• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 6| Kiffin Named Next AD of Texas

andycapps

I can hook you up with a good friend of mine who's a neighborhood reporter for the DMN if that will help.

I was just there again over the weekend, and it really just reminds me of a larger Atlanta that's more diverse. You have really wealth Sugarloaf-style neighborhoods that are directly bordering less-affluent hispanic areas within city limits.

Lots of fucking driving. Lots of fucking highways.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to the driving. I may stay here at least until the end of this semester for my daughter's sake. Who knows, I may not get an offer but they asked what I made now and said they're confident they can get me a pretty big raise and pay for my move and all. That would be hard to turn down.

Yeah if you know someone that would be cool. My old boss moved there and she was giving me some tips. I guess Grapevine is pretty cheap as well as NW Fort Worth.

Hype is getting official in Evanston.

This is big for NW, this is a programming turning moment for them.

Gameday coming, primetime game, they win Saturday they could turn the corner of just being a B1G school who would upset people but never really in contention.

We shall see.

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 14
Mayrland @ Florida State by 17
Penn State @ Indiana by 4
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 4
Michigan State @ Iowa by 6
Minnesota @ Michigan by 13
Washington State @ California by 4
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 7
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 7
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 4
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 13
Washington @ Stanford by 6

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Hey now, I'm worried.

Had a second interview for that job in Dallas yesterday. They seem to really want me and want me to move there. They're confident they can put together a package I can't turn down. So I guess I may be looking into places in Dallas.

Anybody familiar with the Coppell area? Seems really expensive there. Need to look into cheaper housing than that with good schools.

Housing market (as far as buying, at least) is way up in Dallas right now. Houses in areas with good schools are going to be fairly expensive and only on the market for a few days. Inventory is super low. Had a friend in Flower Mound a few months ago put her house up for sale and she had multiple offers on day 1 and more or less had it sold by day 2 or 3 and she was not an exception.

Where will you actually be working? You say Dallas but the areas you are mentioning (Grapevine, NW Fort Worth) make me think you're going to be a decent distance west of that.

Milchjon

HaHa Clinton-Dix

HaHa Clinton-Dix

HaHa Clinton-Dix

By far the most amazing name I've ever heard.

Although I've always had a soft spot for Hughtavious Mingo.

clav

Hype is getting official in Evanston.

Expectations for the game:

1. A loss. Northwestern football does not play well in October. I still have bad memories of 2005 Michigan (homecoming), 2006 Michigan State (homecoming), 2008 Indiana (away), and 2008 Ohio State (at home). I attended all the home games, and those losses still hurt. The last Ohio State game was not an October game, and NU fans did expect a delusional victory.

2. Gameday coverage. Finally ESPN talks about Northwestern as opposed the SEC.

3. Metallica third down music bit (For Whom the Bell Tolls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg92QpjRcJk) from both the band and stadium speaker when Ohio State is on offense. Defense consistently cannot get off the field, and this song will be burned in your head.

4. Lee Corso trolls the Northwestern fanbase with a Buckeye head at the end. Lots of booing to end the GameDay morning cast.

5. Braxton Miller: 300-400 yards with 5 TDs. Secondary will get replaced for Wisconsin game.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
HaHa Clinton-Dix

HaHa Clinton-Dix

HaHa Clinton-Dix

By far the most amazing name I've ever heard.

Although I've always had a soft spot for Hughtavious Mingo.

Never heard of Hughtavious, but had heard of Barkevius, though a cursory search turns up that Hughtavious is Barkevius' brother.

Tech just extended an offer to a guy named Terrell Clinkscales.

andycapps

This is big for NW, this is a programming turning moment for them.

Gameday coming, primetime game, they win Saturday they could turn the corner of just being a B1G school who would upset people but never really in contention.

We shall see.

You're trying too hard

Housing market (as far as buying, at least) is way up in Dallas right now. Houses in areas with good schools are going to be fairly expensive and only on the market for a few days. Inventory is super low. Had a friend in Flower Mound a few months ago put her house up for sale and she had multiple offers on day 1 and more or less had it sold by day 2 or 3 and she was not an exception.

Where will you actually be working? You say Dallas but the areas you are mentioning (Grapevine, NW Fort Worth) make me think you're going to be a decent distance west of that.

If I moved, the job is in Coppell.

1. A loss. Northwestern football does not play well in October. I still have bad memories of 2005 Michigan (homecoming), 2006 Michigan State (homecoming), 2008 Indiana (away), and 2008 Ohio State (at home). I attended all the home games, and those losses still hurt. The last Ohio State game was not an October game, and NU fans did expect a delusional victory.

3. Metallica third down music bit (For Whom the Bell Tolls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg92QpjRcJk) from both the band and stadium speaker when Ohio State is on offense. Defense consistently cannot get off the field, and this song will be burned in your head.

