• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

mcgruber

Texas A&M lost? when did this happen? lol

according to aggy, no they were hosed by the refs.

see: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/19/4856666/johnny-manziel-horse-collar-tackle

sbn comments said:
Sumlin can’t say it but it was obvious from the first play of the game that the fix was in by the NCAA and SEC that Texas A&M would not be allowed to win this game. The referees purposely missed multiple calls against Auburn’s defense to give them every advantage possible. First play of the game blatant pass interference on Evans no call. Last drive before the obvious horse collar tackle another blatant pass interference in the end zone on Evans and he still almost caught the ball. This has been happening every game. The NCAA is pissed they couldn’t punish Manziel more so they are making sure that he is not in the running for another Heisman. I don’t mind getting beat if everything is on the up and up but it is pretty obvious that wasn’t the case in this game.

nvm the ref defending manziel and preventing him from talking so he didn't throw a flag.

and i think the halo rule is still a thing....

MIMIC

Banned
Just got home from the game:

This is the best the offense has looked all season, they had the ball for 22 of the 30 minutes in the 2nd half, impressive.
Braxton seems to be back to his old self and the play calling was great.
Carlos Hyde is a beast

The defense played shit the 2nd half, and was embarrassing to watch a bad iowa offense have their way with them. Luckily they stepped it up a bit in the 2nd.

That targeting call was the biggest load of shit I have ever seen. If guys are going to get ejected to hit their shoulder against someone else shoulder then we really need to look at the rule again.

On to the next one though, lets make it 20-0

Nah :)

I knew he was gone as soon as it happened.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I think the interfering with a player's ability to catch a kick is only called if they don't, in fact, catch the kick. It was a controversial call in the Bama-ND game last year.

Karl2177

I hope we don't score a single point this game. That way when the team gets back to Ames, we can hang Messingham by the testicles from the Campanile.

Pimpwerx

Just read the rules. Halo rule was changed to offer a 1yd buffer IN FRONT of the returner. No wonder guys have been crowding the returners. They've been doing it from the sides. Seems pretty pointless, but whatever. PEACE.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Only bad thing that has happened this entire weekend in Morgantown: been waiting 2.5 hours for a cab at our hotel. Luckily we've run into some Tech fans smoking some meat on the patio to pass the time. WVU fans continue to be unbelievably nice.

Just read (because I can't let it go) that we are only next year returning to having a full roster of 85 players. Hasn't been full since 2010. Awesome.

MrJames

Just read (because I can't let it go) that we are only next year returning to having a full roster of 85 players. Hasn't been full since 2010. Awesome.

Yep, Muschamp made the mistake of letting everyone go that didn't want to be a part of the program. Most of the last class Meyer brought in left leaving Florida with around 55-60 scholarship players.

most ACC schools would be pumped for a top 5 matchup

except miami...

Most ACC schools could only dream. But Virginia Tech and FSU crowds represent themselves well.

On the flipside, I tuned in late to the North Carolina/Miami game the other night in Chapel Hill when Miami was driving and Carolina was leading. That crowd was dead.

Enfinit

Rashad Greene with that throwback Deion Sanders trash talk to the Clemson crowd.

Best moment of the night so far.

254449fee4.png

Top Bottom