• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 6| Kiffin Named Next AD of Texas

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
He's unbelievably bad. I really think they need to blow that young kid's shirt if Ash is say done for the season due to the lingering concussion issues. Colt just isn't good enough and if a young star is a legit player that can turn your program around, he's going to leave before he's a Senior anyway.
I wouldn't hold your breath about a guy that only had a 1-9 record as a senior QB in 2A football being the solution at the QB position. A guy that's as good an athlete as he is supposed to be should be worth a few wins in 2A based on that alone no matter who his teammates are.

For comparison, I believe Colt McCoy only lost two games as a starting 2A QB and they were both playoff games, and that was for a team that was nothing much before him and has been nothing much after him.

Meier

I wouldn't hold your breath about a guy that only had a 1-9 record as a senior QB in 2A football being the solution at the QB position. A guy that's as good an athlete as he is supposed to be should be worth a few wins in 2A based on that alone no matter who his teammates are.

For comparison, I believe Colt McCoy only lost two games as a starting 2A QB and they were both playoff games, and that was for a team that was nothing much before him and has been nothing much after him.

I don't know too much about him since I'm only a tertiary UT fan, but I know people were raving about him. There is NO WAY he could be worse than McCoy though (regardless of their respective HS team's successes).

Karl2177

ISU just lost to Case fuckin McCoy. ISU fans really shouldn't be whining to the refs over this. They earned that loss.

What? I don't even. Let's ignore the bullshit non-fumbles for a minute. Did you even watch the game? Did you see how many bullshit PI calls were made on passes that were uncatchable? Case would have been going 3 and out if the refs hadn't bailed him out on multiple drives. I fail to understand how a team that averaged 39 penalty yards per game is suddenly hit with 6 PIs and over 100 yards of penalties without referee assistance. I fail to see how an Iowa State defense is called for holding on a pass play on an important 3rd down. I fail to see how spearing a defender isn't worthy of an ejection. In your deluded head, I guess you can say that we earned that loss, but Texas tends to have a reputation of "earning" wins. You can convince yourself that you earned that 2009 Big 12 championship. You can convince yourself that that you earned that last touchdown. You can convince yourself that you earned all those penalty yards. But when Bob Stoops beats the literal, figurative, and metaphorical fuck out of your team, guess what. You will have actually earned it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know too much about him since I'm only a tertiary UT fan, but I know people were raving about him. There is NO WAY he could be worse than McCoy though (regardless of their respective HS team's successes).

Don't get me wrong, he's a great athlete and did have offers from a ton of schools. Was invited to the final round of the Elite 11 competition though I'm not sure why because I heard he didn't do all that well at the Dallas event.

All I know is that anybody that I know who saw him live last season came away unimpressed. He was a huge project that UT took at QB when they really shouldn't have been taking on huge projects at the position. I think if he has to come in and play as a true freshman he'll probably be able to rip off some good runs and get some excitement going but as far as throwing the ball he's going to make Vince Young look like Peyton Manning.

cashman

Banned
What? I don't even. Let's ignore the bullshit non-fumbles for a minute. Did you even watch the game? Did you see how many bullshit PI calls were made on passes that were uncatchable? Case would have been going 3 and out if the refs hadn't bailed him out on multiple drives. I fail to understand how a team that averaged 39 penalty yards per game is suddenly hit with 6 PIs and over 100 yards of penalties without referee assistance. I fail to see how an Iowa State defense is called for holding on a pass play on an important 3rd down. I fail to see how spearing a defender isn't worthy of an ejection. In your deluded head, I guess you can say that we earned that loss, but Texas tends to have a reputation of "earning" wins. You can convince yourself that you earned that 2009 Big 12 championship. You can convince yourself that that you earned that last touchdown. You can convince yourself that you earned all those penalty yards. But when Bob Stoops beats the literal, figurative, and metaphorical fuck out of your team, guess what. You will have actually earned it.
Lost to Case McCoy; didn't read.

You can convince yourself that you earned that 2009 Big 12 championship

I still don't understand this one. The ball hit the ground with a second left. How is this disputable?

But when Bob Stoops beats the literal, figurative, and metaphorical fuck out of your team, guess what. You will have actually earned it.

