• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know who Katie Nolan was so I googled her name. This is what I got

Are you complaining?

ibm84ly0ssqJ7p.gif

Why do they do that again? I guess it's easier to implement therefore not requiring significant time learning the playbook?

The military schools do it because the have tiny Oline by comparison so the option is easy to run since it uses the chop block as a basis. How the fuck a chop block by option teams are still legal is beyond me.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I agree. Chris Fowler isn't bad either.

Palmer just said VT has the best defense in the country. Well they gave up 35 to Bama, so defenses around the country must suck.
They gave up 14 points to our offense, 14 points on special teams, and 7 points to our defense.

Jhriad

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by X
South Carolina @ UCF by 11
SMU @ TCU by 11
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 4
LSU @ Georgia by 4
Florida State @ Boston College by 21
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 14
Arizona @ Washington by 7
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 4
USC @ Arizona State by 4

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, seems like EA and the CLC settled in the OBannon suit. Only party left is the NCAA, and I don't think they can settle because of fear of the precedent that would cause :lol

On the settlement

Yep, "All the way to the Supreme Court" says the NCAA
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23862299/ncaa-promises-to-take-obannon-lawsuit-to-supreme-court-if-necessary
NCAA promises to take O'Bannon lawsuit to Supreme Court
By Eye on College Football staff
September 26, 2013 10:00 pm ET

The NCAA is gathering a significant legal team to fight the Ed O'Bannon lawsuit, and the organization is willing to take the case all the way to the highest court in the land.

According to a report in the USA Today, the NCAA has retained one new law firm to handle a possible trial and another to work on appeals. Its chief legal officer, Donald Remy, indicated this battle is far from over.

"We're prepared to take this all the way to the Supreme Court if we have to," Remy told USA Today. "We are not prepared to compromise on the case."

Video game manufacturer EA Sports reached settlements for unknown amounts in similar lawsuits regarding the use of players' likenesses. The settlement does not include the NCAA's ongoing legal battle with O'Bannon, a former UCLA basketball star spearheading an effort by past and present collegiate athletes looking for compensation from the use of their likenesses in video games as well as a piece of massive television revenues.

Wonder, if the settlement money is split and goes to the listed "current" players, does that become a NCAA Violation :lol

desh

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech by X
South Carolina @ UCF by 11
SMU @ TCU by 11
Virginia @ Pittsburgh by 4
LSU @ Georgia by 4
Florida State @ Boston College by 21
Oklahoma @ Notre Dame by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Ole Miss @ Alabama by 14
Arizona @ Washington by 7
Wisconsin @ Ohio State by 4
USC @ Arizona State by 4

andycapps

black matte for a school which does not have black as one of its school colors?

un-rip u-dub recruiting

rip trogans
rip THE university of phil knight

That doesn't stop Highlighter U from using whatever colors they want on their uniforms and helmets.

@BenAxelrod LeBron will be on the sidelines Sat & will deliver a pre-game speech to the Bucks.

Wearing Alt uniforms, night game, Bron speaking?

Yup, this is a big time recruit game, win and we'll be sitting well in a lot of their eyes.

mre

Just sitting in my office and a partner walks in with a $15k bonus check. Drinks are on me, CFB Gaf!

Tamanon

Banned
Man, I'm 90% sure my college records department called security on me. I was having a disagreement with them about trying to get a copy of my current courses so I could transfer, and they were stonewalling me. So I asked to speak to the boss of records. They told me to go wait in the lobby for her, and then 2 cops walked in and looked at me then walked back to records.

Really weird, especially because I wasn't belligerent or anything, just was asking questions. They don't seem to be the brightest folks that work there and I had been sent off to somewhere else four times already.

But, looks like they didn't arrest me at least!

mre

Man, I'm 90% sure my college records department called security on me. I was having a disagreement with them about trying to get a copy of my current courses so I could transfer, and they were stonewalling me. So I asked to speak to the boss of records. They told me to go wait in the lobby for her, and then 2 cops walked in and looked at me then walked back to records.

Really weird, especially because I wasn't belligerent or anything, just was asking questions. They don't seem to be the brightest folks that work there and I had been sent off to somewhere else four times already.

But, looks like they didn't arrest me at least!
ECU?

Garryk

In addition to the A&M band not coming to the game, Arkansas has now banned the dog because no animals are allowed inside the stadium.

mre

In addition to the A&M band not coming to the game, Arkansas has now banned the dog because no animals are allowed inside the stadium.

What I read is that you didn't ban their band, you simply told them they wouldn't march. They then proceeded to take their ball and go home.

just get me a bottle of bourbon. i expect it delivered in time for tomorrow so i can drink into oblivion either celebrating a win or crying like a little bitch

andycapps

What I read is that you didn't ban their band, you simply told them they wouldn't march. They then proceeded to take their ball and go home.

I don't see why Arkansas isn't allowing them a few minutes to march. Is there something special going on at halftime that prevents that or is this typical for Arky to do for visiting bands?

Garryk

I'm just glad that there are a couple of things the Aggie fans at the game won't have to cheer about.

I don't see why Arkansas isn't allowing them a few minutes to march. Is there something special going on at halftime that prevents that or is this typical for Arky to do for visiting bands?

We've had other bands march before, we just told them that we are using the full allotment of time for our band, presentations, recognitions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom