• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 4| #KARMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what an awful turn of events for NCSU. Absolutely no excuse for not challenging that, though.

Apparently there is a dumbass rule saying it is only reviewable within 5 yards of the goal line? That's what the announcers just said the replay booth reported to them.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Wow, what an awful turn of events for NCSU. Absolutely no excuse for not challenging that, though. They let the play go on...
Yep, but according to head of officials that's not reviewable. Such bullshit.

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
THIS JUST IN: Nick Saban's agent & University of Texas regents met in January about possibility of Saban replacing Mack Brown. (via @AP)
Sorry if old

148ksw1.gif

impirius

Apparently there is a dumbass rule saying it is only reviewable within 5 yards of the goal line? That's what the announcers just said the replay booth reported to them.

Ah, my stream must've been glitching out during that part. Thanks for the clarification!

edit: I reload the stream and Clemson got another 7 points... that was quick

Phenomic

Yeah that was completely one of the worst calls I've seen in a long time. Heads should roll for that one and I'm fairly neutral on this game.

I feel for NC State on that one. Even if they lose this game they shouldn't take it too hard because of that. Who knows what the 14 13 score could have done to turn the tide of the game, but oh well.

Yeah that was completely one of the worst calls I've seen in a long time. Heads should roll for that one and I'm fairly neutral on this game.

I feel for NC State on that one. Even if they lose this game they shouldn't take it too hard because of that. Who knows what the 14 13 score could have done to turn the tide of the game, but oh well.

In that ref's defense, it took ESPN five different slow motion replays before they were able to see that he didn't step out...

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
In that ref's defense, it took ESPN five different slow motion replays before they were able to see that he didn't step out...
The rule's construction is such that the refs should err on the side of caution and not call them out when its questionable. Better to call the play back than to fuck a team over like this.

bachikarn

(FRI) Boise State @ Fresno State by 4
North Carolina @ Georgia Tech by 4
Wake Forest @ Army by 4
Pittsburgh @ Duke by 4
Houston vs. Rice by 4
Michigan State @ Notre Dame by 4
West Virginia @ Maryland by 7
Arkansas @ Rutgers by 4
Arizona State @ Stanford by 7
Kansas State @ Texas by 4
Missouri @ Indiana by 4
Utah @ BYU by 4

Sharkz1

Neo Member
I go to State. Never seen a crowd get so dejected and the momentum shift as quickly as they did after that blown call. We probably would have lost either way, but it hurt to lose like that.

Edit:
Edit: Shocked the stadium wasn't losing their minds over that. They kind of just took it. There would be riots on campus by now in Orlando.

Oh they were, trust me. Loudest boo's I've ever heard at Carter Finley. The student section was going insane.

NFreak

That was clearly a TD. Not sure if you can challenge that, though. Play was called dead.

And LOL on the fumble.

Nice me too!

Edit: Shocked the stadium wasn't losing their minds over that. They kind of just took it. There would be riots on campus by now in Orlando.

We were losing our minds. I was at the game. It was ridiculous.

Jhriad

(FRI) Boise State @ Fresno State by 4
North Carolina @ Georgia Tech by 4
Wake Forest @ Army by 7
Pittsburgh @ Duke by 10
Houston vs. Rice by 4
Michigan State @ Notre Dame by 4
West Virginia @ Maryland by 4
Arkansas @ Rutgers by 7
Arizona State @ Stanford by 7
Kansas State @ Texas by 4
Missouri @ Indiana by 4
Utah @ BYU by 4

Lot of picks I wasn't sure about this week. Might end up changing some of these before tomorrow.

Meier

Oh they were, trust me. Loudest boo's I've ever heard at Carter Finley. The student section was going insane.

We were losing our minds. I was at the game. It was ridiculous.

You guys should be friends. Two of my best buds to this day were guys I met via NeoGAF when attending FSU a decade ago.

Scooting away like a bitch.

Getting enough distance that if a ref didn't see his first hit and someone retaliates, they might see the person close the distance on him before the attack. Smart thinking.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Boise State @ Fresno State by 6
North Carolina @ Georgia Tech by 9
Wake Forest @ Army by 8
Pittsburgh @ Duke by 6
Houston vs. Rice by 7
Michigan State @ Notre Dame by 6
West Virginia @ Maryland by 4
Arkansas @ Rutgers by 4
Arizona State @ Stanford by 14
Kansas State @ Texas by 9