• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
Yuengling... tough to find? What is this I don't even

See I recently learned on my trip to Ohio that Yuengling is something special up in that region. Not Ohio specifically, but Indiana doesn't have it all. Go figure that I can get a 6 pack at WalMart at 1 am for $5.69 down in Orlando. Nothing like using Yuengling for drinking games.

Abita is probably the most prominent of those out here. I've seen Yuengling and Sweetwater, but they're tough to find. Haven't heard of the other ones.
Intersting. It is easy to forget how regional beer really is. What I consider 'standard affair' is something 'out there' just a few states over.

I wish we could get Terrapin here but they don't have distribution in Ohio yet. :( Sweetwater is good too.
You have a good selection up there, though, so you're at least covered. I greatly enjoy beers from the Ohio valley region.

We get Abita here in Houston, especially at Cajun restaurants and LSU alumni hangouts, but none of the others. You might find them at Spec's (a large liquor store that would make you weep), but in general, most places stock local beer for their "craft" selection. St Arnolds and Karbach are the big winners here in Houston, with 8th Wonder and No Name being the up and coming brewers.

And if they don't have that, there is always Shiner.
Mmmm Shiner. It was cheaper here a couple years ago, but it has shot up to close to $8 a 6 pack. At that price I can't justify it over the other selections. Too bad too, because it was great to have a sixer of Bock on a hot day.

Nah. I only even recognize a few of those names. Out here we mostly get California and Oregon microbreweries.
That's too bad, but the west coast beers have their own style. Anderson Valley really reaches an east coast taste out there, so seek them out.

andycapps

You have a good selection up there, though, so you're at least covered. I greatly enjoy beers from the Ohio valley

True, I just like being able to get beers from back home. Hoping that they get distro up here soon.

Tennessee is rolling out some alternate unis this weekend. This is a shot of them.

7RguTIP.png

See I recently learned on my trip to Ohio that Yuengling is something special up in that region. Not Ohio specifically, but Indiana doesn't have it all. Go figure that I can get a 6 pack at WalMart at 1 am for $5.69 down in Orlando. Nothing like using Yuengling for drinking games.

Intersting. It is easy to forget how regional beer really is. What I consider 'standard affair' is something 'out there' just a few states over.

You have a good selection up there, though, so you're at least covered. I greatly enjoy beers from the Ohio valley region.
the year long yuenglings are good just as you described, cheap microbrew....but they really do make my favorite oktoberfest and its kind of sad to see sam adams be as popular as they are now when there are so many better breweries in the southeast and northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom