• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

Penn St and Michigan certainly aren't out of the reach of bad juju. Bad juju is powerful stuff. Ask Clemson. They have a fan who books a hotel for the National Championship every year after four games.

Listen, we're not a mid major like them. This is what we do, win out and get destroyed in bowl game

Also penn st and Michigan. LOL

andycapps

I love the headline on ESPN: Missouri stuns No. 7 Georgia.

Should read: undefeated team stuns over-rated 1 loss team.
Over rated? I assume South Carolina and LSU are too.

Also, I wouldn't really call it stunning either. We're missing our top three receivers and top two running backs. That's more like Mizzou beat UGA's walking wounded. Feel bad about Franklin though.

Talon

McShay badmouthing AJ's arm as he's throwing 20 yard darts back to back :lol
He throws intermediate darts, but those deep throws flutter a bit.

That last deep pass last quarter, the receiver had two steps on the DB but had to jump back to retrieve the ball.

Anyways, his dumbass chest tattoo.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He throws intermediate darts, but those deep throws flutter a bit.

That last deep pass last quarter, the receiver had two steps on the DB but had to jump back to retrieve the ball.

Anyways, lol college QBs.

He's still got great completion % on deep throws, but those count more on the WR talent, than arm strength.

TS-08

Over rated? I assume South Carolina and LSU are too.

Also, I wouldn't really call it stunning either. We're missing our top three receivers and top two running backs. That's more like Mizzou beat UGA's walking wounded. Feel bad about Franklin though.

Maybe, but we lost our best defensive player in the second quarter and Franklin with the game separated by two points. In fact, we didn't score any points in the second half until Franklin got hurt. And your o-line was healthy, but that didn't stop them from getting worked.

Talon

He's still got great completion % on deep throws, but those count more on the WR talent, than arm strength.
It helps to have Cooper adjusting to those throws so easily.

Anyways, he's okay. I think it's fair to say that Saban has just about maximized his abilities.

Do y'all have a stud QB in the wings next year? Sorta would've liked to have seen Jameis at Bama - just to see what Saban would do with a talent like that.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It helps to have Cooper adjusting to those throws so easily.

Anyways, he's okay. I think it's fair to say that Saban has just about maximized his abilities.

Do y'all have a stud QB in the wings next year? Sorta would've liked to have seen Jameis at Bama - just to see what Saban would do with a talent like that.
No. You're about to see our probable starting QB for next year: Blake Sims.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Cooper Bateman's in that 4/5 star category, and I think Luke Del Rio could grade at a low 4 star. Alec Morris and Parker Macloed is a 3 star, and the backup Blake Sims, is a runningback.

Cornwell's commited for this upcoming signing class, and Ricky Town for the next signing class. Both are in the 5 star/top 3 QB range.

None of them are dual threat, they're all pocket QB's (except for Blake Sims)

mre

Cooper Bateman's in that 4/5 star category, and I think Luke Del Rio could grade at a low 4 star. Alec Morris and Parker Macloed is a 3 star, and the backup Blake Sims, is a runningback.

Cornwell's commited for this upcoming signing class, and Ricky Town for the next signing class. Both are in the 5 star/top 3 QB range.

None of them are dual threat, they're all pocket QB's (except for Blake Sims)

Didn't Cornwell blow out his knee?

Talon

Oh right, Luke Del Rio. He turned down a scholly from Okie State to walk-on right? Did they give him scholarship yet?

no clue, don't keep up with day to day going ons in high school football. He's a year from even potentially seeing the field, odds are 2-3 years.

I think there's a decent chance our starting QB next year is currently playing highschool ball at Denton High. I could definitely see him being 2nd string behind Ash, and if Ash's concussions keep re-occurring, he could be our guy.

mre

Oh right, Luke Del Rio. He turned down a scholly from Okie State to walk-on right? Did they give him scholarship yet?
No, but he is our confirmed third-string QB already.
no clue, don't keep up with day to day going ons in high school football. He's a year from even potentially seeing the field, odds are 2-3 years.
I know he injured it, I just don't know how bad it was: http://newsok.com/norman-north-keep...y-tyler-sipe-back-at-practice/article/3891216

Haha a Texas State player was flagged for putting his hands together to display the popular gloves logo after a TD. We see all the players do that in promo shots for uniforms but if it's a flaggable offense maybe they should pose differently.

Talon

I like Brock Huard as an analyst.

Oregon, Clemson, and FSU are clearly better than last year.

Bama's a work in progress. LSU might be better on offense but much worse on D. Georgia and SC are worse.

tOSU might have been better last year but hard to tell because they'll hardly play anyone the rest of the way.

It's a long ass season obviously, but I've been most impressed with Oregon of any of the top teams. Next four weeks will be very telling.

Top Bottom