• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 6| Kiffin Named Next AD of Texas

cashman

Banned
Good news! This kids cancer is in remission

DppefLN.gif

andycapps

I read his college football write ups and it only makes me want to see a live game even more.

I've stayed up late to watch college game day (its on around 1am for me) and are amazed at how many people go to watch it live, looks like a heap of fun to attend if you are on campus.
Yeah I'd love to be able to see a game from their perspective. Really cool article.

Yeah that Stephen Fry video is always awesome.

I'm not sure if I'm liking next year's playoff panel. Now Condoleezza Rice is a committee member, and with only 12-18 members...her vote will be fairly powerful. To take the politics out of CFB, we must add politicians
From this panel so far, clearly looks like outside of about 15-20 teams there will never be a realistic shot to make the top 4.

Especially with the "power 5" conferences constantly backing out of contracts with "G5" teams and really not scheduling those teams anymore plus basically doing the same in the future bowl games.

Fun times.

Draxal

From this panel so far, clearly looks like outside of about 15-20 teams there will never be a realistic shot to make the top 4.

Especially with the "power 5" conferences constantly backing out of contracts with "G5" teams and really not scheduling those teams anymore plus basically doing the same in the future bowl games.

Fun times.

UCF's in good shape, just due to location. Temple is another school in good shape just due to location (PSU/Rutgers/Maryland all have future ooc games scheduled with them). Prime location where alumni are and recruits are, and a good amount of those teams won't back out. If your school's in an area that doesn't have that, welp you are fucked.

Fun times.

Tranghese will platform hard for teams that don't even play 1A football.

Let's have Providence College and Villanova in there, they deserve it! They got rich basketball programs.....

UCF's in good shape, just due to location. Temple is another school in good shape just due to location (PSU/Rutgers/Maryland all have future ooc games scheduled with them). Prime location where alumni are and recruits are, and a good amount of those teams won't back out. If your school's in an area that doesn't have that, welp you are fucked.
I think we have 4 games scheduled past 2014. Maryland backed out before the series started, Mizzou almost backed out, we've been getting stonewalled by teams, KState has backed out of games, etc.

And if it isn't that, teams are demanding 2 for 1s.... Which we may be forced to adjust our stance on.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Today is Tech's first game outside the state of Texas and 1st 11 a.m. kickoff. Combine that with our OL and QB issues, the fact that up to 10 true freshman will be getting playing time, and the fact that Kansas plays us very closely (up 13-0 on us two years ago IIRC, and double overtime last season) and I'm not super confident about today. I still think we should win handily, but I wouldn't be surprised at a close game.I'll really just be happy with a win.

mcgruber

Maryland @ Florida State by 15
Penn State @ Indiana by 11
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 11
Michigan State by 4
Minnesota @ Michigan by 15
California by 4
Ole Miss by 10
Vanderbilt by 7
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 7
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 11
Washington @ Stanford by 10[/QUOTE]

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Today is Tech's first game outside the state of Texas and 1st 11 a.m. kickoff. Combine that with our OL and QB issues, the fact that up to 10 true freshman will be getting playing time, and the fact that Kansas plays us very closely (up 13-0 on us two years ago IIRC, and double overtime last season) and I'm not super confident about today. I still think we should win handily, but I wouldn't be surprised at a close game.I'll really just be happy with a win.

This only works if you are a top 10 team.

clav

Not bitter. Amused.

Condescension is just Northwestern's thing, I get it.

Every school has classless fans. Just a matter of how many of them in proportion to student attendance.

Even the fanbase trolls itself. Someone is still holding a sign made in 2010 about firing the Northwestern kicker for the Auburn game in the 2010 Outback Bowl.

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by X

Mayrland @ Florida State by 10
Penn State @ Indiana by 8
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 5
Michigan State @ Iowa by 7
Minnesota @ Michigan by 6
Washington State @ California by 8
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 4
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 4
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 6
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 9
Washington @ Stanford by 5

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
This only works if you are a top 10 team.

I know you're joking, but seriously, I'm not all that confident in any game left on the schedule. That includes games against Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, West Virginia, and UT. all games we should win, and all games I think we will win, but a loss in any would not surprise me.

jakncoke

Banned
Holy fuck, I refuse to believe there is 10k people at this Indiana stadium right now

Edit Capacity is 52,929 and there is massive sections of nobody

clav

2. Gameday coverage. Finally ESPN talks about Northwestern as opposed the SEC.

4. Lee Corso trolls the Northwestern fanbase with a Buckeye head at the end. Lots of booing to end the GameDay morning cast.

Everything expected.

Now to wait for the game.

Off to study other things.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So the Air Force v. Navy game is on my TV right now. Whatssup with that? I thought the Furlough killed it?

Draxal

So the Air Force v. Navy game is on my TV right now. Whatssup with that? I thought the Furlough killed it?

Bitching and moaning.

Man, the American refs are so bad, that clearly wasn't a Rutgers touchdown and was down at the 2, yet they still gave it to him. At least the replay crew got it right.

Top Bottom