• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds liek Zona's Scooby Wright may have a legit knee injury. Was in street clothes and needed a cane to walk the 2nd half of thier game tonight

Westonian

Going 2-0 in the pick 'em.

Feels good, man.

Utah and Michigan both looked out of sorts. Not a good game, but college football is back, so it was a great game!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Baylor has suspended Shawn Oakman and Orion Stewart for their game this weekend. See guys? Suspending these two star players for the game against SMU (1-11 last season, outscored 496-133 overall, 7 losses by 37+ points, sole win against 2-10 UConn by 7 points) shows their clear devotion to player discipline.

Meanwhile, Baylor President and Chancellor Ken Starr doubles down on his support for Briles and for Baylor's handling of the Ukwuachu case.

TCU NO COVER!

...Suddenly I realize that I think I did "Cover" and "No Cover" the wrong way for for my picks earlier. I put "COVER" as I thought Minnesota would beat the spread, but realize now I should have put "NO COVER" since it would be based on TCU (the favored team), not on Minnesota.

Fortunately, whether I did it the right way or the wrong way I went 1-1 tonight so it didn't cost me anything.

I like you Randolph. I hate that you (and espn) make me hate Culpepper when I want to like him.

Who can hate this guy?

Tca6OA3.jpg

He's a man of the people. A man of the Pepper.

Dr. Pepper is Coke run through a dirty sock. So gross.

Gotta get that Dr Pepper with real sugar. That shits awesome. In fact, all the pops made with real sugar are far, far superior to the corn syrup shit.

Watching Hawaii and Colorado, mainly because I love hearing the very white people try to pronounce the names correctly.

Norm Chow and maybe the entire Rainbow Warrior football program is on the hotseat, a signature win over the Buffaloes here would be a big help in keeping both around.

Norm Chow and maybe the entire Rainbow Warrior football program is on the hotseat, a signature win over the Buffaloes here would be a big help in keeping both around.

I didn't realize they were at risk of being UAB'd. It would suck to not have a super late night game in Hawaii every other week.

KingGondo

Banned
Underwhelming and conservative performance tonight against CMU. Thought we would cover but we didn't come close, so blah.

On the bright side Rudolph looked really solid and we're incredibly deep at skill positions.

Defense has some athletes but I want to see better tackling and positioning. Frosh punter looks great.

Unfortunately it looks like it will take until at least the Texas game to find out who this team really is.

I didn't realize they were at risk of being UAB'd. It would suck to not have a super late night game in Hawaii every other week.

They got a big shot in the arm from the boosters to help cover costs, but the program is in the red for a long time and realistically needs almost 10K/year more season ticket sales to help bridge the athletic department's deficit. They can get there - at least partially, but they must put a better product on the field to do so.

It's early and Utah is a good team but honestly I think that game pretty much takes the air out of the 8-9 win win parade some Michigan fans are pimping. QB looked horrible at times and it's not like Morris is better. O-line got manhandled most of the game. Eh...

It's early and Utah is a good team but honestly I think that game pretty much takes the air out of the 8-9 win win parade some Michigan fans are pimping. QB looked horrible at times and it's not like Morris is better. O-line got manhandled most of the game. Eh...

You forgot they play in the shitty B10. They could scrape together 8 wins there, easy.

impirius

Hooray, living in eastern North Carolina will continue to be tolerable for the next few years!

Charlotte was nice, but the tickets were way overpriced. Almost $100 face value for 200-level seats in the corner. Thank you, random UNC fan that left his friend hanging.

After last season's exciting, high-scoring losses, I have learned to better appreciate the value of ugly, sloppy wins. This was one of those. UNC was superior on offense and looks to be a solid team if they can keep the turnovers in check. Both defenses looked much better than last season, and UNC's linebackers kept all the off-tackle stuff under control for three quarters.

As bad as this game looks it's no where nearly as bad as the Utah St. game I watched tonight. Most of the Mountain West looks pretty shaky in the season openers so far.

does Washington have a chance against Boise St?

Washington has raw talent and it has Coach Pete, which means you shouldn't write them off on any game they play. It's not the kind of game I would place a bet on in any way-too much unknowns all around.

edit: While we are talking about Hawaii, I'd like to say that the Hawaii bowl is the worst. Impossible to sell tickets for , holiday season last minute flights to Hawaii = ridiculous, and when you can't sell your school's allotment you eat it on the bottom line. Venue sucks and should be moved to somewhere in the intermountain West or the Pacific NW.

Levyne

Banned
Not surprised to read this thread after the fact and see that rudock looked like garbage.

Not that I expect the Iowa offense to change at all after replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom