• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 6| Kiffin Named Next AD of Texas

Speaking of cheap shots, did anything ever happen with that one that looked really bad from a few weeks ago? I want to say it was a SCAR defender going at a UGa RB's knee from behind.

andycapps

Speaking of cheap shots, did anything ever happen with that one that looked really bad from a few weeks ago? I want to say it was a SCAR defender going at a UGa RB's knee from behind.
Was last week I think when they took a shot at Gurley. Nothing was called. Subsequent play was the one he was injured on. That was a clean hit though, just an unfortunate one.

That hit by Mike Davis above reminds me of those Fairley hits on Murray a few years ago that weren't called. The helmet to the knee. The helmet lowered to the back, etc.

Talon, are you the only Northwestern fan?

Cn6bRjH.png

JCX

Mayrland @ Florida State by 14
Penn State @ Indiana by 6
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 4
Michigan State @ Iowa by 9
Minnesota @ Michigan by 7
Washington State @ California by 6
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 12
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 5
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 5
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 8
Washington @ Stanford by 14

cdyhybrid

Was last week I think when they took a shot at Gurley. Nothing was called. Subsequent play was the one he was injured on. That was a clean hit though, just an unfortunate one.

That hit by Mike Davis above reminds me of those Fairley hits on Murray a few years ago that weren't called. The helmet to the knee. The helmet lowered to the back, etc.

Talon, are you the only Northwestern fan?

Cn6bRjH.png

We have claviertekky too. But I think that's pretty much all of the Northwestern fanbase.

Chris R

That wasn't tipped per se but that is a pick.

edit: And whats up with the Picture Quality of this game? Looks like shit from the main camera angle.

Branduil

That wasn't tipped per se but that is a pick.

edit: And whats up with the Picture Quality of this game? Looks like shit from the main camera angle.

LOL how was it not tipped? His hand was all over it.

That glasses ref is the blindest jackass I ever saw.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Clear fumble on the goal line and nothing. Congrats Texas on paying just enough, as usual.

Look, I'm not going to excuse the fact that the game was close enough for Iowa St to matter late in the game, but forward progress had very clearly stopped prior to the fumble.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
really late, but that 2nd fumble on the goal line, I missed the latter half of it while I was typing about it (my KILL PEOPLE post). Was it not reviewed? Was it evident that Texas had fallen on the ball?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Look, I'm not going to excuse the fact that the game was close enough for Iowa St to matter late in the game, but forward progress had very clearly stopped prior to the fumble.

Not even close. Falling forward still, whistle didn't blow for another 4 seconds either.

We should have not allowed that halftime TD, and that cost us, but so did that bad call.

really late, but that 2nd fumble on the goal line, I missed the latter half of it while I was typing about it (my KILL PEOPLE post). Was it not reviewed? Was it evident that Texas had fallen on the ball?

Iowa St. player was going the other way 15 yrds down the field before the whistle. The rule states the player is not down via the forward progress rule until the whistle is blown.

Jonathan Gray looked like he recovered it on the goal line. If anything it would have been a Texas touchdown if reviewed. Instead it was 3rd and goal at the 1, and Case punched it in

Iowa St. player was going the other way 15 yrds down the field before the whistle. The rule states the player is not down via the forward progress rule until the whistle is blown.

I think that was on the first fumble?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Not, not that fumble, the fumble after that fumble. Texas RB reaches for the goaline, ball comes out again. That play, why was it not ruled a fumble/given to Iowa State?

StoOgE

Not even close. Falling forward still, whistle didn't blow for another 4 seconds either.

We should have not allowed that halftime TD, and that cost us, but so did that bad call.

Look at the bright side, you might be the best team in Iowa.

Karl2177

Are they allowed to suspend players after a game ends?
Doubtful because the NCAA rules on penalties and reviewing said penalties are back-fucking-ass-wards.

Everyone at the game was infuriated leaving it and I'll probably be infuriated as long as Mack is coach and those refs have jobs. Fuck that asshole receiver while I'm at it.

StoOgE

Doubtful because the NCAA rules on penalties and reviewing said penalties are back-fucking-ass-wards.

Everyone at the game was infuriated leaving it and I'll probably be infuriated as long as Mack is coach and those refs have jobs. Fuck that asshole receiver while I'm at it.

Come on, how infuriated can Iowa St fans actually be after a loss?

Top Bottom