• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota NO COVER
Friday
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan MOV TIE BREAKER MSU by 24
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) NO COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) NO COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech NO COVER

TTK, where are you?

On Yahoo.
Seriously.
He's participating in the Yahoo Pickem.

hell-froze-over-400x221.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
PICKPICKPICKPICK

Thursday
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota COVER
Friday
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan MOV TIE BREAKER - MSU by 17
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) NO COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) NO COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern NO COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech COVER

Right here!

I am supporting mre's pick 'em this year

bwahahaha

I agree the Yahoo system is garbage by the way

I don't know if I will keep up with it. I just wanted to check it out.

It's not horribly user-unfriendly but it's weird because Yahoo's bowl pick 'em has all of the bells and whistles. I just assumed their regular pick 'em would have the same tech and ui. Oh well.

andycapps

Probably the Rugters fight song. Do they have a fight song? If not, then some New York related song.

Frank Sinatra's New York, New York.

Affeinvasion said:
It's not horribly user-unfriendly but it's weird because Yahoo's bowl pick 'em has all of the bells and whistles. I just assumed their regular pick 'em would have the same tech and ui. Oh well.

Their UI for the NFL Fantasy Football app is awful. The whole app is just awful.

Yeah, I've participated in the yahoo bowl pick 'ems and its definitely better than this one. It's kind of weird that it's a step back the way it is.

KingGondo

Banned
We may have copied your 1,000 games but at least we didn't copy your sub-.500 win percentage.
Only if you count draws, son. We have more wins than losses.
Barely.

I'll also direct you to the Wikipedia listing:
OSU Rivals:

Oklahoma Sooners
Tulsa Golden Hurricane
That's right. The mighty University of Tulsa is more of a rival to us than you!

TTU Rivals:

Texas Longhorns
Texas A&M Aggies
TCU Horned Frogs
OSU Cowboys
Baylor Bears
We hardly even notice you guys. Sorry.

Thursday
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota COVER
Friday
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan MOV TIE BREAKER MSU by 35
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) NO COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) NO COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern No COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech COVER

andycapps

I'll consider using ESPN next time. Yahoo used to be the best. Now I guess it's just their sports journalism that's the best.

Technically we could probably still do ESPN, right? I mean, season isn't starting until tomorrow. Not much notice though.

Yeah, I've participated in the yahoo bowl pick 'ems and its definitely better than this one. It's kind of weird that it's a step back the way it is.

Likely different development teams at Yahoo handling the CFB side, NFL fantasy, and CFB bowl pick 'ems.

Tammy's on Finebaum now. She just did a tiger growl and ended it with "War Damn Eagle! Ya'll kiss my butt!"

andycapps

I really don't understand the Finebaum show. I mean, I don't understand why people enjoy this. It's a bunch of personas that these idiots have created and people enjoy it so they keep it up.

KingGondo

Banned
Not through your first 1,000 games you don't.
OSU was ass throughout most of its history. Nobody disputes this.

Tech used to be on that list but you've copied so much that an Oklahoma State fan forgot we were two different schools and removed it.
To be fair, we do have some pretty dumb fans. I wish I could forget that the political subforum on Orange Power exists.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't understand the Finebaum show. I mean, I don't understand why people enjoy this. It's a bunch of personas that these idiots have created and people enjoy it so they keep it up.

Seems like a pretty good gig for Finebaum. Racks up ratings for a bunch of bits by people that they don't even have to pay.

To be fair, we do have some pretty dumb fans. I wish I could forget that the political subforum on Orange Power exists.

I would guess that the percentage of people on college football forums that feel this way about their own local political boards is just about 100%. Horrible places in general no matter which way the general political lean of the fanbase is.

andycapps

.@si_ncaafb: Report: Only about 40,000 tickets have been sold for Saturday's Alabama-Wisconsin game http://t.co/GVXcF69qGT http://t.co/gMXa1nd3xf

Bunch of tickets remaining for Sakerlina and UNC tomorrow too. Shocker, fans don't feel like traveling across the country for a neutral site game and spending tons of money on the trip plus on the tickets themselves.

Sakerlina and UNC fans have no excuse since the game is in Charlotte, although of their teams had bad years last year.

Neutral site games are such bullshit, if I want terrible sterile atmospheres I'll watch the nfl

I give cocktail and red river a pass though

Bunch of tickets remaining for Sakerlina and UNC tomorrow too. Shocker, fans don't feel like traveling across the country for a neutral site game and spending tons of money on the trip plus on the tickets themselves.

Sakerlina and UNC fans have no excuse since the game is in Charlotte, although of their teams had bad years last year.

It's a Thursday night game, moved because of ESPN. Hey, awesome for TV viewers, right? But who wants to work, travel to a weeknight game, and have to go to work the next day. Also, the tickets range from $60 in the upper bowl to $240 in the lower. (HBC has complained about those prices, just as an aside.)

Anyway, they've apparently sold 50,000 tickets for USC/UNC, and might sell more prior to kickoff.

Edit: This article puts prices at $70 to $257, which HBC called "Super Bowl prices."

andycapps

It's a Thursday night game, moved because of ESPN. Hey, awesome for TV viewers, right? But who wants to work, ravel to a weeknight game, and have to go to work the next day. Also, the tickets range from $60 in the upper bowl to $240 in the lower. (HBC has complained about those prices, just as an aside.)

Anyway, they've apparently sold 50,000 tickets for USC/UNC, and might sell more prior to kickoff.

Edit: This article puts prices at $70 to $257, which HBC called "Super Bowl prices."
The sooner we come to realize that the schools and conferences care more about pleasing ESPN than their fans, the sooner stuff starts to make more sense.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I have pick 'ems from:

cdyhybrid
chaosblade
chicko1983
lonestar
perfectchaos007
StrikerObi
AlteredBeast
Dsyndrome
Randolph Freelander
andycapps
Ganhyun
Frustrated_Grunt
zyxwvu4321
Battlezone
xeris
Fragamemnon
bucknuticus
Kacar
timetokill
KingGondo
theprodigy
Mac the Knife
Westonian
Chris R
ag-my001
jjasper
GoldenEye007
jhriad
FelixOrion
sf2fanatic

I give cocktail and red river a pass though

I want to go to a red river shootout so bad. One day I will!

Why are you posting a photo from the spring game though?

Because tomorrow night's actual reality is probably buried somewhere in something like this

VnB928D.jpg

Regarding neutral sites-they really stink, but money makes the traditional home-and-home really complicated. If they continue to underperform on attendance as a phenomenon they will naturally die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom