• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 4| #KARMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It's since been taken and used as the blanket term for all the rich boosters but it started out as just a single character
So... I'm right?

Edit: the fact that Texas fans write fanfic about Texas football is disturbing. And I say that as an Alabama fan.

orangmin's picks:

Fresno State by 7
Georgia Tech by 7
Wake Forest by 7
Pittsburgh by 7
Houston by 7
Notre Dame by 7
Maryland by 7
Rutgers by 7
tanford by 10
Texas by 7
Missouri by 7
BYU by 7

So... I'm right?

Edit: the fact that Texas fans write fanfic about Texas football is disturbing. And I say that as an Alabama fan.

It's not really fanfic, it's just another $9.95 site trying to sell you "inside" information that is the writer is at best stretching the truth, and at worst just making shit up.

Most of the snippets I have seen from the site makes our athletic department look like a soap opera or a Bravo reality show.

you beat temple by 9. temple.

chaos- what was scary about dallas baptist?

I truly wish my writing was more eloquent so I could more precisely convey my feelings on the tour. Basically, the school is secluded on top of a hill miles away from the Dallas commerce. I was given a tour of the campus by a clean cut born again Christian grad student gentleman on a golf cart. While taxiing around, he felt compelled to give me his personal testimony about his struggle with drinking and partying while at UNT. Transferring to DBU of course changed his life as he found Jesus and proudly no longer partakes in those college activities. This was the summer of 2008, so he also expressed his fear for our country if Obama beat out McCain in the election.

Then he takes me by the gender segregated dorms. All dorms on campus are gender segregated so he brought me into the mens dorm hall lobby. Through the lobby are double doors that lead to the actual dorm rooms, but on those double doors is a large plaque that reads "no females beyond this point". I asked my guide "Are girls really not at all allowed in this hall?" And he replied. "Actually, No!, On Thursdays between 6pm and 8pm girls are allowed visitation, but your doors must be kept open and our RA will walk around to make sure all 4's on the floor is enforced". "All 4's on the floor?" I asked him with a confused look on my face. "Yes, if you have a girl in your room, all 4 feet must be on the floor. So, no laying down on the bed." By this point, I'm thinking this place has fewer freedoms than my highschool. Thats not what I want in my college experience.

"Are video games allowed?" I asked. "Yes" he replied "But only E rated games, and only G and PG movies are allowed". "So no Super Smash Brothers?" I asked. "You would have to get it approved by _____." Oh...

He then described the key entry procedure for entering the dorm, and if you return to your dorm after 1am, it electronically alerts the Dean. He says its not a big deal if you come in late a few times, but if its an ongoing issue then some students may get a talk from the Dean about what they are doing out so late.

And it was the summertime so not too many students were on campus, but the whole place had a cultish vibe to it. I didn't feel the people I met were genuinely as gleeful as they came across. I've read about Bob Jones University, and DBU is just marginally less insane as far as policy.

Keep in mind, this is all coming from someone who was raised Baptist. I was genuinely creeped out by DBU.

razielim

(FRI) Boise State @ Fresno State by 4
North Carolina @ Georgia Tech by 4
Wake Forest @ Army by 4
Pittsburgh @ Duke by 4
Houston vs. Rice by 6
Michigan State @ Notre Dame by 10
West Virginia @ Maryland by 4
Arkansas @ Rutgers by 4
Arizona State @ Stanford by 7
Kansas State @ Texas by 8
Missouri @ Indiana by 8
Utah @ BYU by 6

Tommy Armstrong likely to start in place of Martinez. Excited to see what the future looks like as the offense hasn't been impressing me so far this season.

I still can't believe we're the primetime broadcast game of the week.

EDIT: Also, ESPN mic guy standing next to whomever is shouting "WHOOOO," please move someplace else.

EDIT 2: Also, mute all but Reece Davis' mic.

mre

If State had a halfway decent offense, we'd be beating the shit out of Clemson.

mre

Yep. Clemson is sleepwalking through this game thus far. How the hell do you burn a time out on 4th down at midfield? Fuck, just take the delay penalty if need be....
Yeah, it looks like Dabo went to the Les Miles School of Clock Management during the off-season.

impirius

That punt was NCSU's first real win in the field position battle.

Because of course this game ended up being a field position battle.

That was clearly a TD. Not sure if you can challenge that, though. Play was called dead.

And LOL on the fumble.

Nice me too!

Edit: Shocked the stadium wasn't losing their minds over that. They kind of just took it. There would be riots on campus by now in Orlando.

impirius

Wow, what an awful turn of events for NCSU. Absolutely no excuse for not challenging that, though. They let the play go on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom