• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Four Thread: Keep Calm - There Is No God

Lol so much for Michigan State's sparkling win in an otherwise terrible schedule. tOSU I get, returning champs and all, but what is the reasoning now for their #2 ranking now?

Utah 61.

cdyhybrid

Lol so much for Michigan State's sparkling win in an otherwise terrible schedule. tOSU I get, returning champs and all, but what is the reasoning now for their #2 ranking now?

Utah 61.

Everyone else in front of them lost (except tOSU).

How bad is Oregon, and how good is Utah?

Utah is pretty good, particularly their defense, but Nike U isn't as bad as they look. Everything is going wrong for them.

That said, I think they'll be taking a significant step back now that Mariota is gone and they don't appear to have a suitable replacement.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Oregon's defense is historically bad.

Don Pellum isn't a good DC... Call back Aliotti quick like...

Utah isn't even that good..

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Man, I was all angry about losing to Mississippi, but at least it wasn't like... this. Damn.

Whats Chip winning? He still hasn't figured out that gimmicks last maybe 2 seasons tops in the NFL.

People who think that Chip Kelly's offense is a gimmick are people who don't understand football. His offense is one of the most basic offenses in the NFL and the reason it isn't succeeding has nothing to do with gimmicks.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, Chip Kelly didn't like running up the score.. he'd pull his guys 2nd QTR if he was up too much. They never intentionally tried to do that at all.

Oregon has looked bad in every facet of this game.

People who think that Chip Kelly's offense is a gimmick are people who don't understand football. His offense is one of the most basic offenses in the NFL and the reason it isn't succeeding has nothing to do with gimmicks.

Yeah ok, I've been watching and playing football probably longer than you've been alive. Kelly's offense is just a variation of the FSU fast break offense. It's a gimmick that uses speed to offset the lack of variety.

AntoneM

Gonna eat some pre-emptive toast then drink a lot. Fucking Graham and his blitz-no-matter-what D.

Kessler is one of the best QB's in the country and their O-line is much better than our D line... STOP FUCKING BLITZING EVERY DOWN.

ag-my001

1) A&M gets a nice statement win to open the season.
2) Easy cruising out of conference, though there are occasional worrying hiccups.
3) Need desperate 4Q comeback and overtime to escape am embarrassing loss to Arkansas.
4) That statement win? Turns out that team sucks.

Good grief, it's 2014 all over again. I'll prepare for the inevitable shellacing from Mississippi State next week. Gotta keep those expectations low.

AntoneM

1) A&M gets a nice statement win to open the season.
2) Easy cruising out of conference, though there are occasional worrying hiccups.
3) Need desperate 4Q comeback and overtime to escape am embarrassing loss to Arkansas.
4) That statement win? Turns out that team sucks.

Good grief, it's 2014 all over again. I'll prepare for the inevitable shellacing from Mississippi State next week. Gotta keep those expectations low.

I ain't even mad.

Yeah ok, I've been watching and playing football probably longer than you've been alive. Kelly's offense is just a variation of the FSU fast break offense. It's a gimmick that uses speed to offset the lack of variety.

Speed is a gimmick now?

And just cause you've been watching and playing a long time doesn't mean you understand more but run with that.

Balphon

Taylor Alie, QB of the future.

The night is always darkest before the dawn.

If anyone needs me I'll be listening to Everybody Hurts in my bathtub for the next few hours.

Speed is a gimmick now?

And just cause you've been watching and playing a long time doesn't mean you understand more but run with that.

OK, enlighten us with how different Kelly's offense is then. Hell, i've probably coached more than you've watched but please share this wisdom that you have.

Don't be foolish, player speed isn't but offensive playcalling at tempo to hopefully prevent the defense from subbing is.

Okay but you think teams adjusting to up tempo is the reason Chip's Eagles offense has gone down hill and not his mediocre offensive line and below average quarterback?

Top Bottom