• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 9| Low-class football

I find it amusing that FSU needs to cheer hard for Florida and Miami to win out, except when playing them. Outside of UF turning its season around, we may be the death knell to an FSU title hope even if we don't beat them.

The only silver lining besides finding a way to beat UGA.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I find it amusing that FSU needs to cheer hard for Florida and Miami to win out, except when playing them. Outside of UF turning its season around, we may be the death knell to an FSU title hope even if we don't beat them.

We need to cheer hard for ourselves to finish out the season. We can't be worrying about anything else. Oregon has a tough schedule going forward. They are far from guaranteed to go undefeated.

pxleyes

Banned
We need to cheer hard for ourselves to finish out the season. We can't be worrying about anything else. Oregon has a tough schedule going forward. They are far from guaranteed to go undefeated.

That's a great thing to tell the team, but I think we all know the truth.

andycapps

I'd be ok with this. I think we all would have a more fun weekend knowing we can just all go 'fuck it all' and get drunk.

Yup, at this point I just don't want any more injuries for players, season is over at this point. Fighting for a shitty bowl. With a scout team game, at least we could see what our future teams may look like.

Meh. I always want every team FSU plays to finish the season 11-1. Why wouldn't I want our wins to look impressive? I don't shed a tear when UF and UM lose, but it doesn't really bother me when they win games against other teams either.

Meh. I always want every team FSU plays to finish the season 11-1. Why wouldn't I want our wins to look impressive? I don't shed a tear when UF and UM lose, but it doesn't really bother me when they win games against other teams either.

The best part of a rivalry is enjoying the suffering of your rival. I love the fact Michigan is 2-8 against us in the last 10 games and the fact they are a running joke. Will it be detrimental to us in the long run if there are 3+ undefeated teams from major conferences at the end? Sure. Likelihood that is going to happen? 1/17 or about 5% based on recent events.

So I'm going to root against Michigan in every facet of live possible. Because that is what being part of a real rivalry is.

So I'm going to root against Michigan in every facet of live possible. Because that is what being part of a real rivalry is.

Meh. As a Michigan fan I honestly couldn't give a squirt of piss about OSU. I know I'm supposed to or whatever, but I honestly just don't give a fuck. As such, they're like every other opponent: want them to finish 11-1 so that my team's SOS is good, just as Obi said.

I would become pretty apathetic too if my program was in the same state as yours and my rival was just beating us down on a regular basis. That is what happens to submissive wives, they just stop caring.

Now would I help a guy bleeding on the street if he was wearing a michigan jersey. Of course, no doubt in my mind. But you better believe there would be a split second of hesitation. Just a split second.

Meh. As a Michigan fan I honestly couldn't give a squirt of piss about OSU. I know I'm supposed to or whatever, but I honestly just don't give a fuck. As such, they're like every other opponent: want them to finish 11-1 so that my team's SOS is good, just as Obi said.

Yep, though when I am watching a game that my rival is in, I still cheer when the fuck up. It's sort of a win-win scenario. If Miami or Florida wins a game, it makes FSU's SOS stronger. If they lose a game, I get to laugh at how stupid they are and gloat about how much they suck. This year's UF-UM game was pretty much the perfect game for an FSU fan to watch. Both of them shit the bed, and Miami won which I prefer since it is another win for the ACC over the SEC.

Jhriad

Hardly. I always wanted Oklahoma to be as good as they could before our games so that if we beat them we really had something to be proud of. There's no real accomplishment in beating garbage teams.

Yep, though when I am watching a game that my rival is in, I still cheer when the fuck up. It's sort of a win-win scenario. If Miami or Florida wins a game, it makes FSU's SOS stronger. If they lose a game, I get to laugh at how stupid they are and gloat about how much they suck. This year's UF-UM game was pretty much the perfect game for an FSU fan to watch. Both of them shit the bed, and Miami won which I prefer since it is another win for the ACC over the SEC.

Haha fucking exactly. Like when OSU lost to Florida in the MNC, I wanted them to win, but LMAO, right? Win/win.

Hardly. I always wanted Oklahoma to be as good as they could before our games so that if we beat them we really had something to be proud of. There's no real accomplishment in beating garbage teams.

IDK im so conflicted on this. 2006 season beating undefeated michigan was sweet, but so was the terrible rich rod years. On one hand I enjoy seeing michigan fail on a weekly basis, on the other hand screwing them out title games/rose bowls are sweet as well.

That's the confidence I love to see in Nole fans. Keep it up!

