• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Nine Thread: Clemson, Clemsoned

It's hilarious how ESPN has been trolling Miami the last few days.

They posted this today on their CFB account on FB:

Miami Hurricanes Football and UCF Football are now looking for new coaches. Surprisingly, in the last 10 years, UCF has a better win percentage, more AP top-10 wins, and more bowl wins than Miami.

And on Sunday, one of their staffers posted the following regarding the perceptions of the coaching jobs:

The Miami job elicits more polarizing views than almost any in Power 5. Coaches from Power 5 programs I talked with are split: some say it's still a great job, others have concerns about admin support and infrastructure. Two agents told me tonight that all things considered, UCF might be a better job than Miami.

And of course publicizing the Charlie Strong sentiments...

XHZLmZI.jpg

andycapps

Yikes. So much has gone into teaching defenders better tackling techniques, but runners have got to learn not to dip their heads down either.

*has not seen the play in action, just going off that photo.

Yeah, I think the next step in the targeting rules has to be ejecting an offensive player that's lowering his helmet and attempting to draw helmet to helmet contact. Though I'm not sure if the Baylor QB was trying to do that.

Lunar15

California?

I mean there are four California schools in the same conference and 3 of them have been in the top 10 this season.

Yeah, California has a lot of teams with rivalries. That said, Auburn Alabama is probably the most intense rivalry I can think of.

Draxal

Yeah, I think the next step in the targeting rules has to be ejecting an offensive player that's lowering his helmet and attempting to draw helmet to helmet contact. Though I'm not sure if the Baylor QB was trying to do that.

They have that in the pros and it is never called.

andycapps

They have that in the pros and it is never called.

Well they need to change that. How many times have people in this thread noticed an instance of a defensive player being ejected who was trying to tackle correctly, but the offensive player lowered their head? The alternative is if they tell defensive players to stay far away from the midsection of an offensive player because they may lower their head, then the defensive players are going for the knees. Suddenly we have the equivalent of Chop Block U everywhere.

ryseing

Eh, Notre Dame is still in it despite losing their QB. Ohio State won it all last season after losing two of theirs.

Baylor's starting a true freshman. An incredibly prepared true freshman, yes, but even freshmen have freshman games, as seen with Rosen this season.

Baylor has the weapons, but Stidham's going to make mistakes and possibly cost them a game.

How is this thread title NOT about the "Block Six"?

Dunno about y'all but my quota of exciting game ending plays has been just about filled.

LOLOLOLOLOL FSU

Also
JIMBO AND HIS CONSERVATIVE FUCKING PLAY CALLING. WHY THE FUCK ARE WE RUNNING WITH :55 LEFT. FUCKING NC STATE ALL OVER AGAIN.

Coach Flood:

Good Person.
Right Morals.
Easy on the eyes.
Altruistic Human Being.
Titan of Football Strategy.
Nurtures Young Men.
Exemplary Discipline.
Special Teams Savant.
Savior of Big Ten Football.

Greatness for you simpletons.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's hilarious how ESPN has been trolling Miami the last few days.

They posted this today on their CFB account on FB:

Miami Hurricanes Football and UCF Football are now looking for new coaches. Surprisingly, in the last 10 years, UCF has a better win percentage, more AP top-10 wins, and more bowl wins than Miami.

And on Sunday, one of their staffers posted the following regarding the perceptions of the coaching jobs:

The Miami job elicits more polarizing views than almost any in Power 5. Coaches from Power 5 programs I talked with are split: some say it's still a great job, others have concerns about admin support and infrastructure. Two agents told me tonight that all things considered, UCF might be a better job than Miami.

And of course publicizing the Charlie Strong sentiments...

They had an article on recruiting. Showed all of the UM recruits tweeting while at the game. Lmfao

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't think losing on a crazy play is any worse than losing any other way.

Except Christian Ponder fumbling on the goalline. Still the worst loss ever. Stupid NC State.

El_Chino

California?

I mean there are four California schools in the same conference and 3 of them have been in the top 10 this season.
To be honest I forgot about California when I said that.

It has nothing to do with where the schools are in the rankings, just how much they dislike each other.

Pour one out for B1G Coach of the Year Jerry Kill.

(Sorry, had to do it one last time. All the best to him.)

Man, the turnover in B1G coaching jobs the past couple of years is crazy.

Draxal

Pour one out for B1G Coach of the Year Jerry Kill.

(Sorry, had to do it one last time. All the best to him.)

Man, the turnover in B1G coaching jobs the past couple of years is crazy.

I don't want Flood to be fired this year, because it's insane the number of jobs that opened up.

USC/USC/Miami/Minnesota/Illinois/Maryland/UCF and it's just barely halfway through the football year.

Jamesways

Ah what a bummer about Jerry Kill. Tough week for MN sports. I really hope he's ok.

I was at the Gopher/Nebraska game- great seats, 15th row, 50 yard line. Kill had some moments where his head looked like it was going to explode. Hope he gets time to relax and focus on health.

Tracy Claeys did a great job last time he had to step down.

Beth Goetz, please don't take Bielema if he's available.

Also, obligatory dilly bar gif for Gopher football.

No snow for Sat unfortunately.

Meier

I knew we'd lose at least one or two times this season so I didn't meltdown much. Georgia Tech are a nightmare to play against regardless of their record and FSU had left so many points on the board. I was prepared for the loss.. I just tweeted, "Ouch."

I put that one on Jimbo.

Top Bottom