You realize most of us are kinda conflicted about wanting to win this game, right? We don't want to lose to OU, but we also want Mack Brown fired.

diehard

Fleer
Chuckie Keeton and KVN are on tv tonight, a chance for people to see two damn good players.

I think KVN is the best Linebacker in the country .. but i'm a homer.

Chuckie Keeton and KVN are on tv tonight, a chance for people to see two damn good players.

I think KVN is the best Linebacker in the country .. but i'm a homer.

Wanna know why I dont think KVN is not the LB in the country?

I have no clue who the hell KVN is.

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly we need to put a stop to just referring to players on any teams by their initials. It just makes no sense. I mean first page of google searches turns up nobody going by KVN. Only after digging deeper did I see it's about some BYU guy.

diehard

Fleer
Honestly we need to put a stop to just referring to players on any teams by their initials. It just makes no sense. I mean first page of google searches turns up nobody going by KVN. Only after digging deeper did I see it's about some BYU guy.

I'm just prepping you for what he will be known by in the nfl.

you're welcome

I'm not sure if I'm liking next year's playoff panel. Now Condoleezza Rice is a committee member, and with only 12-18 members...her vote will be fairly powerful. To take the politics out of CFB, we must add politicians

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So apparently Alabama has decided to ban itself from the post-season this year over this issue with Ha-Ha.

I'm not sure if I'm liking next year's playoff panel. Now Condoleezza Rice is a committee member, and with only 12-18 members...her vote will be fairly powerful. To take the politics out of CFB, we must add politicians

I wouldn't worry about Condi, I'd worry about Mike Tranghese.

So apparently Alabama has decided to ban itself from the post-season this year over this issue with Ha-Ha.

hCB9EE6C0

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I wasn't gonna let it be me!

but, I will admit, I did a laser* fast search at the various news gathering places on the internet, before checking out Dan Brown's post here.

(that's "Lazer" to you, Texas)

Karl2177

This is what Mike Davis, the guy who speared Deon Broomfield last night, said about the incident right afterwards.

7AxAjHL.png

Later on he tries to cover his tracks saying that he was doing what he was supposed to do on a WR screen. Really buddy? Even after he's looking away from you, you feel the need to "block" him?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This is what Mike Davis, the guy who speared Deon Broomfield last night, said about the incident right afterwards.

7AxAjHL.png

Later on he tries to cover his tracks saying that he was doing what he was supposed to do on a WR screen. Really buddy? Even after he's looking away from you, you feel the need to "block" him?

Strange, that guy who stripped the ball on the goaline and proceeded to run with it, played to the whistle too...

mcgruber

Do we count rice as pro sec? she's from Bama.Archie manning is on it too. Initial peek shows sec bias as expected

Sky News sent a reporter over to check out the Tech game last week, a Braves game, the UGA game, and the Falcons game. Pretty interesting article from someone outside of college football fandom.

I read his college football write ups and it only makes me want to see a live game even more.

I've stayed up late to watch college game day (its on around 1am for me) and are amazed at how many people go to watch it live, looks like a heap of fun to attend if you are on campus.

tokkun

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by X
Maryland @ Florida State by 14
Penn State @ Indiana by 4
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 4
Michigan State @ Iowa by 4
Minnesota @ Michigan by 10
Washington State @ California by 4
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 8
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 4
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 4
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 11
Washington @ Stanford by 8

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Senaca Wallace called, even he doesnt care about Iowa St.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, I love reading stuff like this. Reminds me of when CFB Gaf pointed out Stephen Fry's documentary about the US that stopped at an Ironbowl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPeGPwGKe8

Love that clip. I was only at Auburn for a regular season game but it is one of the neatest sporting events I've ever gone to. The fans are all super polite and friendly and the atmosphere was top notch. The War Eagle was bad ass. Would love to visit other SEC stadiums in the future.

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by X
Maryland @ Florida State by 12
Penn State @ Indiana by 6
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 7
Michigan State @ Iowa by 5
Minnesota @ Michigan by 14
Washington State @ California by 10
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 6
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 14
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 5
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 13
Washington @ Stanford by 7