• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching sports on the west coast was the worst. By the time you get home from work, the game will be over. And on Saturdays, games start at 9am.

KingGondo

Banned
Watching sports on the west coast was the worst. By the time you get home from work, the game will be over. And on Saturdays, games start at 9am.
Probably the biggest argument against the MDC. Soooo many late games.

When the Thunder play on the west coast it's torture.

That said, I'd still jump at the opportunity.

I moved to the west coast from eastern time and I like the west coast sports timing, especially for football. You wake up and roll out of bed and there's football ready for you to watch. The day isn't over when your game ends if you want to do something after (at least following an eastern time team) and there are games to take you from 9am-midnight if you want to watch football all day.

NFL is nice too having 1pm games being at 10am so it doesn't break up the day right in the middle.

True, but I'd wager that the overall political lean of both OSU's and TTU's fanbases is pretty far right.

Oh well.

Less than 24 hours! I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!

The only time I dared venture into a college football political thread was a few months ago when I was bored and browsing TCU's board. And they were talking about Hilary and the Electoral College, or something like that.

And someone snarked that Electoral College was on Baylor's 2018 non-conference schedule.

andycapps

SECSECSEC

Seriously, Friday is for HS. I wish ESPN would stop adding more games to that day.

Ha, I was just trying to mess with him like Jim messed with Dwight on The Office in trying to convince him it was Friday when it was actually Thursday.

Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - NO COVER
Friday
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan MOV TIE BREAKER - MSU by 28
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) - NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) - NO COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) - NO COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Urbz said today he wont even tell the starting QB theyre the starter till right before they come out for kickoff.

Our starting QB is also a "secret" (everyone is pretty much 99% sure it's Mahomes) but Kingsbury said on Monday that he has already told the QBs who the starter is.

Whether the rest of the team knows (or at least knew at that point) is still a bit fuzzy.

Lunar15

Treon Harris is "starting" the game for the Gators. Kinda surprised. Sure, Grier is going to play in the game, but all the talk I heard was that Grier was going to get most of the snaps.

We'll see how it goes, I guess.

Bullshit. You've got to give first team reps to your starting QB when they're installing the offense this week for VT.

No one on the team knows yet, not even the center. He said he told them today whos "ahead", but he wont even announce to them team who the starter is when he tells the QBs as it doesnt matter.

Edit:

Saw your edit, the media has said all the reps have been 50/50 all camp and this week.

andycapps

No one on the team knows yet, not even the center. He said he told them today whos "ahead", but he wont even announce to them team who the starter is when he tells the QBs as it doesnt matter.

Edit:

Saw your edit, the media has said all the reps have been 50/50 all camp and this week.
I'm just not sure I buy that. They have to know who the starter is and are preparing that way. Maybe nobody aside from those two players knows but I have to believe they know and the coaches definitely know.

What is going on at Rutgers?

B1GB1GB1G

Beaten by two minutes.

ryseing

Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC- COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota- NO COVER
Friday
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan MOV TIE BREAKER- Michigan State by 35
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5)- NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5)- NO COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5)- NO COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5)- NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5)- NO COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5)- COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern- NO COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech- COVER

Also, since I pay no attention whatsoever to CFB in the offseason:

ACC
Coastal- GT
Atlantic- Clemson

Big 10
East- OSU
West- Minnesota

Big 12
Baylor

SEC
East- Georgia
West- Alabama

Pac-12
North- Oregon
South- Arizona

AAC
East- ECU
West- Memphis

Playoff
1) OSU
2) Alabama
3) Clemson
4) Baylor

Finals
OSU v. Alabama

Champion
OSU

Subitai

Ha, I was just trying to mess with him like Jim messed with Dwight on The Office in trying to convince him it was Friday when it was actually Thursday.
Oh, so that's where that evil genius came from.

Anyway, what do you think of Greenie picking Georgia to make the playoff?

andycapps

Oh, so that's where that evil genius came from.

Anyway, what do you think of Greenie picking Georgia to make the playoff?

Probably a dumb question, are you referring to David Greene? About the question, I think it's certainly a possibility depending on how some things shake out. I think Bama at home is probably the biggest game on the season. On the road at Tennessee the week after will be hard after such a tough game, but I think it's winnable. Auburn is who most people have UGA losing to, but Richt's record at Auburn is 4-3, and I believe a Muschamp coached defense is 0-2 against him, with each suffering huge losses.

I prefer when we're just outside the radar. I don't think the team has historically handled high expectations well, but you clearly want to be within striking distance in the preseason rankings, otherwise you have little chance unless everyone at the top loses. So where we're at in preseason rankings is just fine with me.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Edit:

That sounds stupid and damaging.

Subitai

Probably a dumb question, are you referring to David Greene? About the question, I think it's certainly a possibility depending on how some things shake out. I think Bama at home is probably the biggest game on the season. On the road at Tennessee the week after will be hard after such a tough game, but I think it's winnable. Auburn is who most people have UGA losing to, but Richt's record at Auburn is 4-3, and I believe a Muschamp coached defense is 0-2 against him, with each suffering huge losses.

I prefer when we're just outside the radar. I don't think the team has historically handled high expectations well, but you clearly want to be within striking distance in the preseason rankings, otherwise you have little chance unless everyone at the top loses. So where we're at in preseason rankings is just fine with me.
Mike Greenberg from Mike & Mike, so no one with exceptional incite and expertise. However, he has a history of sometimes jinxing his picks.

andycapps

Mike Greenberg from Mike & Mike, so no one with exceptional incite and expertise. However, he has a history of sometimes jinxing his picks.

I hate Mike & Mike. I don't really mind him picking UGA, but like I said, I prefer when we're under the radar. Keep us out of the top 5 at the beginning of the season to where all the Gameday stories are about how awesome tOSU is or how Oregon is going to use their transfer QB from a directional school this year to take them back to the playoffs. That's fine by me.

you're in the SEC, this doesn't even matter

That sounds stupid and damaging.

He really does know whose going out there and since the whole offense is back, it's really irrelevant.

He isn't naming one to dick with VT over the film crap last year. They are almost interchangeable, JT and Cardale. Now they have differences.. But would the offense suffer tremendously? Nope.

pxleyes

Banned
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - NO COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER
Friday
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan MOV TIE BREAKER - MSU by 28
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) - NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) - NO COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) - NO COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - NO COVER

For shits and giggles

ACC
Coastal- GT
Atlantic- Clemson

Big 10
East- OSU
West- Minnesota

Big 12
TCU

SEC
East- UF (East is weak still, what the hell)
West- LSU

Pac-12
North- Oregon
South- Arizona State

AAC
East- UCF
West- Memphis

Playoff
1) OSU
2) LSU
3) Oregon
4) TCU

Finals
OSU v. LSU

Champion
LSU

I'm not sure where people are getting that UNC is a dump of a team as is going to get thrashed. I mean, they are not that great, but their QB is one of the top 3 in the ACC. Spurrier's teams have been all over the place in recent years. There's a reason why the line is so close in that game.

I'm starting to think that the real "upset" this week might be at Boise. Coach Pete is kind of a miracle worker and I've heard that the Huskies are better than they look on paper.

cdyhybrid

I'm not sure where people are getting that UNC is a dump of a team as is going to get thrashed. I mean, they are not that great, but their QB is one of the top 3 in the ACC. Spurrier's teams have been all over the place in recent years. There's a reason why the line is so close in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom