• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Just sitting in my office and a partner walks in with a $15k bonus check. Drinks are on me, CFB Gaf!

If you insist

x7eSCAZ.jpg

Congrats on your bonus mre. Instead of buying us drinks, bring out your inner Mike Leach and bet it all on Ole Miss to cover the spread this weekend.

Karakand

Man, I'm 90% sure my college records department called security on me. I was having a disagreement with them about trying to get a copy of my current courses so I could transfer, and they were stonewalling me. So I asked to speak to the boss of records. They told me to go wait in the lobby for her, and then 2 cops walked in and looked at me then walked back to records.

Really weird, especially because I wasn't belligerent or anything, just was asking questions. They don't seem to be the brightest folks that work there and I had been sent off to somewhere else four times already.

But, looks like they didn't arrest me at least!

don't tas me bro

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/27/4777412/ea-sports-ncaa-players-settlement-40-million

Sounds like EA's settled with the Bannon class action lawsuit for about $40 million. They somehow tally that could be between $130-$320 for each athlete in the suit.

That's like, one measly little handshake that they get anyway.

The O'Bannon suit is not yet class action, but if Judge Claudia Wilken rules that the current and former players all have a similar claim, the NCAA could be on the hook for billions of dollars in damages.

USC AD Pat Haden has said he hasn't heard anything from the NCAA yet. So the NCAA is putting out a statement before even contacting USC.

Why does that sound familiar?

Oh man, we're at Oregon tomorrow? :O
It's going to be a massacre. Supposedly there's some bad weather en route, but I can't figure out if that will make things better or worse.
Probably just as well I won't see the game. Yikes. Anyway, I'll be doing Tough Mudder tomorrow so wish me luck guys. :p
Have fun. I'm going to subject myself to the game on TV.

Shit, been busy this week and forgot to get my picks in!

South Carolina by 20
TCU by 12
Pittsburgh by 4
Georgia by 4
Florida State by 12
Oklahoma by 4
Minnesota by 4
Alabama by 20
Washington by 4
Ohio State by 12
Arizona State by 4

Westonian

BYU leading receiver Cody Hoffman suspended for tonight's game against Middle Tennessee. Considering it's Middle Tennessee and our QB is only completing 35% of his passes, I don't think this will have much of an effect on the game.

BYU leading receiver Cody Hoffman suspended for tonight's game against Middle Tennessee. Considering it's Middle Tennessee and our QB is only completing 35% of his passes, I don't think this will have much of an effect on the game.
Did he get caught masturbating or something?

I haven't gotten to see UCF play so far this year. Who should I be watching out for tomorrow (other than Bortles)?

The receiving corps. Worton, Perriman, Godfrey, Reese, Hall. All can make big plays. Godfrey could be used in wildcat type of packages.

Storm Johnson. And an interesting one in Will Stanback. Both RBs.

On defense... not sure really. Sean Maag I guess. He's come out of nowhere and has been making some good plays. He's a DB. Terrance Plummer - one of the linebackers.

what in the blue fuck is with these officials in the utah st and san jose st game.

twice they have "corrected" plays after the next one was already run.

they called a penalty on the receiving team on a punt return. they ran a play on first down. they then stopped play and said the penalty on the punt should have been on the kicking team. so they said the first play didn't count, reset san jose st for first down and moved them up 10 yards.

cashman

Banned

Probably caught drinking a soda after 9PM

impirius

The receiving corps. Worton, Perriman, Godfrey, Reese, Hall. All can make big plays. Godfrey could be used in wildcat type of packages.

Storm Johnson. And an interesting one in Will Stanback. Both RBs.

On defense... not sure really. Sean Maag I guess. He's come out of nowhere and has been making some good plays. He's a DB. Terrance Plummer - one of the linebackers.

Thanks for that! Now I can sound like I know what I'm talking about tomorrow...

No worries. Have fun, stay away from Memory Mall (the best tailgate location but drunk student central... And we're not really that nice). The stadium will be rocking!

I'll have to try to watch what I can on the WatchESPN app during my event lol.

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

South Carolina @ UCF by 9 (hope im wrong for what its worth)
SMU @ TCU by 11
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 4
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 17
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 9
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 11
Arizona @ Washington by 11
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 9
USC @ Arizona State by 11

No worries. Have fun, stay away from Memory Mall (the best tailgate location but drunk student central... And we're not really that nice). The stadium will be rocking!

I'll have to try to watch what I can on the WatchESPN app during my event lol.

Taking my kiddo to this game. Anything I should know?

GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by GTA V
South Carolina @ UCF by 13
SMU @ TCU by 6
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 14
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 13
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 17
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 17
Arizona @ Washington by 7
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 13
USC @ Arizona State by 17

Garryk

Bielema said that Brandon Allen would be back for today's game. I guess this means Arkansas might keep it closer than 3 TDs.

mcgruber

South Carolina @ UCF by 11
SMU @ TCU by 11
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 4
LSU @ Georgia by 7
Florida State @ Boston College by 17
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 9
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 11
Arizona @ Washington by 11
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 9
USC @ Arizona State by 11

Taking my kiddo to this game. Anything I should know?
Don't go in Gata attire. If you're wearing neutral or UCF stuff the cursing and insults won't be directed to you or your child at all if you decide to walk through or hang out at Memory Mall which is in front of the CFE Arena. You'll just hear a lot.

Drunk college students, you know. Anywhere else you should be fine. And get in early. There are like 20 gates at the stadium, but its going to be a packed house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom