• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 4| #KARMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason in the first quarter of this game while it was still scoreless I thought to myself "I forgot Fresno beat Rutgers earlier this season. I should have picked them to win this."

It's not like Rutgers is some unstoppable force that they beat, plus that game was a home game for Fresno, but ever since I thought that I've been pretty sure Fresno would win.

Karakand

Born outside the US. Moved to Miami in the late 80s. My entire family are Canes fans, so I was too, because it was all I watched. Switched around '94, when I started watching college football extensively by myself, and discovered Spurrier's fun n' gun.

So, basically, everything I said was correct. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82518577&postcount=341

bBubxnL.jpg

JCX

(FRI) Boise State @ Fresno State by missed it
North Carolina @ Georgia Tech by 9
Wake Forest @ Army by 5
Pittsburgh @ Duke by 8
Houston vs. Rice by 9
Michigan State @ Notre Dame by 4
West Virginia @ Maryland by 10
Arkansas @ Rutgers by 11
Arizona State @ Stanford by 8
Kansas State @ Texas by 9
Missouri @ Indiana by 6
Utah @ BYU by 12

JCX

Not saying its weird to remember dates, just weird to pickup a team to be a fan of especially as late as high school.

I was fan of Ohio State my entire life, theres no where I could pinpoint the "day" I became one as ive always just been one.

I wasn't really raised in a sports fan household, so I wasn't a strong fan of any team really until college. Didn't even get season tickets until sophomore year.

:lol Saban's suspending TJ Yeldon for a quarter against Colorado State, for the throat slash.

Compare that to autograph-gate, if you will.

was the throat slash sponsored? maybe if he got a some type of endorsement deal, then we could talk about extending it to the ever harsh half of a game suspension

bachikarn

I wasn't really raised in a sports fan household, so I wasn't a strong fan of any team really until college. Didn't even get season tickets until sophomore year.

Same here. Probably wouldn't have even gotten into football if we didn't win an NC.

The entire city of Fresno will wheep tonight if the Bulldogs don't pull this out.

And if they win, party was cancelled

Authorities pulled thousands of marijuana plants Friday from what was being described as a "large" growing operation near Willow International Community College Center in Clovis.

According to authorities, 8,132 plants were removed, along with the 30 pounds of processed marijuana. The value of the plantings: $32 million, according to authorities.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/09/20/3508241/large-pot-grow-found-just-south.html#storylink=cpy

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell, I started watching something else when it was 19-34 and I turn back to find it 40-34.

::edit::
I take it back, looking over the play-by-play it was 25-34 when I left because I remember the long kickoff and long run on the next play. Then I guess Fresno fumbled a kickoff.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
God, I hate when you get that feeling only a drive or two into a game that you picked the wrong team in the pick 'em and then have your feeling justified in the end.

How is the Boise Coach not coaching for a bigger name? He's so good at pulling wins out of his ass even when his team is clearly not as talented

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Its your own fault bro, easy pick is easy

Like I alluded to in my earlier post, if I had just spent more than 5 minutes making posts and had remembered that Fresno beat Rutgers I think I would have picked them. Need to remember to spend a little bit of time on the pick 'em for the rest of the season.

How is the Boise Coach not coaching for a bigger name? He's so good at pulling wins out of his ass even when his team is clearly not as talented

He's had chances, but why leave? He saw what happened to Dan Hawkins when he left. He's beloved in Boise now, can win a garbage conference pretty much every year, and is very low pressure.

Sounds like a great job to me.

GAF Pick'em Week 4 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

North Carolina @ Georgia Tech by 4
Wake Forest @ Army by 4
Pittsburgh @ Duke by 9
Houston vs. Rice by 4
West Virginia @ Maryland by 7
Arkansas @ Rutgers by 7
Arizona State @ Stanford by 7
Kansas State @ Texas by 7
Missouri @ Indiana by 4
Utah @ BYU by 9

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
North Carolina @ Georgia Tech by 10
Wake Forest @ Army by 7
Pittsburgh @ Duke by 10
Houston vs. Rice by 10
West Virginia @ Maryland by 7
Arkansas @ Rutgers by 7
Arizona State @ Stanford by 7
Kansas State @ Texas by 7
Missouri @ Indiana by 7
Utah @ BYU by 12

Draxal

He's had chances, but why leave? He saw what happened to Dan Hawkins when he left. He's beloved in Boise now, can win a garbage conference pretty much every year, and is very low pressure.

Sounds like a great job to me.

This is not a typically good Boise team. And although conference is garbage, he hasn't been really able to recruit well, since it's still ... Idaho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom