• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 6| Kiffin Named Next AD of Texas

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 7
Mayrland @ Florida State by 20
Penn State @ Indiana by 6
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 7
Michigan State @ Iowa by 4
Minnesota @ Michigan by 13
Washington State @ California by 6
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 4
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 4
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 10
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 7
Washington @ Stanford by 7

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yeah but the jerseys though.
If you're going to continue this ridiculous charade, I shall demand that TTK add the Georgia-Tennessee game to the pick 'em and that you pick Tennessee to win it in order to back up your words.

I demand it, dammit.

andycapps

If you're going to continue this ridiculous charade, I shall demand that TTK add the Georgia-Tennessee game to the pick 'em and that you pick Tennessee to win it in order to back up your words.

I demand it, dammit.

Good luck with that! This wouldn't have happened if we went with Yahoo.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

I demand it, dammit.

One day Texas fans will be able to jokingly pick against ourselves against marginal teams like Ole Miss.

For now, they are actually better than we are :(

andycapps

DUDE, YAHOO DOES IT ALL.

You can pick football players, football teams, football footballs, How many Footballs Mark Richt loses control of, WEGONNAHRUNEMBABEE!!! DAPILLAHCHAMPYUNS HEPUSSAHLANDABIGRECROOT

I know man. Yahoo! Get with it, TTK.

One day Texas fans will be able to jokingly pick against ourselves against marginal teams like Ole Miss.

For now, they are actually better than we are :(

I'm not sure what it says about you when Ole Miss beat you, but Ole Miss just got shut out by Bama. Would you say that as of right now, Texas is better or worse than Colorado?

StoOgE

I'm not sure what it says about you when Ole Miss beat you, but Ole Miss just got shut out by Bama. Would you say that as of right now, Texas is better or worse than Colorado?

Worse.

I expect us to win tommorow night.

After that?

Kansas should be a win.

Then we need to somehow pick off two of West Virginia, TCU, Tech or Baylor to get bowl elligable.

I threw up in my mouth a little typing that.

Either that or Greg Robinson and Case McCoy are the saviors we've been looking for and we run the table, win the Big 12, beat Aggy by 42 points in a BCS bowl, Sumlin is fired, JFF peforms so poorly that he is wiped from the history books and asked to return his Heisman and Mack Brown rises like a Phoenix to heaven.

Charlie strong Please

mre

Here's a question for you. With Dodds not retiring until next August, don't you think Mack will get one more year? That way your next AD can bring in "his guy."

andycapps

Worse.

I expect us to win tommorow night.

After that?

Kansas should be a win.

Then we need to somehow pick off two of West Virginia, TCU, Tech or Baylor to get bowl elligable.

I threw up in my mouth a little typing that.

Either that or Greg Robinson and Case McCoy are the saviors we've been looking for and we run the table, win the Big 12, beat Aggy by 42 points in a BCS bowl, Sumlin is fired, JFF peforms so poorly that he is wiped from the history books and asked to return his Heisman and Mack Brown rises like a Phoenix to heaven.

Charlie strong Please

Best case scenario for Texas right now in some ways is to tank this season so hard that there is no doubt that Brown has to go. Obviously the fanbase wants it, but he must have some loyal defenders on the Board of Regents or whoever is running the show.

But yeah, that's a pretty sad state of affairs. Hoping to maybe beat WVU, TTU, Baylor, or TCU? Damn son.

LegoDad

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 4
Mayrland @ Florida State by 18
Penn State @ Indiana by 4
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 9
Minnesota @ Michigan by 18
Washington State @ California by 9
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 4
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 9
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 9
Washington @ Stanford by 9

mre

Best case scenario for Texas right now in some ways is to tank this season so hard that there is no doubt that Brown has to go. Obviously the fanbase wants it, but he must have some loyal defenders on the Board of Regents or whoever is running the show.

But yeah, that's a pretty sad state of affairs. Hoping to maybe beat WVU, TTU, Baylor, or TCU? Damn son.
You're worried about Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee.

jjasper

To be fair that wasn't a trick play. That was the center snapping the ball thinking it was going to draw an offsides.

