• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
null_zpsa3cbf0cf.jpg

New helmets against WVU today.

Love it.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Headed up to Seattle in a few minutes for the game. Feeling pretty nervous about it and the weather sucks even by PacNW standards. Oh well, go Cougs!

It'll be interesting to see how Oklahoma stacks up against their first real competition of the season, especially with Bell commanding the offense. If they can pull through this game then OKST and Baylor are possible wins.

Pimpwerx

Wait...Gators play at 7pm tonight? I thought it was a 2pm game. I'd arranged with my client to have the game on during our session and everything (their suggestion, btw, not mine). Huh. How about that?

Anyway, it's a new season, boys! The Driskel Era is over. The Murphy Era is here! SECCG is still up for grabs, so I consider it a new season. We win that, we still get to play for the MNC. I know that's the longest of shots, but I feel a whole lot better about our chances now that some shitstain isn't tasked with throwing the ball. Driskel failed even as a game manager. How does that work? Oh yeah, it didn't.

SEC....you been put on notice. The Gators gon' getcha. Let's go Gators! PEACE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Almost forgot my picks

South Carolina @ UCF by 10
SMU @ TCU by 7
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 7
LSU @ Georgia by 3
Florida State @ Boston College by 21
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 10
Iowa @ Minnesota by 7
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 7
Arizona @ Washington by 3
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 10
USC @ Arizona State by 7

Meier

West Virginia's QB doesn't seem to be very smart. I'm seeing some horrible decisions thus far.
It's little Trickett from FSU. He was good but not great here. I think if he settles in that he has the ability to be excellent in an offense like WVU's.

Pimpwerx

Damn! Duke the Johnson is a lot faster than I thought. Too bad there was a hold there. Also, LOL @ the USF stadium booing when they should be cheering. Must have a lot of Canes fans up there. PEACE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It's little Trickett from FSU. He was good but not great here. I think if he settles in that he has the ability to be excellent in an offense like WVU's.

He's the one that looked like a mustached hillbilly right? WVU was a perfect choice. Can't play well? Learn how to cook meth

Draxal

Posted at 12:25 so ignore the 12:00 Games.

Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 10
LSU @ Georgia by 4
Florida State @ Boston College by 14
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 7
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ [Alabama by 10
Arizona @ Washington by 7
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 10
USC @ Arizona State by 7

JCX

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by missed
South Carolina @ UCF by 13
SMU @ TCU by 10
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 7
LSU @ Georgia by 14
Florida State @ Boston College by 9
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 8
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 5
Arizona @ Washington by 9
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 6
USC @ Arizona State by 8

UH oh, South Carolina....

I was so tempted to pick UCF after watching them play us last year, very impressive team, just couldnt pull the trigger.

jjasper

There is nothing worse than running a read option with slow ass QB that never runs the ball. Might as well take a knee each time.

If Tenn loses to South Alabama...not enough jnc

I mean it wouldn't be that surprising we are really terrible. This might be the worst team in school history.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just did some rewinding in the OSU/WVU game since I'm watching TCU/SMU.

That was a dirty ass hit by Emmanuel Ogbah on Trickett that got the penalty for roughing. Commentators are right, he pretty much just punched him.

Sims for WVU seems like a really solid player.

He really really really wanted to come to Tech but Houston blocked the transfer and he lost an appeal. Kind of a dick move by them because he only has one year left to play (graduate student so he can play immediately) and they're not on our schedule this season. Really sucks because he's a possible 1st or 2nd round in the NFL draft kind of guy.

Of course, given our team this season we wouldn't have been able to run block for him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom