• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where people are getting that UNC is a dump of a team as is going to get thrashed. I mean, they are not that great, but their QB is one of the top 3 in the ACC. Spurrier's teams have been all over the place in recent years. There's a reason why the line is so close.

Fedora lost to Rutgers and Gary Nova last year.. I have no faith in him whatsoever. They may be up and down. But OBC> Fedora

Watching College Football Daily and they brought on someone to discuss what Twitter users are saying about Harbaugh. Painful to watch. I know Twitter is part of the conversation, but make it interesting. Jeebus.

Ganhyun

Do I have to give an acceptance speech, because I didn't prepare one?!

Nah. No need.

Edit: Finebaum predicts UGA will go 10-2 in regular season and win the SEC East. He predicts we beat Bama, but lose to Vols the next week due to letdown. He predicts our second loss is to Auburn.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
He really does know whose going out there and since the whole offense is back, it's really irrelevant.

He isn't naming one to dick with VT over the film crap last year. They are almost interchangeable, JT and Cardale. Now they have differences.. But would the offense suffer tremendously? Nope.

I'm talking about to his team. Drawing this battle out internally and in the media seems like it would make it worse for the losing QB and for teammates. If you know, just come out with it and get it over with.

I get keeping it from the media,because who cares about them, but it seems dumb to not tell your team.

cdyhybrid

I'd be worried about someone sneaking a Nike U or Pullman Community College fight song on me, but I don't think I've actually heard either of them. Or not enough to remember them, anyway.

andycapps

Nah. No need.

Edit: Finebaum predicts UGA will go 10-2 in regular season and win the SEC East. He predicts we beat Bama, but lose to Vols the next week due to letdown. He predicts our second loss is to Auburn.

People are really drinking that Tennessee and Auburn kool-aid. Despite UGA beating them 34-7 last year with Nick Marshall at QB. We'll see what happens. I think Auburn will be better, but people are assuming that Boom is going to take them from 8-4 to 11-1 or 10-2.

Tennessee has been recruiting well, but they're so young and inexperienced after that first string. Their OL has already suffered some season ending injuries. They could start well and end up imploding.

Let's go baby! Boomer Sooner!
please don't suck.

rVPK3vf.jpg

Draxal

Fedora lost to Rutgers and Gary Nova last year.. I have no faith in him whatsoever. They may be up and down. But OBC> Fedora

They didn't lose, they got stomped, it was Flood's most dominant victory.

Looking at their depth chart its a starting CB, starting FS, backup FB and backup CB.

Can anything else go wrong with the Rutgers program?

Barnwell would have been our starting cb over Boggs but he couldn't play due to academics.

I'm expecting Barnwell, Peele (who might have been bystanders) to be kicked off the team due to multiple incidents. I'm also expecting Boggs to get jail time.

Gross and Stephenson might be able to come back this year.

Barnwell is also the player that was in the Flood e-mail.

So I was trying to log in to Fox Sports Go so that I could watch the Utah/Michigan game later while I was at work, and apparently, they're doing doing a Khaki Cam tonight.

In case any of you were interested.

I keep wondering what this camera is going to be.

Is it a camera pointed at Jim's khakis all game long, giving us workmanlike ass shots aplenty?

Or is it a camera mounted to Jim's khakis, giving us at home the game as viewed from Jim's crotch?

The camera is there to give Michigan fans something less painful to watch than Devontae Booker running all over Michigan's defense.

ag-my001

Could someone tell me why A&M is favored over ASU? The simple answer would be SEC bias, but if that were the case, why would that leave A&M unranked and ASU so high?

andycapps

Could someone tell me why A&M is favored over ASU? The simple answer would be SEC bias, but if that were the case, why would that leave A&M unranked and ASU so high?
I don't think the oddsmakers in Vegas work at ESPN so the SECSECSEC thing probably isn't it. I'm not sure why they're picking A&M either, but I'm guessing John Chavis being there to coach defense has people optimistic.

cdyhybrid

A&M is favored because more people bet on them.

The polls have no rhyme or reason.

The line goes where the money is (or is expected to be).

Maybe Vegas expected betters to expect game 1 A&M from last year to open the season when they hammered South Carolina in Columbia.

Hmmm, for that matter, maybe North Carolina is... nope, still not picking them.

The opening line is the best you'll get from oddsmakers, the rest is influenced by bets.

So basically it is SEC bias from bettors.

Similarly, a lot of SoCal people go to Vegas and bet on USC, so I rarely bet on USC because their line is almost always inflated.

I'd first like to say that picture of the Gators fan in the OP is a thing of a beauty.

Pick Em Week 1

Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - NO COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - NO COVER
Friday
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan MOV TIE BREAKER - MSU by 24
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) NO COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech COVER

Aaaaaand....

ACC - Clemson
Atlantic: Clemson
Coastal: Georgia Tech

B1G - Ohio State
East: Ohio State
West: Minnesota

Big 12 - TCU

PAC 12 - UCLA
North: Oregon
South: UCLA

SEC - Auburn
East: Georgia
West: Auburn

AAC - UCONN
East: UCONN
West: SMU

Playoff Semi
1 Ohio State
2 Auburn
3 TCU
4 UCLA

Finals
1 Ohio State
2 Auburn

Champion
Ohio State

I have no idea what I'm doing.

bpfd

Is it time yet? Are we there yet? My piss is hot and my body is ready to watch TTUN get embarrassed.

When you're in a port a potty on campus and you see an ant crawl on the spare toilet paper roll as you're relieving yourself... You know you've made it to the 2015 CFB season.

Jhriad

It's essentially a home game, ASU's pass defense was terrible last year, talent, and Chavis. I have no doubt that A&M can find new and exciting ways to fuck up but there are plenty of reasons why they should be slightly favored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom