• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
5 miles away from campus in Auburn. That new video board is a *touch* bright.

8458F154-72D9-4238-875C-97054511B0D8_zpsoq2vv95p.jpg

Subitai

They do kinda look ok from the 10mins I have seen.

you need more sleep. Michigan st game was supposed to be pick the MOV, to use as a tie breaker game.
Huh?

Thanks, I just realized that filling out the rest now. :/

Now to see what are Fowler and company talking about...

ryseing

Gameday's been pretty bad this morning between that stupid Jones/Barrett bit and now Brad Paisley.

Also if anyone sees the Pizza Hut code on one of the signs post it here.

Now to see what are Fowler and company talking about...

It's Rece Davis's show now.

Also, if ESPN's looking for a new song to replace Centuries with, they could do worse than the Wiscy/Bama promo song.

Didn't realize Fowler was doing this for 25 years. Time sure does fly.

On a different note i'm ready for Bruins football. Led by a freshman and also by a freshman CB

Kacar

Gameday should be so much better. They basically have a monopoly on the Saturday morning pregame show.

But they just do stupid shit.

MrJames

I thought Chris Fowler & Rece Davis were the same person who did both College FB and College BB Gameday

Rece did the studio show during various ESPN halftimes and the end of the night Final show with Mark May and Lou Holtz. ESPN dumped Holtz and moved May over to the ABC crew with John Saunders and Mack Brown to form an all new super shit show.

ag-my001

I don't recall GameDay highlighting so much gambling stuff. Now I'm seeing lines listed for each game and stat boxes showing records against the spread. Have they partnered with more gambling sites beyond the fantasy draft stuff?

Jhriad

I don't recall GameDay highlighting so much gambling stuff. Now I'm seeing lines listed for each game and stat boxes showing records against the spread. Have they partnered with more gambling sites beyond the fantasy draft stuff?

The two big draft sites are big advertisers and they're trying to appeal to an audience that those advertisers are targeting. I don't know if Disney put any money into DraftKings like Fox did but it's an easy way to appeal to a lucrative portion of the audience.

Cagey

Banned
Oh man, our secondary is looking really really bad.

I'm tired of watching Rutgers and the Giants parallel each other so often in terms of strengths and deficiencies, but here we are again. That first drive was 7-on-7 drills adjace for Norfolk.

Rettig looks good, at least.

Draxal

I'm tired of watching Rutgers and the Giants parallel each other so often in terms of strengths and deficiencies, but here we are again. That first drive was 7-on-7 drills adjace for Norfolk.

Rettig looks good, at least.

Oh, I would kill for college equivalents of Prince Amukamura and Rodgers-Cromartie. Giants just have bad safeties (although Landon Collins might surprise as a rookie).

Cagey

Banned
Oh, I would kill for college equivalents of Prince Amukamura and Rodgers-Cromartie. Giants just have bad safeties (although Landon Collins might surprise as a rookie).

Bad coverage backers too, but the point about the corners is well taken (despite my supreme reservations about DRC). I'm not up to speed enough on the Rutgers LB situation to know if it's as dire there as at CB/safety given the how wide open the deeper post and flags were on that first drive.

AntoneM

I feel bad for Kansas right now... in the same way they would feel bad for ASU during basketball season.

And then KU returns the kickoff for a TD.

So Stanford fans I still don't see no Barry Sanders in the backfield. Is he just not good enough to play ahead of the other runningbacks or something else.

KingGondo

Banned
I think they're just recognizing that office pools, offshore gambling and Vegas are a big reason people watch football, especially when the game doesn't have a direct connection to the fans' rooting interests.

They had "cover watches" last night on ESPN live during the games.

I think they're just recognizing that office pools, offshore gambling and Vegas are a big reason people watch football, especially when the game doesn't have a direct connection to the fans' rooting interests.

They had "cover watches" last night on ESPN live during the games.

They might've done covers this week just to make it interesting, since it's not really hard to pick cupcake week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom