• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

Meier

I just can't see him being the culprit because it completely destroyed his trade value. Why would Schiano do that? I'm more inclined to believe it was someone out of Freeman's camp. He's getting paid twice in this situation and got to essentially choose where he wanted to go rather than to have to go to a team that would trade for him.

Schmitty

HOLY SHIT 4OT goddamn my hair is gray! Both Mich and PSU kept trying to lose. Highlights don't do justice to all those turnovers and missed kicks.

Those are the games that make seasons when you don't go to bowl games.

Edit: it would be interesting to see a count who picked the upsets this week (Stanford, PSU, Mizzou, Texas)

Edit 2: lol spelled count wrong
beloved aunt

jakncoke

Banned
Keep forgetting that Mariota is still 19 years old. For those that didn't watch today - he OWNED the field against a very good Washington defense (3rd in the nation coming in).

One Man Clinic

Heisman-worthy?

Saying it again - he's the #1 draft pick to the Jags/LA future.

I think the prospects of La to get Jacksonville are pretty low with the recent stadium lease. Khan if im reading this correctly would have to pay a penalty of between 150 and 200 million for remaining stadium rent and lost revenue

ag-my001

Did not see the second half of the Aggie game. Probably good for my blood pressure that I didn't. I thought this could be one of the games our defense could lose for us, and we were a 4th and 7 away from that happening. I'm highly doubtful about the LSU game, and I'm slightly concerned about the Auburn game now.

Draxal

I do not see an incentive for Schiano to leak the news about Freeman.

Unlike Kyle Flood, Schiano has some smarts.

Eh, everything about Schiano screamed abrasive asshole. Rutgers 9.99 keep on mentioning that Anthony Davis wouldn't go back to Rutgers at all ... until Schiano left and he's now our biggest fan.

Westonian

Associated Press Top 25
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. Florida State
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. Louisville
9. UCLA
10. Miami (Fla.)
11. South Carolina
12. Baylor
13. Stanford
14. Missouri
15. Georgia
16. Texas Tech
17. Fresno State
18. Oklahoma
19. Virginia Tech
20. Washington
21. Oklahoma State
22. Florida
23. Northern Illinois
24. Auburn
25. Wisconsin

Others Receiving Votes: Michigan (5-1) 118; Nebraska (5-1) 94; Michigan State (5-1) 69; Utah (4-2) 47; Notre Dame (4-2) 39; Oregon State (5-1) 21; UCF (4-1) 19; Texas (4-2) 16; Northwestern (4-2) 7; Arizona State (4-2) 7; Houston (5-0) 3; Rutgers (4-2) 1

ag-my001

Very surprised we moved up to #7, though I suppose struggling with Ole Miss is looked on more favorably than struggling with Rutgers.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Not just beating, absolutely dominating them. They've looked way more impressive than Bama so far.

They'll be #1 once Bama loses. Give it a few weeks, I don't have any faith this Bama team is consistent enough to win out, and barring a 2011 situation with everyone else blowing it I don't think a 1 loss SEC champ is in the title game.

Assuming Oregon beats Stanford (and they should) it's probably going to be Oregon and Ohio State or Clemson/FSU if they are undefeated.

Anybody looks impressive playing high school teams. TAMU is way better than anybody that Oregon has played so far.

Washington is better than A&M, I think.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
They'll be #1 once Bama loses. Give it a few weeks, I don't have any faith this Bama team is consistent enough to win out, and barring a 2011 situation with everyone else blowing it I don't think a 1 loss SEC champ is in the title game.

Assuming Oregon beats Stanford (and they should) it's probably going to be Oregon and Ohio State or the Clemson/FSU if they are undefeated.

Washington is better than A&M, I think.

U Dub's defense is by far better than A&M, but A&M's offense is Manziels better than U Dub's.

Westonian

Coaches Poll
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. Florida State
6. Louisville
7. Texas A&M
8. LSU
9. South Carolina
10. UCLA
11. Miami (Fla.)
12. Baylor
13. Stanford
14. Missouri
15. Texas Tech
16. Georgia
17. Oklahoma State
18. Oklahoma
19. Fresno State
20. Virginia Tech
21. Nebraska
22. Florida
23. Northern Illinois
24. Michigan
25. Washington

Others Receiving Votes: Wisconsin (4-2) 124; Michigan State (5-1) 83; Auburn (5-1) 67; Notre Dame (4-2) 60; Oregon State (5-1) 23; Texas (4-2) 23; UCF (4-1) 22; Northwestern (4-2) 19; Utah (4-2) 18; Arizona State (4-2) 13; Houston (5-0) 6; Boise State (4-2) 3; Ole Miss (3-3) 2

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If you have a running focused offensive line, you are going to give A&M a game. A&M's interior defensive line is shit.

Shit, last night they were torn up by passing as well.

yeah, their best d-lineman was injured before the game, sounds like he's out for the year. Then it sounds like their best DB got injured in the game, and didn't come back.

All that, on top of "they were pretty shit with those 2 guys", doesn't help.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CyKosLaP_zpsb328e106.gif

Not sure if this is still legal anymore, CK (the LT)

Top Bottom