anyone? Bueller?

I don't think anyone wants Paul Johnson because he's a talentless hack running a highschool offense that can only impose it's will on lesser teams. He can't beat teams that are equal or better to him. Johnson is never going to go to a different offense, so if GT wants something better, they need to get rid of him. But for my sake, I hope Paul Johnson stays there until he retires.

In other Rutgers news:

Apparently if Kyle Flood beat UConn & USF the powers that be would have retained him..

For the life of me, that's the incompetence of the Rutgers AD - where you can prove you deserve to keep your job by beating two incredibly horrible teams. Luckily Flood already botched it by losing to UConn.

Still, this doesn't give me faith that the university will do the right thing and move on Ed Orgeron quickly. It's abundantly clear that Julie Hermann has no fucking clue what she's doing. I'm considering writing her a letter to tell her to go back to Louisville.

jjasper

I'd say most people would agree that the level of vitriol coming from Bama fans is a bit absurd considering the embarrassment of riches they've enjoyed the past four years.

I don't know. Seems perfectly reasonable to shoot your friend because they weren't upset enough.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I tend to agree. I think Smoldering Saban gets better results than Casually Annoyed Saban.

I had my parents in town on Saturday, and we (obviously) had the game on TV. My Dad and I just glanced at each other after the game and I said, "Whelp, we didn't do anything to deserve a win in this game, so..." to which he responded "Yep."
Pretty much. Giving up 300 yards on the ground is embarrassing and I hope the D-Line feels bad. Like, "just found out that the Turboman action figure they wanted their dad to buy them for Christmas was all sold out" sad.

Limedust

Pretty much. Giving up 300 yards on the ground is embarrassing and I hope the D-Line feels bad. Like, "just found out that the Turboman action figure they wanted their dad to buy them for Christmas was all sold out" sad.

Doesn't feel like any part of the team really did all that well, aside from (maybe) the receivers. Kicking obviously stunk. Coates being wide open was a complete bust by the secondary. 300 years allowed on the ground is not acceptable... nothing was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom