• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

Ganhyun

I think it was Mark May but someone called out the Miami alums on Twitter complaining about how the team is doing. Told them to go help out if they are that upset.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think it was Mark May but someone called out the Miami alums on Twitter complaining about how the team is doing. Told them to go help out if they are that upset.

What does that even mean?

Miami sucks for a ton of reasons having nothing to do with unsupportive fans.

So reports are coming out that Clemson didn't even bother going into the locker room at half and are out on the field eating orange slices.

THE DISRESPECT IS REAL AND I LOVE IT

Ganhyun

What does that even mean?

Miami sucks for a ton of reasons having nothing to do with unsupportive fans.

I assume some of the more well known Miami alumni tweeted or something about the team not performing like they think they should.

So reports are coming out that Clemson didn't even bother going into the locker room at half and are out on the field eating orange slices.

THE DISRESPECT IS REAL AND I LOVE IT

Damn at the disrespect.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

ded_bob_as_cartoon_sortof_by_rancidom-d32ye15.gif

#Ded

If you honestly think the best team is always the winner you must not watch sports often. Sometimes things just break a different way. It happens.

This is true, but when it occurs as frequently as it does for Nebraska it's not just bad luck at that point.

Jhriad

This is true, but when it occurs as frequently as it does for Nebraska it's not just bad luck at that point.

Luck breaks both ways. If you'd watched Nebraska under Pelini the last couple years we've gotten our share of breaks to get to 9 wins that this is really just the eventual return to the mean. It's never just luck. Poor execution, playcalling, clock management, bad calls from refs, etc. all have their part. Given the sheer volume of injuries we've gone through (and the Hail Mary) I'm going to lay at least some of the blame on "Bad Luck." When you're down to your third or fourth string at multiple positions, only traveling with a total of 5 linebackers (one of which may not be able to play in volume), and requiring guys to play out of position because of injuries Luck has played its part.

FyreWulff

Reminder: If Nebraska loses this game, to make it to a bowl they have to win every single game for the rest of the season, which includes Iowa and Michigan State.

If they win, they still have to beat Iowa or Michigan State.

Of course we're going to lose another one despite being the obvious better team. Giant defensive busts and befuddling playcalling continues. Hooray. I'm going to go throttle something.
the one team that beat us with arguably similar or superior talent would be Miami, and they're getting blown the fuck out by Clemson. Soon to be 4-3

Mediocre teams are streaky. Mediocre teams look great one drive and fall apart when it matters. Mediocre teams crack under pressure. No matter how you cut it, this team isn't good. The fact we couldn't take advantage of our piss easy schedule is a testament to that

Nialrot

For god sake can we just fire everybody. It's time to restart this program and not when GOL feels like it.

Sigh...

He has no choice he really doesn't get recruits otherwise. KSU has meh facilities in a meh area surrounded by meh towns and is a 2 hour drive from KC. It's a testament to his coaching ability that he's made this program into anything at all.

No I understand why he has to. It's part of the reason why he is one of the better coaches because of these and still is a good program. That's why Snyder is a great coach.

Top Bottom