Jeff-DSA

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 14
Maryland @ Florida State by 13
Penn State @ Indiana by 3
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 6
Minnesota @ Michigan by 17
Washington State @ California by 3
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 14
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 3
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 6
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 17

StoOgE

He makes money, and he is a strong supporter of our embattled University President.

Our (soon to be ex) governor is trying to turn our school into the University of Phoenix and the only thing standing between him and success is Bill Powers.

Perry is stacking the board of regents with lackies in order to try and force an ouster of Bill Powers.

And as stupid as this sounds, the sexual harrasment/Gloria Allred case in the Athletic Department from like 10 years ago is tied to the entire things because Bill Powers married a former student of his when he was a law professor in the 90s. The athletic department (and Mack) are huge supporters of Bill Powers and still have a ton of sway in the legislature.

Texas, sadly, has much bigger issues than Mack Brown.

Man, it sounds like we should be in the SEC :(

Burka.jpg

StoOgE

Less research, professor pay tied to student evaluations. Professors have to teach more classes. Increase enrollment substantially, decrease cost, offer online classes.

There wouldn't be tenure track, no research, professors would be part time and would be paid based on how much money (tuition) they brought into the school.

They rated proffessors and dropped them into various "buckets" and more or less determined that part time lecturers that aren't on tenure track that have 300+ students packed into a lecture hall are money makers. Professors doing hard research and teaching 15-20 classes are money losers and should be let go.

He views universities as machines that give out degrees that create jobs. So clearly churning out more degrees cheaper is a good thing.

His reponse to complaints that Texas doesn't have a well enough educated workforce is to grant more degrees. Nevermind that half the reason Austin has the economy it does is because the University of Texas research into hi-tech and bio-tech in the 70s-90s. That is less important than filling up lecture halls and UT turnining a profit as effeciently as possible.

andycapps

He makes money, and he is a strong supporter of our embattled University President.

Our (soon to be ex) governor is trying to turn our school into the University of Phoenix and the only thing standing between him and success is Bill Powers.

Perry is stacking the board of regents with lackies in order to try and force an ouster of Bill Powers.

And as stupid as this sounds, the sexual harrasment/Gloria Allred case in the Athletic Department from like 10 years ago is tied to the entire things because Bill Powers married a former student of his when he was a law professor in the 90s. The athletic department (and Mack) are huge supporters of Bill Powers and still have a ton of sway in the legislature.

Texas, sadly, has much bigger issues than Mack Brown.

Man, it sounds like we should be in the SEC :(

Burka.jpg

Yeah Texas isn't ever joining the SEC. I hear you about trying to change the school to get away from athletics.. That's always a fight these days. Even though without football, most of these schools would be in dire financial straits.

Less research, professor pay tied to student evaluations. Professors have to teach more classes. Increase enrollment substantially, decrease cost, offer online classes.

He views universities as machines that give out degrees that create jobs. So clearly churning out more degrees cheaper is a good thing.

Haha at the end of each semester i never took those evaluations seriously. Would suck if that actually determined a professors pay. I did one time, however, write in that this professor shouldn't be in teaching. She was worse at her job than a highschool football coach teaching History.

Also, why is Perry going in on UT and not aggy, Tech and the other public universities in the state? I know he's an aggy so his motives to hurt UT's academic reputation may be a personal attack but I'm not sure

StoOgE

Haha at the end of each semester i never took those evaluations seriously. Would suck if that actually determined a professors pay. I did one time, however, write in that this professor shouldn't be in teaching. She was worse at her job than a highschool football coach teaching History.

Also, why is Perry going in on UT and not aggy, Tech and the other public universities in the state? I know he's an aggy so his motives to hurt UT's academic reputation may be a personal attack but I'm not sure

He actually moved in on Aggy first, they just didn't react as loudly. UTD is also in his sights.

This is more to do with Rick Perry putting his buddies in position to make money like pretty much everything he has ever done in office.

mre

There wouldn't be tenure track, no research, professors would be part time and would be paid based on how much money (tuition) they brought into the school.

They rated proffessors and dropped them into various "buckets" and more or less determined that part time lecturers that aren't on tenure track that have 300+ students packed into a lecture hall are money makers. Professors doing hard research and teaching 15-20 classes are money losers and should be let go.

His reponse to complaints that Texas doesn't have a well enough educated workforce is to grant more degrees. Nevermind that half the reason Austin has the economy it does is because the University of Texas research into hi-tech and bio-tech in the 70s-90s. That is less important than filling up lecture halls and UT turnining a profit as effeciently as possible.
Jesus.

cdyhybrid

Yuck.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm guessing this government shut down thing will be resolved soon so we won't have to trade out Navy for fucking Fresno State.

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 7
Mayrland @ Florida State by 10
Penn State @ Indiana by 13
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 7 (I think this is a trap game)
Michigan State @ Iowa by 3
Minnesota @ Michigan by 7
Washington State @ California by 7
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 3
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 10
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 7
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 14

mre

For some reason, the thought of President Kiffin leads my brain to an image of an uprising led by John Gruden. I dunno.
It would just usher in the fulfillment of the prophetic visions of Mike Judge as set forth in Idiocracy.

ag-my001

This is the worst response to "need more degrees, can't get into Austin if not top 10%" I've ever heard. I haven't kept up with how this has affected A&M, but on first impressions it's completely counter to the Vision 2020 program they'd been running.

ag-my001

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 12
Maryland @ Florida State by 8
Penn State @ Indiana by 10
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 6
Michigan State @ Iowa by 9
Minnesota @ Michigan by 7
Washington State @ California by 6
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 7
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 7
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 14
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 10
Washington @ Stanford by 11

andycapps

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 7
Maryland @ Florida State by 17
Penn State @ Indiana by 4
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 7
Minnesota @ Michigan by 13
Washington State @ California by 4
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 4
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 6
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 7

StoOgE

This is the worst response to "need more degrees, can't get into Austin if not top 10%" I've ever heard. I haven't kept up with how this has affected A&M, but on first impressions it's completely counter to the Vision 2020 program they'd been running.

Both Universities are actively fighting it and continuing on as fine academic institutions.

The hope is that Abbot is not in favor of this move. Right now the indications seem to point to that being the case (he appears to be a Powers supporter), and it may be part of the reason Perry isn't running for another term.

He may have bit off more than he could chew with this one.

Enfinit

Where dem pick em results at?

Although I think we'll get blown out by FSU, its nice to finally get to see Maryland play. Can't wait to watch Diggs.
We'll only win because we're at home. If we had you on the road it'd be another NC State the way we've been playing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum 39m
. @chrisfallica likes AU over OM,'In the last 3 yrs., playing an SEC team after a loss to Alabama, teams are 1-11 (LSU won vs MSU last yr).

2012 - Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State (LSU won)
2011 - Florida, Vandy, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State
2010 - Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State

Like the stat at first, but then, 9 of those losses were because of Ole Miss, MSU, Tennessee and Vandy.

So shitty a weekend of CFB, that I'm thinking about finding tickets to an 11 AM Alabama game vs. The Littlest High School in Georgia...

Or just play GTA Online all weekend.

mre

Like the stat at first, but then, 9 of those losses were because of Ole Miss, MSU, Tennessee and Vandy.

So shitty a weekend of CFB, that I'm thinking about finding tickets to an 11 AM Alabama game vs. The Littlest High School in Georgia...

Or just play GTA Online all weekend.
Thought about going to the game with my family as well, but then the dumbasses made the homecoming parade start at 7:00AM. Who does that? We'd have to leave at 4:00AM to drive there, park, and be in position to watch the damn thing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thought about going to the game with my family as well, but then the dumbasses made the homecoming parade start at 7:00AM. Who does that? We'd have to leave at 4:00AM to drive there, park, and be in position to watch the damn thing.

holy shit that's early.

If I went, I probably wouldn't get there till 9:30-10:00 AM. 7 AM is no-go territory for me.

Unless they throw out sausage biscuits from the float.

squicken

Alex Scarborough ‏@AlexS_ESPN
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules. Big loss for Alabama.

Alex Scarborough ‏@AlexS_ESPN
Saban on the suspension of Clinton-Dix: “I don’t know for how long this will be, so don’t ask me that.”

Top Bottom