I'd be ok with this. I think we all would have a more fun weekend knowing we can just all go 'fuck it all' and get drunk.

Yup, at this point I just don't want any more injuries for players, season is over at this point. Fighting for a shitty bowl. With a scout team game, at least we could see what our future teams may look like.

Done. Petition is up.

KingGondo

Banned
(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 4
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 4
Houston @ Rutgers by 4
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 7
Michigan State @ Illinois by 14
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 21
South Carolina @ Missouri by 4
Texas @ TCU by 7
Penn State @ Ohio State by 28
Stanford @ Oregon State by 4

LosDaddie

Banned

Not me. I never cheer for the gatas. I used to back in my younger years, then I realized UF will always be a quality team on FSU's schedule, regardless of their record.

Karakand

Time to update your photo's, Karakand.

Obviously part of that particular macro is mocking ridiculous claims, but the other part of it is showing the utter shamelessness of SEC Have fans when they exploit an SEC Have Not's unusually presentable season to make their program look even better. I feel like the latter aspect, while slightly present in this instance, is not of a similar odiousness to warrant a Camusing.

pxleyes

Banned
Ah rivalries.

oulTM7o.png

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Obviously part of that particular macro is mocking ridiculous claims, but the other part of it is showing the utter shamelessness of SEC Have fans when they exploit an SEC Have Not's unusually presentable season. I feel like the latter aspect, while slightly present in this instance, is not of a similar odiousness to warrant a Camusing.

Burrito

pxleyes

Banned
You Noles are being too reasonable. I always love watching you lose, for the record. I hope you are crying at NC State's feet come Saturday. Are you not entertained?

Enfinit

Ahh, the joys of being an FSU fan.

Westonian

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 10
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 7
Houston @ Rutgers by 6
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 4
Michigan State @ Illinois by 10
Utah @ USC by 6
UCLA @ Oregon by 14
South Carolina @ Missouri by 4
Texas @ TCU by 6
Penn State @ Ohio State by 17
Stanford @ Oregon State by 10

Besides some Anti-Alabama statements, you've taken to this lovely sport with great intelligence. You definitely surpassed the 2 angry Louisville fans!

Gracias. I think...

I wouldn't have said anything too bad against Alabama because I like them mostly. Maybe when they were playing Ole Miss?

I do follow CFB quite a bit nowdays. I would watch 4-6 games a week (they have two channels which play matches from about 1am Satdy Night to 4pm Sun Night).

I probably now follow it more closely than half the people who visit this thread.

I wouldn't even call this an upset. Might still be close though, A&M will still have their best player, just nobody to throw to him.

Mike Evans is a great player, but he is not their best player. It is hard to argue that anyone but JFF is their best player. Look what happened for the 10mins he was off against Auburn.

Has it been confirmed JFF is out this week?

Draxal

Gracias. I think...

I wouldn't have said anything too bad against Alabama because I like them mostly. Maybe when they were playing Ole Miss?

I do follow CFB quite a bit nowdays. I would watch 4-6 games a week (they have two channels which play matches from about 1am Satdy Night to 4pm Sun Night).

I probably now follow it more closely than half the people who visit this thread.
k?

Probably, most fans will watch games relevant to their rooting interest, so there's not so much knowledge about the sun belt ( except for MRE as he's an alum of every school in that conference) or the mac.

Lonestar

Pretty much if I ever go, it's to a game that's out, and it's about playing it. I save any and all console specific talk to the rare times I log onto IRC, usually around E3. Because hey, guess what doesn't work during those few days?

He was still a Junior, right?

Draxal

Pretty much if I ever go, it's to a game that's out, and it's about playing it. I save any and all console specific talk to the rare times I log onto IRC, usually around E3. Because hey, guess what doesn't work during those few days?

I think I talk more about video games in the NFL thread then I do in gaming

If you guys are unsure of your USC pick, here's some info.

USC had 53 players play against ND. Only 39 of them were healthy enough to practice today.

USC will be playing without its 2 top RBs, 3 of its 4 top WRs and the other 2 reserve WRs are questionable at best to play.

So this week against Utah, as far as scholarship players goes, USC will have: 3 tailbacks, 2 WRs, 0 TEs total.

Lonestar

I think I talk more about video games in the NFL thread then I do in gaming

My guidelines mean I'm there maybe a handful of times, every half year.

Guess the GiantBomb topic is technically there. But since it's more a discussion of when things are going on during a live show, there's not as much guarding, or whatever it is mod's do over there.

Top Bottom