What do expect for the crowd split? Do you think Northwestern can stop us from stuffing the stadium?

cashman

Banned
Hey now, I'm worried.

Had a second interview for that job in Dallas yesterday. They seem to really want me and want me to move there. They're confident they can put together a package I can't turn down. So I guess I may be looking into places in Dallas.

Anybody familiar with the Coppell area? Seems really expensive there. Need to look into cheaper housing than that with good schools.

Coppell is pretty nice.

I don't know much about the housing market, but I think you can still get a nice house out in Frisco or Allen for a good price.

Maybe try Flower mound for a closer option. I think it might be cheaper then Coppell and they have really good schools.

Talon

4. Lee Corso trolls the Northwestern fanbase with a Buckeye head at the end. Lots of booing to end the GameDay morning cast.

5. Braxton Miller: 300-400 yards with 5 TDs. Secondary will get replaced for Wisconsin game.
Pretty much how I feel.

I'm worried about the weather. Forecast looks wet on Saturday, and the turf at Ryan Field has always looked really shitty to me. I'm concerned not just about the game, but also about the potential for injuries.

clav

I'm worried about the weather. Forecast looks wet on Saturday, and the turf at Ryan Field has always looked really shitty to me. I'm concerned not just about the game, but also about the potential for injuries.

The turf at Ryan Field is different as the grass is higher/rougher than other stadiums' grasses are.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
8th person information from TD, which is from BamaOnline (derptown) about HCD:

I am gonna pass along what I was just told. looking like 3 games for haha and everyone else has been cleared. impermissible benefits for haha.This is way better than he was thinking last night... my source is a player.

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 12
Maryland @ Florida State by 20
Penn State @ Indiana by 7
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 4
Michigan State @ Iowa by 4
Minnesota @ Michigan by 14
Washington State @ California by 6
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 10
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 10
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 21
Washington @ Stanford by 4

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Coppell is pretty nice.

I don't know much about the housing market, but I think you can still get a nice house out in Frisco or Allen for a good price.

Maybe try Flower mound for a closer option. I think it might be cheaper then Coppell and they have really good schools.

Flower Mound is pretty much the same deal as Coppell. FM is where the friend from my previous example lived. Frisco and Allen are nice but that would be a bear of a commute.

Coming from out of town I think the lack of inventory is going to be the biggest challenge. There are some cheaper houses to be had but they go real quick these days. You may want to come down on a weekend to check out houses and everything you picked out to look at from Wednesday or before could be gone with half of those on Thursday or later..

Bedford or Hurst could be good alternatives from what I hear. Don't spend much time in the areas myself.

AntoneM

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 10
Mayrland @ Florida State by 17
Penn State @ Indiana by 9
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 9
Michigan State @ Iowa by 11
Minnesota @ Michigan by 17
Washington State @ California by 6
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 6
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 11
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 11
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 17

Talon

Really what I expect is Ohio State to play down to our level for the first half, maybe keep it a one score game going into the half.

Then OSU scores at will the rest of the way and wins in a laughter.

Draxal

Really what I expect is Ohio State to play down to our level for the first half, maybe keep it a one score game going into the half.

I expect you to beat OSU and have a perfect record until the title game which you lose. Then Fitz goes to USC.

Draxal

Hey, man. Just 'cause I teased you about Rutgers two years ago.

Nah, I empathize with you. NW seems to have the same disease Rutgers has when it trips itself when it seems everything is going great, causing its fan base to be bitter and jaded.

Quake1028

UCLA by 14
Florida State by 11
Penn State by 7
Virginia Tech by 4
Michigan State by 4
Michigan by 7
Washington State by 11
Ole Miss by 4
Vanderbilt by 4
Notre Dame by 4
Ohio State by 11
Stanford by 4

Schmitty

you people are crazy picking indiana over penn state. penn state has never lost to indiana since joining the big ten (which includes the seasons from 2000-2003 where they were lucky to win 3 games -- one of which PSU lost to Iowa 6-4!)

pxleyes

Banned
(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 6
Mayrland @ Florida State by 4
Penn State @ Indiana by 6
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 7
Minnesota @ Michigan by 14
Washington State @ California by 14
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 9
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 10
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 4
Washington @ Stanford by 4/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In memorium of Josh Freeman's release:

2n223.gif

That 2009 NFL draft class of QBs doesn't look too great.

Talon

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 8
Mayrland @ Florida State by 6
Penn State @ Indiana by 3
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 17
Minnesota @ Michigan by 12
Washington State @ California by 3
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 4
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 6
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 3
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 13

That last one's for you, cdy. You maybe root for a dirty cheating scumbag, but you're my boy!

andycapps

I had no clue you were a Northwestern fan. Or that Northwestern had fans.

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 10
Maryland @ Florida State by 14
Penn State @ Indiana by 3
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 10
Minnesota @ Michigan by 12
Washington State @ California by 3
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 4
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 6
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 5
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 5
Washington @ Stanford by 7