• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

I made an "Atlanta hasn't been this destroyed since Sherman" comment in the NFL topic. Seems like they didn't pay attention in history classes.

Well if the guys in the NFL thread went to college they would be in this thread instead like the rest of educated America.

Subitai

I made an "Atlanta hasn't been this destroyed since Sherman" comment in the NFL topic. Seems like they didn't pay attention in history classes.
:jnc
sherman.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Schmitty

[IMGhttp://imageshack.us/a/img827/7106/wsureal.jpg[/IMG]
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbk7ujGKjPaP7Ox8GTmqzbJaghXLeAOpbQ4T2-UMU5v4JD1k4s[/IMG
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img845/24/wsufake.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I know, but its still funny

bachikarn

Missouri @ Georgia by 4
Oklahoma vs Texas by 21
Indiana @ Michigan State by 4
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 7
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 7
Syracuse @ NC State by 7
Oregon @ Washington by 28
Michigan @ Penn State by 4
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 4
Boise State @ Utah State by 7
Oregon State @ Washington State by 7

Anyone think Georgia can win without Gurley III?

Also, is Oklahoma that much better than Texas?

I may be new to CFB, but from what I have seen Oklahoma are not more than 2 TDs better than Texas. Oklahoma don't seem to score many points and were struggling for the first half on the weekend.

Also, does the neutral ground favour either team more, or is it truly neutral?

Case McCoy can't throw a ball 15 yards, and it will lead to a bunch of 3 and outs. Our defense should be winded by the middle of the second quarter, and unless the OU offense shits the bed, I would be surprised if we are only 21 behind at half.

And yes, on most years the game is truly neutral. Its damn near equidistant between Norman and Austin.

9wGijuN.jpg

The orange side will probably be a bit smaller this year.

I can't recommend going to the game enough. It takes place in the middle of the State Fair, you will have food that you didn't think could and probably shouldn't be deep fried, and forgetting how many damn tickets you have when you just want to ride the probably super dangerous swinging ride.

There is nothing more satisfying then walking out of the stadium and back into the fair after a win.

Also, go to the bar area in Dallas the Friday before. I can't remember for the life of me what its called, but super fun.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 4m
Jadeveon Clowney says he is questionable to play this weekend vs. Arkansas. Hear him speaking NOW on SC.

Questionable till Draft Day!

andycapps

Damn son

Atlanta sports is pretty bad right now. Julio going down tanks the Falcons season. I think at this point they start cutting people that they don't think have long term value and trade for draft picks. Season is over already. Might as well go for a top 5 draft pick.

cdyhybrid

I hope it does and it becomes a distraction :)

Eh, if they can't get focused for this game they deserve to lose. There could be a war breaking out on campus and they still had better be able to focus on the game.

David Shaw is gonna end up making me root for Oregon when they play Stanford if this goes on for much longer. I hate him even more for that.

Mark Richt has lost control of Pac-12 football.

Karakand

"I did not order the burning of the city [of Columbia, SC], but I am not sorry that it happened."

andycapps

Michael Bennett had successful arthroscopic surgery on his knee today and is expected back "at some point this season."

cdyhybrid

Bored on a slow Tuesday afternoon at work? I bring you some light-hearted entertainment.

First, watch in awe as Stanford's #49 starts to get up after a play, and as soon as ESPN cuts away, gets shot by the DC sniper (from his jail cell) and goes down in so much pain he can't even take his face off the turf. However, the All-World Stanford medical staff manages to completely dissipate this crippling pain in the short amount of time covered by one play! Incredible!

Next, All-Madden LB (and self-described tough guy) Shayne Skov has a teammate graze his leg while falling down. Although this grievous injury would incapacitate any mere mortal, Skov is such a warrior that he continues running after the play as if nothing happened. Unfortunately, the pain becomes too much to bear, and Skov requires 30 seconds of assistance from trainers on the field, as he (all of a sudden) can't even keep his body from writhing in pain on the field. The incredible training staff manages to cure this crippling ailment on the field, and Skov is able to jog off the field no worse for the wear before coming back in at 100% two plays later.

Will these heroes of the training table come across an injury they can't remedy in less time than it takes to put on a poncho? Find out in our next edition of Shaw's Anatomy, live from Stanford Stadium Thursday 11/7 at 7:00PT, only on ESPN.

cashman

Banned
Bored on a slow Tuesday afternoon at work? I bring you some light-hearted entertainment.

First, watch in awe as Stanford's #49 starts to get up after a play, and as soon as ESPN cuts away, gets shot by the DC sniper (from his jail cell) and goes down in so much pain he can't even take his face off the turf. However, the All-World Stanford medical staff manages to completely dissipate this crippling pain in the short amount of time covered by one play! Incredible!

Next, All-Madden LB (and self-described tough guy) Shayne Skov has a teammate graze his leg while falling down. Although this grievous injury would incapacitate any mere mortal, Skov is such a warrior that he continues running after the play as if nothing happened. Unfortunately, the pain becomes too much to bear, and Skov requires 30 seconds of assistance from trainers on the field, as he (all of a sudden) can't even keep his body from writhing in pain on the field. The incredible training staff manages to cure this crippling ailment on the field, and Skov is able to jog off the field no worse for the wear before coming back in at 100% two plays later.

Will these heroes of the training table come across an injury they can't remedy in less time than it takes to put on a poncho? Find out in our next edition of Shaw's Anatomy, live from Stanford Stadium Thursday 11/7 at 7:00PT, only on ESPN.

Looks like the UW QB also faked an injury. UW looks just as bad as Stanford here.

edit: Except the UW QB didn't miss any plays at all. Way worse than what Stanford did.

cdyhybrid

Looks like the UW QB also faked an injury. UW looks just as bad as Stanford here.

Yes, our QB faked an injury in the 4th quarter while we were driving easily on the defense to draw within 3 points with only a few minutes left in the game. Him taking a play off would be key in maintaining the momentum generated during that drive. Unfortunately, he didn't sell it quite well enough because he never missed a play.

He even went as far as missing some throws later in the game to simulate the fake injury affecting his grip.

cashman

Banned
Yes, our QB faked an injury in the 4th quarter while we were driving easily on the defense to draw within 3 points with only a few minutes left in the game. Him taking a play off would be key in maintaining the momentum generated during that drive. Unfortunately, he didn't sell it quite well enough because he never missed a play.

He even went as far as missing some throws later in the game to simulate the fake injury affecting his grip.

Unbelievable. Sark is completely shameless.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

It's going to be hilarious when a UW defender cramps up against Oregon and misses a play or two in the 4th quarter on Saturday. I wonder what Husky fans(and Sark) will say then?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

This post is 100% bitterness free.

cdyhybrid

It's going to be hilarious when a UW defender cramps up against Oregon and misses a play or two in the 4th quarter on Saturday. I wonder what Husky fans(and Sark) will say then?

I didn't see any cramps in there. In 100% of the cramping cases I've seen in my time watching football, they're stretched out on the field. None of that here.

And if UW can't defend Oregon straight up after practicing against an offense that's just as potent all spring/summer/fall, they deserve to lose. It would just be unfortunate because it would mean that Justin Wilcox isn't worthy of taking over at HC once Sark goes to USC.

This post is 100% bitterness free.

If they need to fake injuries to beat a team that's been 7-6 the last three years, that's fine - do what you have to do. Just don't act like someone accused you of rape when you get called out on it, especially when you have a history of doing it.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't see any cramps in there. In 100% of the cramping cases I've seen in my time watching football, they're stretched out on the field. None of that here.
So "faking" cramps would be acceptable?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
More acceptable than this. I can suspend my disbelief enough to buy a fake cramp. All I'm saying is do a better job of selling it, and don't be so defensive about it. Own that shit.

You're just setting up excuses for when your team does it and gets called out.

cashman

Banned
Missouri @ Georgia by 10
Oklahoma vs Texas by 45
Indiana @ Michigan State by 4
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 7
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 4
Syracuse @ NC State by 4
Oregon @ Washington by 10
Michigan @ Penn State by 17
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 4
Boise State @ Utah State by 8
Oregon State @ Washington State by 6

Find it quite amusing that the national media is going off about our easy schedule. The same people who were voting Oregon number 1 last season where their best win was against a 7-6 USC team.

Im not arguing out schedule isnt crap (thanks B1G), but the double standard is amusing.

Find it quite amusing that the national media is going off about ur easy schedule. The same people who were voting Oregon number 1 last season where their best win was against a 7-6 Oregon team.

Im not arguing out schedule isnt crap (thanks B1G), but the double standard is amusing.
Our schedule is most definitely crap, but if we win 24 straight games, that's still an incredible achievement.

Honestly, I'm more annoyed by the suggestion that our schedule is intentionally shitty.

mcgruber

Case McCoy can't throw a ball 15 yards, and it will lead to a bunch of 3 and outs. Our defense should be winded by the middle of

9wGijuN.jpg

The orange side will probably be a bit smaller this year.

I can't recommend going to the game enough. It takes place in the middle of the State Fair, you will have food that you didn't think could and probably shouldn't be deep fried, and forgetting how many damn tickets you have when you just want to ride the probably super dangerous swinging ride.

There is nothing more satisfying then walking out of the stadium and back into the fair after a win.

Also, go to the bar area in Dallas the Friday before. I can't remember for the life of me what its called, but super fun.

Recommendations for the state fair? Any must have foods or things to do?

Top Bottom