• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Stanford is a private West Coast school full of smart kids in the bay area. Not really surprised at their fan turnout when they aren't in typical CFB country nor do they have a massive CFB history to draw from.

Also not surprised Palmer would be stupid either.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Stanford is a private West Coast school full of smart kids in the bay area. Not really surprised at their fan turnout when they aren't in typical CFB country nor do they have a massive CFB history to draw from.

only bit of CFB history that I think Stanford has ever been a part of, is being on the wrong side of "The Play." But then, they brought the Right Part of that moment, just not the football team.

AntoneM

Allen has the yips, but Kyler isn't ready. I expect him to be the starter next year though. This offense needs a run game to keep the defense honest, even if it's from a running qb.

Good, Allen would have been "the guy" at ASU. Happy he has shit the bed somewhere else.

Sorry that you have to deal with it, since you guys beat us good that first game of the year.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The team was loaded Sark was just a mediocre coach. If Haden hires a good coach instead of another Carroll era retread this team will be able to compete for the Playoff right away.

Yeah, they need someone with real experience.

Kiffin and Sark could have been great at some point.. but they needed to goto smaller schools to break themselves in as head coaches. They weren't ready yet, and still aren't.

They need a guy that has head coaching experience, and not just a year or two.

Yeah, I'm not shocked of course.

Kevtones

That guy during the FSU-GT final play yelled 'what a time to believe alive'. Brilliant.

Eastside isn't Seattle, breh.

Oh I've spent a bunch of time in Seattle proper otherwise. She's just in Kirkland now. I didn't mean public transportation more the ease of missing traffic signs and getting on a bridge that takes you to a different island. 40 minutes later…

That said I'm rooting for UW over Stanford.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, surprise to find out that OSUn/Rutgers was "big" enough to bring in that primetime ABC crew of Herbstriet and Fowler

For those who were wondering why OSU fans were acting like chicken littles during the season.

This game is why because the team is looking like what we all figured and hoped it would

Sotha_Sil

My god, the Big 12 will probably have three 8-0 teams after next week while not playing a single team close to being ranked. TCU, Oklahoma St, and Baylor combined to play 1 OOC team from the P5. These are some of the most pitiful resumes I've seen in a long time.

Meanwhile, Iowa has quietly gotten wins against 6-1 Pitt, 6-2 Wisconsin, and 6-2 Northwestern. At least one of those wins will hold up through the remainder of the season.

Clemson is positioned really well for the CFP.

Congratulations IOWA on your first top 10 AP ranking in like a long ass time.
Eh... I think it's entirely possible Florida and Okie St leapfrog Iowa. I wouldn't even blame the voters, as much as I'm enjoying the ride, we haven't really looked like a Top 10 or even 15 team. Miracle kick to beat Pitt at the buzzer, tied with Iowa State until the last 2 minutes, only really dominated Directional Texas and jNW, etc. Add how close Iowa and Florida were in last weeks poll...

My god, the Big 12 will probably have three 8-0 teams after next week while not playing a single team close to being ranked. TCU, Oklahoma St, and Baylor combined to play 1 OOC team from the P5. These are some of the most pitiful resumes I've seen in a long time.

Meanwhile, Iowa has quietly gotten wins against 6-1 Pitt, 6-2 Wisconsin, and 6-2 Northwestern. At least one of those wins will hold up through the remainder of the season.

Clemson is positioned really well for the CFP.

Iowa OOC opponents: Illinois State, Iowa State, UNT, Pitt.

Northwestern is probably the hardest regular season opponent you have all year. What are you on about.

Edit: fixed my mistake dega you dog!

Top Bottom