• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 6| Kiffin Named Next AD of Texas

LosDaddie

Banned
FSU's first game against a not-horrible team this season, and ESPN fucks me by forcing it in the noon time slot. I work my part-time this weekend and don't get off until 7pm (at the latest).

I hoped that maybe 2 undefeated & ranked ACC teams may garner a 3:30pm time. :|

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 24
Mayrland @ Florida State by 3
Penn State @ Indiana by 4
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 7
Michigan State @ Iowa by 10
Minnesota @ Michigan by 14
Washington State @ California by 2
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 10
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 1
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 3
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 17
Washington @ Stanford by 20

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This is just sad:

bvknjtwcyaahmp0.jpg

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So Mack Brown had Texas sideline reported (and former player) fired today. or forced resigned.

This is after a rumored nasty call to Earl Campbell and a definite nasty call to Brian Jones.

Fuck you Mack. Just go away with class.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So Mack Brown had Texas sideline reported (and former player) fired today. or forced resigned.

This is after a rumored nasty call to Earl Campbell and a definite nasty call to Brian Jones.

I bet he gets another year. Until Deloss is gone.

Whats boils my blood even more is that Mack didn't have enough sense of decency to call Earl himself. He heard about Earls comments, and instead of talking to him man to man ( or better yet, just letting it go ) he has one of his minions gripe at Earl for him. The great Earl Campbell who has done more for the University of Texas than Mack ever will.

Also, after Earl's comments, Mack reluctantly mentioned Earl is "Always welcomed at this University" which is great because we all know Mack is the sole decider on which legacies are allowed to come back on campus. If Earl wasn't one of our greatest players in history, Mack would have surely said "Fuck off, you're not a friend of the program".

The longer Mack stays, the uglier his exit will be.

A QB turned safety? Surprised Mack didn't recruit him

desh

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 10
Maryland @ Florida State by 4
Penn State @ Indiana by 7
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 4
Michigan State @ Iowa by 4
Washington State @ California by 6
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 7
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 10
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 11
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 4
Washington @ Stanford by 4

xeris

THU) UCLA @ Utah by 14
Maryland @ Florida State by 4
Penn State @ Indiana by 7
Washington State @ California by 14
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 7
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 7
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 10

I think you can relax a bit. I have a couple family members that are pretty well-connected with this ongoing battle, and they say the Texas Monthly piece is way late to the party, and the matter at hand is pretty well decided now. I've been hearing about this shit for a couple years now. Apparently, to those in-the-know, conventional wisdom indicates that Perry lost and has made himself a lame duck, Powers, for the most part, won. Perry's chief toady on the Texas BoR is looking down the barrel of impeachment. Powers has the momentum firmly on his side now.

It was a pretty terrible episode though, and things were definitely shaky for Powers even as recent as 6-8 months ago, but the power he was threatened with losing has been mostly re-consolidated.

A&M was in a real tough spot too, as they have far more Perry toadies on thier BoR that were more than willing to toe the line and turn the state universities into a Degrees-R-Us bargain retail program. The combination of vocal resistance of some outspoken A&M professors, and the thought that since Texas wasn't going along quietly, "our academic standing will be left in their trail of dust if they escape while we go along with this nutty scheme" was enough to seemingly slow the momentum there.

For our part, Texas Tech, for once, actually enjoyed being the state university that the state government was kinda forgetting about, and spent the whole time plugging along on their heavy emphasis on new research programs. Sometimes it's good to be that school way out in Weat Texas.

It seems Houston, the other newly-designated National Research University
enjoyed being forgotten about as well.

Texas State and some of the others were never really affected, because they are closest to the model that Perry was talking about right now with their heavy focus on undergraduate education and modest research projects.

Sad that the rumors about Babers (the Longhorns sideline reporter) from a couple weeks ago were more or less true.

The best way to keep your sideline reporters from saying negative things is by fixing the fucking problems with the FOOTBALL TEAM, Mack. Not creating more disgusting Bill Little-type "yes" men to erect an ever-thicker wall of bullshit around you.

Jay Sosa

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 10
Maryland @ Florida State by 12
Penn State @ Indiana by 1
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 9
Michigan State @ Iowa by 3
Minnesota @ Michigan by 2
Washington State @ California by 7
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 1
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 6
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 4
Washington @ Stanford by 6

Draxal

So Draxal - I'm pro changing the alma mater.

Reason: It pisses off the blowhards that compose the Rutgers alum base.

I honestly really couldn't care that they changed it at all.

I knew about teh change and some people were salty about it, but I didn't know it was still going on.

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 10
Maryland @ Florida State by 7
Penn State @ Indiana by 4
Minnesota @ Michigan by 17
Washington State @ California by 4
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 7
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 7
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 10
Washington @ Stanford by 17

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 13
Mayrland @ Florida State by 15
Penn State @ Indiana by 10
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 8
Minnesota @ Michigan by 10
Washington State @ California by 4
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 10
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 6
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 10
Washington @ Stanford by 10

Garryk

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 14
Mayrland @ Florida State by 11
Penn State @ Indiana by 10
North Carolina @ Virginia Tech by 14
Minnesota @ Michigan by 6
Washington State @ California by 10
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 6
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 4
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 6
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 9

Presidents Cup is the best thing to happen ever! We get to leave work at 3pm next 2 days because theyre using our lot as a shuttle lot.yeeeeeeeeeees

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently there are only 5 teams that haven't trailed at all this season - #4 Ohio State, #7 Louisville, #14 Miami, #15 Washington, and #20 Texas Tech.

Talon

They should lure Ohio State fans onto that tourist trap and then set it adrift.

Love you, Bert and Buck!

They should lure Ohio State fans onto that tourist trap and then set it adrift.

Love you, Bert and Buck!

Navy pier is maybe the single most overrated "attraction" i have ever been to. Hey heres a building with some shit in it, oh and theres kids EVERYWHERE.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
UCLA @ Utah by 12
Mayrland @ Florida State by 18
Penn State @ Indiana by 6
Michigan State @ Iowa by 7
Minnesota @ Michigan by 5
Washington State @ California by 6
Ole Miss @ Auburn by 6
Missouri @ Vanderbilt by 4
Arizona State vs Notre Dame by 9
Ohio State @ Northwestern by 7
Washington @ Stanford by 10

Hey man, I can't help it. CBS game of the week, new jerseys, big stadium with a bunch of hillbillies in it, and a great football team. That's spells upset to me. I'm glad I don't have to pick this game this week.

Trying too hard, man.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I still think we'll have to wait until at least after the OU game.

I find it hard to believe that they'd actually fire him in the middle of the season. The most I expect could happen is one of those "retiring at the end of the season" type messages.

A hurricane is forecasted to be just off-shore somewhere between east Louisiana and the Florida panhandle this Saturday. Maybe our military school's wont be the only ones having to postpone/cancel their football games.

cashman

Banned
I find it hard to believe that they'd actually fire him in the middle of the season. The most I expect could happen is one of those "retiring at the end of the season" type messages.

If the OU beat down is bad enough, then I definitely think we'll get a "retire at the end of the season" announcement.

Talon

Navy pier is maybe the single most overrated "attraction" i have ever been to. Hey heres a building with some shit in it, oh and theres kids EVERYWHERE.
It's a tourist trap exclusively for Wisconsinites and Ohioans.

Why do you think we make it so hard to get there?

Westonian

Posting my Thursday night pick. I'm on my phone and will be on a plane till after the game starts.

(THU) UCLA @ Utah by 13

Getting nervous about Friday night's game against Utah State. I really don't want to be the Vanderbilt of Utah.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ha Ha suspended? And his backup is injured?

At least Bama doesn't play anybody for the next 5 weeks.

Getting nervous about Friday night's game against Utah State. I really don't want to be the Vanderbilt of Utah.

It could be worse, you could be the Tennessee of Utah.

andycapps

Trying too hard, man.

Hey now, I'm worried.

Had a second interview for that job in Dallas yesterday. They seem to really want me and want me to move there. They're confident they can put together a package I can't turn down. So I guess I may be looking into places in Dallas.

Anybody familiar with the Coppell area? Seems really expensive there. Need to look into cheaper housing than that with good schools.

Talon

Hey now, I'm worried.

Had a second interview for that job in Dallas yesterday. They seem to really want me and want me to move there. They're confident they can put together a package I can't turn down. So I guess I may be looking into places in Dallas.

Anybody familiar with the Coppell area? Seems really expensive there. Need to look into cheaper housing than that with good schools.
I can hook you up with a good friend of mine who's a neighborhood reporter for the DMN if that will help.

I was just there again over the weekend, and it really just reminds me of a larger Atlanta that's more diverse. You have really wealth Sugarloaf-style neighborhoods that are directly bordering less-affluent hispanic areas within city limits.

Lots of fucking driving. Lots of fucking highways.

Top Bottom